• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

heads up. Hours seem to be changing after labor day. For those that have park reservations you should see the new times
It looks like Disney is tweaking (as in cutting) park operational hours after labor day
MK 9am to 6pm
Epcot 11am to 7pm
DHS 10am to 7pm
AK 9am to 5pm
Just went to MDE and the times have all been changed there already for our Sept trip.
Glad I have ADR for Skipper Canteen at 6pm. That will extend one of our MK days a bit anyway.
No way I'm holding on to my hopper option. (CM today tried to talk me into keeping it "in case" hopping is allowed in Sept). Who has time to hop with these windows of operation?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is strange. Went to DW park calendar and it says for the week we will be there, Oct 5 - 10:
MK 9-7
Epcot 11-7
AK 8-6
HS 10-8

This is strange. Went to DW park calendar and it says for the week we will be there, Oct 5 - 10:
MK 9-7
Epcot 11-7
AK 9-5
HS 10-7
yes people are seeing the change on their park reservations, the hours on the regular calendar haven't been updated yet

Last edited:

I tried to get a refund from Disney today for the hopper portion of my 8 day tix purchased from UT.
I paid $90 (per tic) for the add on at the time of purchase
After the Disney phone CM "did some figuring", she wanted to refund me $40 (per tic) 😲
I declined and contacted UT again (waiting for reply)

Did you get a refund of anything close to what you paid for the add-on?
I got refunded $135 for two 5 day hopper tickets. I'm not sure exactly how much I paid in the first place, but I think the $135 is definitely less than I paid. $40 per ticket is terrible though!

Very disappointed if these are the new hours. I added a day to my ticket to go to Epcot on arrival day. I should get to the resort about 4 PM, which was fine with a 9 PM close. But losing two hours of that is a deal breaker for me. Not sure if I can get a refund for the extra day, but I will definitely try.

MMMMM...........not thrilled about this but it is what it is.

Only park it would affect us is MK (I can't imagine us coming back after naptime) and Epcot restaurants booking. Wonder if the skyliner will remain open until the entire park closes?

Pools will be more crowded later and I assume restaurants will see a bump in their reservations an hour earlier.

I tried to get a refund from Disney today for the hopper portion of my 8 day tix purchased from UT.
I paid $90 (per tic) for the add on at the time of purchase
After the Disney phone CM "did some figuring", she wanted to refund me $40 (per tic) 😲
I declined and contacted UT again (waiting for reply)

Did you get a refund of anything close to what you paid for the add-on?
Honestly I have no idea the add on but total for 1 child/1 adult was $1137 and I got back $237.

Our family traded 2 pirate rooms for standard rooms at CBR and cancelled park hoppers for 4 adults and a child. We got back about $1100.00 (We've stayed in the Pirate rooms before but only chose them because when we rebooked from April to October, that was all that was left).

She said about $355 (I think that was the exact number) was for park hopping and the rest for the rooms.

taking into account the pretty much daily afternoon showers between 2-5:00ish pm which lasts into Sept. this cut back in hours is especially disappointing...we had planned on going back into MK for the last 2 hours hoping for smaller crowds...now we will be forced to be in the parks during the hottest part of the day. Wish they could open at 8:00 am...

Honestly I have no idea the add on but total for 1 child/1 adult was $1137 and I got back $237.
how many days on the tix?
I have 4 adult, 8 day tix (paid $2055) and she wanted to refund me a total of $161 total

Last edited:
I got refunded $135 for two 5 day hopper tickets. I'm not sure exactly how much I paid in the first place, but I think the $135 is definitely less than I paid. $40 per ticket is terrible though!
Ya. This CM was off with her "figuring".
She wanted to refund me a total of $161 for FOUR adult, 8 day hoppers.
I'm glad I declined it. If I had taken it, that would be the end of the story. Done Deal

taking into account the pretty much daily afternoon showers between 2-5:00ish pm which lasts into Sept. this cut back in hours is especially disappointing...we had planned on going back into MK for the last 2 hours hoping for smaller crowds...now we will be forced to be in the parks during the hottest part of the day. Wish they could open at 8:00 am...

I for one appreciate the daily showers. It helps cool the air and clears plenty of people too. The heat this morning was just brutal, even at 8am, but it was much nicer in the afternoon. To be honest, I wish they would open and close later, à la Epcot.

My trip is Labor Day week. Had a 7:10 ADR at EPCOT, which is now closing at 7:00. Will that one be cancelled automatically? Guess I need to look for an earlier time. What a headache!!

My trip is Labor Day week. Had a 7:10 ADR at EPCOT, which is now closing at 7:00. Will that one be cancelled automatically? Guess I need to look for an earlier time. What a headache!!
Yes, VERY frustrating...I just feel like at some point enough is enough.

Yes, VERY frustrating...I just feel like at some point enough is enough.
Yes!! I'm going for a conference. Was originally at CSR. Had to move it to the Gaylord because there wasn't enough space in any of the Disney resorts to accommodate the crowd with appropriate distancing. No worries, we still have the parks. At least that's what we thought! Just one little thing after another.

MK 9-7
Epcot 11-7
AK 8-6
HS 10-8
I once read somewhere that these are the base park hours (except Future World's base closing was 9 PM) but I have not been able to find proof anywhere, for several years. If I did save it, it's on a defunct device :(
Maybe not. It's been a while, but I had a 50s Prime Time reservation for yeah, 10-15 minutes after the park closed. I remember confirming it a few times over the monthd, but the restaurant was open and seating. You could maybe go a little early? While the park is still open?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter