• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Do you have on-site hotel reservations? And, do you have any other tickets in your account? If the answer to those 2 questions are "no," then I believe you will only be able to reserve 3 days with your AP. (The 3 day limit is still in place unless you have a reservation at a Disney hotel.)
Exactly this. If you have an AP and are staying offsite, you are only able to book 3 days. That wasn’t something just for the “early days” as OP is stating, that is there for as long as park reservations are going to be here (which will most likely be a long time).

Exactly this. If you have an AP and are staying offsite, you are only able to book 3 days. That wasn’t something just for the “early days” as OP is stating, that is there for as long as park reservations are going to be here (which will most likely be a long time).
I do have reservations at a Disney Resort, sorry I should have mentioned that.

Hi I'm going to WDW in the later part of January, I have all my park choices made but what if I want to change my plans? I'm assuming that I would go to the website and see if there is availability for the given day at the park I would rather go to. Is that correct, has anyone changed their park of choice for the day while at WDW?

My rope drop at HS on Jan 3

7:15 Leave beach club villas
7:27 through Boardwalk breezeway
7:38 Arrive at HS entrance
7:48 moved to temp check to wait
8:06 temp scan opens
8:17 boarded first MMRR train
8:40 boarded SDD (10 min posted wait, accurate)
8:50 got in line MFSR
9:25 boarded MFSR (35 min wait, 55 was posted by sign since app times weren’t available yet)
9:50 boarded ROTR
10:15 got in line for 10:30 FRozen
11:05 watched vacation fun
11:40 lunch sci fi
1pm skyliner back to room for nap

It was a great day! I wouldn’t change a thing if you want to play it safe. But for minimal waiting could probably arrive at HS 10-15 min later and it wouldn’t put you much behind where I was.

9:25 boarded MFSR (35 min wait, 55 was posted by sign since app times weren’t available yet)

It was a great day! I wouldn’t change a thing if you want to play it safe. But for minimal waiting could probably arrive at HS 10-15 min later and it wouldn’t put you much behind where I was.

Thanks for posting this. We are headed back down in a few weeks and I was curious about DHS opening times now that they moved from a 10a opening to 9a. When we were there in October, we walked over at 8:20 for a 10a opening and were about 20 people back from the front of the line. How bad was it when you arrived at 7:38?

Just curious, what was the line like from the Boardwalk area? Do you know if they were letting cars in at the time they started the temp checks for you? I’ll be going on Friday and will have a car. Probably won’t do the Uber method to speedway since it’s more of a hassle with kids, but would love to be able to do mmrr and sdd in the first hour, lol.

glad your morning went so well!

Thanks for the info! This is very helpful!

Thanks for posting this. We are headed back down in a few weeks and I was curious about DHS opening times now that they moved from a 10a opening to 9a. When we were there in October, we walked over at 8:20 for a 10a opening and were about 20 people back from the front of the line. How bad was it when you arrived at 7:38?

We were about 15 people back at the first holding spot, then second at line once they assigned us a line to move forward for temp check

Just curious, what was the line like from the Boardwalk area? Do you know if they were letting cars in at the time they started the temp checks for you? I’ll be going on Friday and will have a car. Probably won’t do the Uber method to speedway since it’s more of a hassle with kids, but would love to be able to do mmrr and sdd in the first hour, lol.

glad your morning went so well!

The only thing I can say for sure is that the walkers were the only people there when they moved us forward for temp check, but at 8:06 when they let us in, there were significantly more people there but I don’t know if they came from busses, cars parking or skyliner (some skyliner came right after the walkers) but there could have easily been some buses started to arrive or cars parked but I couldn’t see

The only thing I can say for sure is that the walkers were the only people there when they moved us forward for temp check, but at 8:06 when they let us in, there were significantly more people there but I don’t know if they came from busses, cars parking or skyliner (some skyliner came right after the walkers) but there could have easily been some buses started to arrive or cars parked but I couldn’t see
Thanks, I know there's a lot going on. Appreciate the info. I think for us, if we don't get in right away, we'll skip mmrr and head straight to Slinky Dog. Thanks for the update

If MK opening time says 8am- are they opening any earlier than that 'unofficially'? My daughter will be at MK (staying at POP) this week for one day on Thursday- she wants to make sure she is there as early as they let you in so she doesn't get behind in the lines that morning.

Thanks!

This is a pretty accurate depiction of RD HS, and I still think it's the best way to get it done as long as you get an earlier BG slot. We were at Riviera over Christmas (christmas eve and day after christmas at HS), got there via skyliner after they had already opened temp check and literally walked on MMRR. Like, never stopped moving even after they put us in a spot to sit they car pulled up/gate opened/ we sat down and never stopped walking till our butts hit the seat lol. We had every ride but RnR done by our 1:30 lunch, we didn't even have to kill ourselves to get there for RD.

If MK opening time says 8am- are they opening any earlier than that 'unofficially'? My daughter will be at MK (staying at POP) this week for one day on Thursday- she wants to make sure she is there as early as they let you in so she doesn't get behind in the lines that morning.

Thanks!
Usually around 45 minutes before posted opening, although that doesn't mean all the rides will be operating that early, she can still get in.

Usually around 45 minutes before posted opening, although that doesn't mean all the rides will be operating that early, she can still get in.

If you're parking at TTC is it open early enough to get to the MK gates at that magical 45 minutes before park opening time?

Thank you!
What time are the first buses running at the resorts? Is it an hour before opening?

Thank you!
What time are the first buses running at the resorts? Is it an hour before opening?
I don't know exactly for MK since we stayed at Contemporary for that portion of our trip, but when we went to AK and Epcot they arrived over an hour before posted opening. Actually got to Epcot at 8:45, 10 am opening, and they lined us up at the tapstill until 9:15, so bus must have been at CR around 8:30 or so for the 10 open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter