WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Just a reminder that today is the first day of new park hours so plan accordingly
Magic Kingdom Park: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. EPCOT: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.

Hi everybody - I've searched this forum for the answer and posted in another thread as well, but answers seem to differ. When is Epcot opening the parking lots? When is the park itself opening? And when do the rides start operating? Thanks and sorry if this has been answered clearly somewhere else!

All parking lots are opening about 45 minutes before park official opening time, right then the park opens as well, you can go in and queue up for your first ride that may or may not operate before official opening time

Ok so just checking rn it seems MK hours have been extended some for Nov.
Starting Friday 6th MK is 9am to 7pm (probably for the Castle projection)
Epcot is changing hours on Nov 27 and 28 to Noon to 8pm
DHS and AK stay the same

Last edited:

I don't want to purchase an nonrefundable ticket only to discover that the park of my choice is already fully booked/reserved on the day I want to visit. Is there a way I can see if the park is still open for reservations prior to purchasing a ticket?

Maybe I have the process wrong, but I believe you have to attach a valid ticket before you can reserve a day at the park.

Thank you.

New hours are posted for the Magic Kingdom beginning November 6. The closing time has been changed from 6 PM to 7PM, presumably to make the holiday projections on Cinderella Castle easier to view. (Sunset is at 5:40 PM on November 6.)

With this change, 3 of the 4 theme parks will now be closing at 7 PM. Disney's Animal Kingdom is still listed as a 5 PM closing time.

New hours are posted for the Magic Kingdom beginning November 6. The closing time has been changed from 6 PM to 7PM, presumably to make the holiday projections on Cinderella Castle easier to view. (Sunset is at 5:40 PM on November 6.)

With this change, 3 of the 4 theme parks will now be closing at 7 PM. Disney's Animal Kingdom is still listed as a 5 PM closing time.
Already posted on this thread and the holiday thread, thanks

I have been puzzling over why Epcot hours went to 12 instead of 11. So they stay open for eight hours which means they only have to hire one crew to work. That’s the only reason I can think of

I have been puzzling over why Epcot hours went to 12 instead of 11. So they stay open for eight hours which means they only have to hire one crew to work. That’s the only reason I can think of
Current hours are 11am to 7pm, so same deal

I’m not sure. They do seem more crowded than previously. Allegedly when they release more availability for Passholders they are pulling it from the day ticket and resort guest availability but I’m not buying it. I think they are just increasing capacity for Passholders and more locals are just coming in. We were at Animal Kingdom today and it was more crowded today than it was on our last trip mid week in January. I mean it was okay For us and we had a great time but anyone coming expecting a low crowd will be very upset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter