WDW honeymoon will be first for both, HELP!

alykatt

Earning My Ears
We're getting married on June 7th and going to WDW on the 8th(until the 16th). We're staying at the Grosvenor Resort in Downtown Disney. I have absolutely no idea what to do once we're there, nor what to expect from even the hotel. I've heard if you tell them you're on your honeymoon they do special things for you at the park, what exactly does that mean? I'm not really interested in planning a honeymoon, since I've spen the last year planning the wedding, but I do want to make sure we see what there is to see and do as much as possible. We got 4 day passes to the park, w/ an extra day for each of us (from when my mom went in 99') and then 2 days at Universal. It all is begining to feel overwhelming and I'm nervous.. Any help you can give, since you all have been at least once, about our hotel from experiences, the parks, anything.. I don't want to have to worry about the honeymoon too!

First, relax...you will have lots of fun.

I cannot help you with any questions about the Grosvenor's Resort. I don't know the hotel at all nor have I seen it.

What I would do is take it slow. Take advantage of the FastPass system (an advance reservation system for popular rides...helps you avoid long lines.) Also, you might want to invest in the Unoficial Guide to Walt Disney World, or one of the travel guides that highlights Universal and Disney. The unofficial guide has a lot of useful info.

I don't know if your hotel will do anything, but tell them that you are honeymooners, and you might get an upgrade! I've heard of this happening many times.

Also, get the bride and groom ears. I'm pretty sure you can buy them at the Grand Floridian, probably elsewhere as well. But you will get lots of attention and a few freebies as well.

Have fun!
-Aurora:wave:

OK, they are a hotel that is "On Disney Property", but they are not owned or operated by Disney. They provide their own transportation to the parks, it runs every 1/2 hour from 8am until 1/2 hour after the parks close (Animal Kingdom is a little different). They use space #26 at all of the major parks. They are also within walking distance of Downtown Disney where you can use the disney transportation to any of the Disney resorts.

The hotel's Phone number is 407-828-4444, and guest services there can answer most of your questions, but here are a few highlights of things I would recommend (subject to the corrections of the other esteemed posters on this board).

1. Getting to the Hotel: Take a Taxi or set up a town car from the airport. My experience is that the taxi break even point is 2 1/2 people, but when you are not going to one of the Big Disney Hotels you can wait over an hour for a Meirs shuttle.

2. Park-hopper passes: are available from your hotel-Buy one of the plus passes that include the water parks and Downtown Disney. (this is a no-brainer, especially if you want to spend more than one night at Downtown Disney and hit a water park!)

3. Dining: remember the phone number 407-WDW-DINE. A few places that are special at the hotels, and since you can easily hop to them here are a few ideas....The Most Romantic place is Victoria and Albert's in the Grand Floridean (Jacket Required). Other fun places: The Louau at the Polynesian, The California Grill at the contemporary. I also Like Ohana's at the Polynesian. Inside the parks MGM has their Dinner and fantasmic package where you get priority seating at Fantasmic (a must see). I like the Retro-Diner there, Hate the Sci-Fi diner (good concept, lousy food). At Epcot I like the Garden Grill in "The Land"; they have a simple salad that I love, and all of the vegies are grown on property!. I like to wander around World Showcase (part of Epcot) and select a restaraunt that I am in the mood for; you are on your honeymoon and too much planning adds stress. Magic Kingdom I like the Liberty Tree Tavern, and of course Cinderella's Royal Table. AK doesn't really have anything of note, it is mosty junk food there. There is a Rain Forest Cafe at the entrance.
4. Rides: I will limit this greatly, I could go on for pages...
Magic Kingdom: Pirates of the Carribean, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Small World, Buzz Lightyear.
Epcot: Journey into Your Imagination, Test Track
MGM: Tower of Terror, Rock-n-RollerCoaster, The Great Movie Ride
Animal Kingdom: Kilamenjaro Safari (Best First Thing in the morning), Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl (AKA Mousetrap)
5. Shows/parades: There are so many,
Magic Kingdom: Spectromagic and Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks...
Epcot: The Making of me (not really that great, but apropriate for a honeymoon), Illuminations.
MGM: MuppetVision 3-D, Beauty and the Beast, Fantasmic,
Animal Kingdom: Tarzan Rock, Lion King

As far a strategies go, there is a whole forum dedicated to that here. Tuesdays are generally the best for Magic Kingdom to me, and mornings for Animal Kingdoms. Your hotel does not offer Early Entry, Sorry. I don't know if you can got for the "E-Nights", but that would be worth it.

I would temper everything that I have just written with the fact that this is your honeymoon, so you really don't want to be on any kind of a rigid schedule. I would plan 1 or 2 things at most a day.

Also remember, you will be back.............
(Think DVC :))
:bounce:

Ooops, Forgot, First thing when you get there, Buy the Bride and Groom Mickey Ears...Wear Them!

Also, I agree with everything that Aurora63 said and above all else,

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter