WDW - March 11-18 2017 (16 people, one house)

It is truly impressive how you kept the group moving at a good clip and how even the separations went smoothly.

I am in shock about the Jedi line. I knew it was bad and obviously it would be even worse at peak crowds - but I never imagined it was THAT bad! (my kids outgrew it a few years ago). The year we did it, we went during lower crowds in general and waited at the tapstiles a solid hour before park open. So we had no issues being in the first wave to sign up. From the sounds of the crowds in front of you before rope drop, an 8:35am arrival was "late" for something like Jedi training. Still, you got in (even though it was a 45 min wait!) - unlike those poor people who were "super late" at a 9:05am arrival!

Yeah it was bonkers. I have been seeing the times for that day on easywdw and it was a very very crowded day.

As for the separations: if people know what's up they are more likely to follow the lead. I am blessed with a really great family-in-law and we are used to doing stuff together so it didn't seem odd how smooth it went, but in retrospect it could have flown off the rails.

Last edited:

sounds like you did a great job as your families Disney tour guide/planner for 16!! I was in your shoes for our December 2016 trip with half of what your group was and I will say I felt a lot of pressure to give them the best Disney experience I could.. My sisters said she enjoyed the trip and appreciated the work I put into the trip cause we had minimal wait times, some awesome meals cause of my careful planning, but the constant go-go got to her. If she ever joins us for another Disney trip again I will keep it it might to stay a little bit more laid back :)

Yeah, it's push and pull. We were pretty worn out most days, but I got a lot of thank yous and Kudos. They seemed to appreciate the work and the fact that they missed most lines and still hit everything they wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter