WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dumb, silly question..... anyone know how they calculate the "30 days from first park entrance?"

According to the MDE app, the resort countdown says I am "31 days" from arrival (apr 7), and we plan to enter the park that first day.

Yet when I do a "calculate days between today and Apr 7" google search, it comes back as "32" and indicates Friday, March 8 as 30 days. I know it makes a difference if you include today in the count, but what does Disney do?

Silly, I know, but I don't want to hang out on the DAS chat if I am a day early, but really, timing wise, tomorrow would be a better day than Friday for my anyway....

So... which is it? Anyone have experience?
I just finished booking today. Our trip begins on April 5th.

I have a dumb, silly question..... anyone know how they calculate the "30 days from first park entrance?"

According to the MDE app, the resort countdown says I am "31 days" from arrival (apr 7), and we plan to enter the park that first day.

Yet when I do a "calculate days between today and Apr 7" google search, it comes back as "32" and indicates Friday, March 8 as 30 days. I know it makes a difference if you include today in the count, but what does Disney do?

Silly, I know, but I don't want to hang out on the DAS chat if I am a day early, but really, timing wise, tomorrow would be a better day than Friday for my anyway....

So... which is it? Anyone have experience?

The Disney countdown is off by a day. They forgot to account for leap day and never adjusted it. So go by your countdown or add a day to theirs.

Thanks, this morning I decided it was better to be safe than sorry rather than spending time waiting for someone to pick up only to tell me I was too early... will do it tomorrow.☺️

Did my DAS re-registeration this morning (30 days before first park day).

I always find it stressful, mostly from the technical end - so afraid I'm going to get in and then lose the connection. Of course, had to log in several times during the chat, and the CM was always there when I finally got back in.

Anyway, accepted the terms, and then clicked on START as soon as it turned blue. Waited for a couple of moments then Sonya came online and went through the comments about working with another guest and would be back shortly.

(This time I tried having two screens open to do the logging in again, and once when the chat box came back it said the agent had closed the session - panic! But a few heart beats later, it popped up back in the same place we had left it.)

About 20 minutes after initiating the chat, CM came back and went through the info collecting about reservation, guests, etc, then same agent launched the video portion. That took about 10 minutes all together. And she put me back in the queue for the Adv selections.

The next agent (Lindsey) came on about 3 minutes later and asked how many days, what day was first, and then sent a list with times for all the available attractions. I chose my two, and we then moved on to the next day, until we had all my park days (7) completed.

Altogether, the whole thing took about an hour. Always glad when this is finished - the trip feels so much more real now!

Has anyone heard of them approving a DAS if you have issues holding your bladder?
Hopefully not TMI, but I’ve had to start a new water pill medication. It makes you constantly have to go to the bathroom and therefore drink a ton of water to stay hydrated. We plan on getting genie plus, but I’m worried about long lines and being stuck with no access to go. I’m hoping my body adjusts by the trip but a lot of people have said it doesn’t improve. I also can’t stop the medicine for the trip.

Has anyone heard of them approving a DAS if you have issues holding your bladder?
Hopefully not TMI, but I’ve had to start a new water pill medication. It makes you constantly have to go to the bathroom and therefore drink a ton of water to stay hydrated. We plan on getting genie plus, but I’m worried about long lines and being stuck with no access to go. I’m hoping my body adjusts by the trip but a lot of people have said it doesn’t improve. I also can’t stop the medicine for the trip.
it could go either way. I would have a back up plane even if you get it. could be stuck on a ride or something else go on that you might not make it to the bathroom in time

My friend is a Disney newb, who, most likely, will be utilizing a DAS when she goes in a few months. I was showing her how to use MDE to make DAS selections when she is in the park, but the tile has disappeared since the MDE update. Does anyone know where it went?

My friend is a Disney newb, who, most likely, will be utilizing a DAS when she goes in a few months. I was showing her how to use MDE to make DAS selections when she is in the park, but the tile has disappeared since the MDE update. Does anyone know where it went?

The das tile is only there after it is approved and you have entered the park for the first day. It will stay for 60 days after which you have to start over and get approved again within 30 days of your next park day

I was 45 min in total today to get my DAS. As usual (I’m an AP who visits a few times a year) they could see I had one before but I had to run through why I need it and get a new pic. I used chrome on my iPhone, felt very smart because I remembered I couldn’t do it in the Disney app… felt less smart when they initiated the chat and it failed because I didn’t have microphone/video permissions enabled 😆 They gave me a chance to fix that and refresh and it all worked fine from there.

ETA: started around 10:30 pacific

If I previously had DAS at Disneyland, do I need to apply at WDW through the process mentioned in the first post? Or is there an easier to migrate it over?

If I previously had DAS at Disneyland, do I need to apply at WDW through the process mentioned in the first post? Or is there an easier to migrate it over?
Each coast has different computer systems so you will need to register for DAS at WDW using the links on the first page.

Ok I went back a few pages in the event someone else asked but could not find an answer to this specific question:

Yesterday we registered for DAS and was told that my pre-selections could only be for my "1st park"...however I believe that assumes park passes, and given I have date-based tickets I no longer need passes.

We waited a week out from the 30th day so we could do all the pre-selections in one shot and, as expected, many of the pre-selections were later in the day.

Question:

Can I go to another park in the morning and use in-park DAS and then hop over to the park to use my pre-selections or do I need to enter the park for the rides I pre-selected first?

For example, I have a Jungle Cruise at 5:30pm and would rather hop over to MK and use that. Can I do this and still use in-park DAS at, say, Epcot?

I would hate to lose my pre-selections, however many of them were so late that would be somewhere else with the current plans we have. I could flip some things if this was allowed.

Ok I went back a few pages in the event someone else asked but could not find an answer to this specific question:

Yesterday we registered for DAS and was told that my pre-selections could only be for my "1st park"...however I believe that assumes park passes, and given I have date-based tickets I no longer need passes.

We waited a week out from the 30th day so we could do all the pre-selections in one shot and, as expected, many of the pre-selections were later in the day.

Question:

Can I go to another park in the morning and use in-park DAS and then hop over to the park to use my pre-selections or do I need to enter the park for the rides I pre-selected first?

For example, I have a Jungle Cruise at 5:30pm and would rather hop over to MK and use that. Can I do this and still use in-park DAS at, say, Epcot?

I would hate to lose my pre-selections, however many of them were so late that would be somewhere else with the current plans we have. I could flip some things if this was allowed.

I’m sure you can do that without issue. You can use day of once you scan in and they are separate from the prescheduled. That being said I have an AP and have to pick my park so no actual experience doing it.

I’m sure you can do that without issue. You can use day of once you scan in and they are separate from the prescheduled. That being said I have an AP and have to pick my park so no actual experience doing it.
Thanks for the quick response. I think I will be ok...was just curious when the Cast Member said it must be for the first park..

It feels like they just want a person that doesnt' need a park pass to have their DAS Adv Reservations in one park, and if you select later times for a park you will be in later, I THINK it should work. But I too have an AP and had to do mine in the park with the park pass.

My understanding, now that theme park reservations are not needed for many tickets, is that DAS Advanced Selections can still only be made for 1 park. They have no way of knowing if that is your first park, only park, or hopping 3 times. Just that DAS Advanced Selections cannot be made in multiple parks. I suspect the CM's wording of "first park" was just a throwback to pre-January.

My understanding, now that theme park reservations are not needed for many tickets, is that DAS Advanced Selections can still only be made for 1 park. They have no way of knowing if that is your first park, only park, or hopping 3 times. Just that DAS Advanced Selections cannot be made in multiple parks. I suspect the CM's wording of "first park" was just a throwback to pre-January.
Agreed...thanks.

Question:

Last week I had 2 evening DAS advance selections in HS. I went to another park in the morning and used DAS in both parks and my preselects no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter