WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if this has been said but I just did my DAS pre regustatation and I hard a dig when they where already for me. hope this help

Might be d news, Surprised with recent DAS registration that the initial CM handled it all. no waiting to be transferred & do the online form. All over video chat! Big improvement!

Might be d news, Surprised with recent DAS registration that the initial CM handled it all. no waiting to be transferred & do the online form. All over video chat! Big improvement!
I think it depends how busy they are at that time. If not busy the same CM will do it all; if busy, the CM doing the video will transfer you to another CM for the Advanced Selections.

Question about the advanced selections… we were going to play by ear when we were going to wake up/do pool/head to the park each day. If I were to make an advance selection for 4:00, and then we decide to enter the park at 9:00- do we have to wait to make selections until after 4:00? Or can I enter the park and start making my selections right away?

Question about the advanced selections… we were going to play by ear when we were going to wake up/do pool/head to the park each day. If I were to make an advance selection for 4:00, and then we decide to enter the park at 9:00- do we have to wait to make selections until after 4:00? Or can I enter the park and start making my selections right away?
The advanced selections are in addition too. So once you scan into a park you can get a return time for whatever.

Yes, you can make a day-of DAS as soon as your party enters the park. There are also rides that are not eligible for pre-selection available in the park like Mine Train and Flight of Passage.

The advanced selections are in addition too. So once you scan into a park you can get a return time for whatever.
Okay great! So I’m thinking we are better off doing the advance selections later in the day so we can definitely use them. Then if we decide to go to the parks earlier, we can just make selections after we tap in.
Thank you!

This may be the wrong forum to ask this, but I wasn’t sure exactly where to post. This is our first time having park hopper passes since the reservation system started. The tickets we have required reservation days and I made advance selections for DAS pass at the parks on the reservation.
Since we have park hoppers, is it possible to scan into a different park first? For example, on a day we made a reservation and advance DAS selections for MK, could I head over to AK first and then go to MK later? Or would I have to scan in at MK, head over to AK, and then head back to MK later? (We made all of the advance DAS passes for as late as possible as I don’t tolerate heat.)

This may be the wrong forum to ask this, but I wasn’t sure exactly where to post. This is our first time having park hopper passes since the reservation system started. The tickets we have required reservation days and I made advance selections for DAS pass at the parks on the reservation.
Since we have park hoppers, is it possible to scan into a different park first? For example, on a day we made a reservation and advance DAS selections for MK, could I head over to AK first and then go to MK later? Or would I have to scan in at MK, head over to AK, and then head back to MK later? (We made all of the advance DAS passes for as late as possible as I don’t tolerate heat.)
I asked the same question and will let you know next weekend when I am there but pretty sure this will be fine....my Hollywood Studios pre-selections are 130 and 3 so will go to AK first and use in park DAS....then hop over...can't see how they would disappear..but will let you know nonetheless.

I asked the same question and will let you know next weekend when I am there but pretty sure this will be fine....my Hollywood Studios pre-selections are 130 and 3 so will go to AK first and use in park DAS....then hop over...can't see how they would disappear..but will let you know nonetheless.
I’ll be there this weekend so I guess I will let you know first :)

Do your tickets require reservations? Mine did, so that’s what was throwing me through a loop.

Since we have park hoppers, is it possible to scan into a different park first?

I asked the same question and will let you know next weekend

If you have a theme park reservation — using APs or military or comps or such — the first park you enter must be where you have a reservation. Then you may hop elsewhere.

With a theme park reservation your DAS Advanced Selections must be made at the park with a theme park reservation. That said…I believe you can change the theme park reservation and it will not impact your Advanced Selections. So assuming hopping has not been restricted (as it was at MK today), you can hop to the park to use your Advanced Selections.

I’ll be there this weekend so I guess I will let you know first :)

Do your tickets require reservations? Mine did, so that’s what was throwing me through a loop.
Cool...no reservations needed here...I am assuming My Disney experience isn't smart enough to pair advanced experiences with reservations anyways...best of luck to you...hopefully the crowds die down.

When you have a VQ and request DAS access does your whole party your DAS is linked to have to go to the umbrella for the scan that turns it kinda into an ILL or can it be just you?

We've always done it at the front of the ride during our VQ time, so everyone that wants to ride should be there anyway.
Oh for sure! I've just got a crew of 6 this trip including an ECV so if I didn't have to crowd an umbrella with all of us I wanted to avoid it. Alas as a pack we shall travel!

We arrive on May 18th. Seeing as the change starts the 20th I would think that we will still be ok'd for the DAS pass for DD that needs it. After the 20th from what I'm reading, we will not be able to get it again. This whole thing is very sad and a bit stressful as we have gotten used to this accommodation that has been so very helpful for us. I'm upset at those that have abused the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter