WDW Transportation

Do you Think WDW transportation is awful ?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted yes but really its only the busses that I find to be a pain. I never have good luck with them either. I always walk up just as one has pulled away or one will go by and not stop! Grrrr...
I like the monorail and the boats though!

I think their transportation is awesome. I don't know any other company who can move so many people in so many directions at one time with as much expertise as Disney!

It has it's moments, but all in all I think they do a pretty good job!

I voted 'no'.

I used to hate the busses when we stayed at the moderate resorts. But, since we have been staying at POP I have found the busses to be outstanding. I think Disney is just used to moving alot of poeple at the second largest resort on property and not so well at the moderates. :confused3

I think the transportation at Disney is great. I don't drive so it's wonderful to know that I can get through my entire vacation without a problem. I have also found the POP bus system to be excellent. I've heard its the only resort to have their own personal bus line. I have also never had a problem with the Magical Express....

:drive:

Having lived in and visited major US (and European) cities, I continue to be amazed at the incredible job Disney does at providing transportation. Free public transportation (understanding that 'free' in this case really means 'included in the price of admission,' but still --) doesn't mean 'instant transportation to where ever I want to go, when ever I want to go.' If public transportation in Boston, for example, were as easy, extensive, and clean, then the $2 a pop fare wouldn't be as hard to swallow....

I voted NO, I think they really do an amazing job with all the people they need to move to so many different areas. HOWEVER, in 1973 on my first visit to Magic Kingdom we took the Monorail from Polynesian. Flash forward 36 years and that is still the only unique transport. I understand the challenges but have to figure that Disney Imagineers should be able to overcome those, not necessarily with more monorails, but something unique.:thumbsup2

I voted NO, I think they really do an amazing job with all the people they need to move to so many different areas. HOWEVER, in 1973 on my first visit to Magic Kingdom we took the Monorail from Polynesian. Flash forward 36 years and that is still the only unique transport. I understand the challenges but have to figure that Disney Imagineers should be able to overcome those, not necessarily with more monorails, but something unique.:thumbsup2

I'm sure they are working on teleportation :)

Anywho, I voted a big no. While nothing is perfect, I love not having to drive places. WDW is truly one of the few places I've visited that I can just sit back and! relax once we get on the plane at our home airport :) I let WDW take my bags from MCO and let DME take me to my resort. Once there I use the WDW transportation until I let DME take me back to the airport. I've never had any issue with transportation over 4 or 5 visits in 2 years. LOVE IT

No..I think at times it could be more efficient, but overall it is as efficient as it can be and it is FREE

I'm not unreasonable. I'll give them another 30-40 years to perfect the teleportation,:cool1: in the meantime some landbased solutions would suit me fine.:banana:

I think they do a great job for the amount of people they move each day. Nothing is perfect but their system has been thought out real well. ;)

I think their transportation is awesome. I don't know any other company who can move so many people in so many directions at one time with as much expertise as Disney!

For us it's part of the adventure and 43 trips so far and never used or rented a car, where else can you go and have free transportation all across the property? Nothing beats a vacation where you don't have to drive or park, remember directions, fill up or wait in long car lines to enter or leave a park, Disney does it best.

I voted yes.

Having voted that way - I think that Disney has developed a system that is as efficient as it possibly can be. It's basically similar to any metropolitan public transportation system. But I would just as soon spend a couple additional hundred dollars to rent a car. Then, I can save myself the time and hassle of waiting out in the Florida heat and humidity for a bus.

I understand the expense involved, but it would seem to me that for the one time HUGE investment, Disney would save SO much money over the long run if they would just install a monorail system across the property. They would save insane amounts of money on gas for the basses, and they'd have a phenomenally smaller impact on the environment. Who knows - maybe a monorail isn't the answer. But it seems like there has to be a better way to move people and reduce the number of people who say they had to wait forever for a bus.

That's why I visit the place, though, and don't build it! :)

Completely agree !! I love the fact I don't have to rent a car, they pick me up from the airport, they take me back, I don't get lost, I don't spend time parking, etc.............. :santa::santa::santa:

As a die-hard car renter - even when I stay on-site - and a perrenial critic of the WDW transportation system, I may surprise people when I vote - NO, the system is certainly NOT "awful", nor is it a "pain in the tush", if you know how to use it.

The system is remarkably efficient and complete; you can get from anywhere, to anywhere, using nothing but WDW transportation. It's possible to stay at a WDW resort with no rental car and always get where you are going; very few vacation destinations can boast that.

My problems with the system have always been A) it takes a lot longer to get anywhere on WDW transpo than by car, B) WDW transpo is much more crowded than my rental car, and C) WDW transpo operates on set routes with an approximate 20-minute schedule. By renting a car, I can go where I want, when I want, with as many or few stops as I want, including off-site for shopping and dining.

But as critical as I have always been of the WDW transportation system and its many flaws, I still think it's a great system. I have made a few trips over the years with no car, relying entirely on the WDW system, and I always got where I was going. I was miserable because I couldn't drive myself, but I never got stranded anywhere, never had any difficulty finding my way anywhere, and always arrived where I was going.

I voted no...I think it's great that I just have to hop on a bus, NOT park my car in a lot and wait for a tram car to bring me to the park gate entrance, and pay a fee to park my car.

My fiance also hit the nail on the head when he said he loves not having to think about anything @ Disney....not even driving haha.

We have stayed @ ASMo and although we do share buses sometimes w/ the other AS resorts, I have to say I haven't had any major problems. It just seemed that the 2 times we went to DTD we waited and waited for a but it wasn't so bad.

I also love the monorail :)

Having lived in and visited major US (and European) cities, I continue to be amazed at the incredible job Disney does at providing transportation. Free public transportation (understanding that 'free' in this case really means 'included in the price of admission,' but still --) doesn't mean 'instant transportation to where ever I want to go, when ever I want to go.' If public transportation in Boston, for example, were as easy, extensive, and clean, then the $2 a pop fare wouldn't be as hard to swallow....
If the MBTA was half as efficient as WDW transportation, I might even be able to figure it out and use it!!!! I went to London last Feb and found their system to be incredibly easy to use.
Disney transportation? Very good for what it is. I choose not to rent a car...I don't want the hassle of driving in an unfamilier place with lots of other people who are also unfamilier with the area. I don't want to search for a decent parking spot..those parking lots confuse the life out of me anyway. The buses do take a bit longer to get from point A to point B...but it's public transit. I plan accordingly. It's part of the vacation..that's how I know I'm really finally in WDW!!!
Now what would be nice is if Disney could come up with some kind of system to load those strollers outside the bus...some kind of rack system..sure would clear out some addtl space for human beings on those buses.

I'm just too Type A. I can't stand to wait around for the transportation. It's not bad if going from hotel to park and back, but if I want to have breakfast at another resort it drives me wild....

But the Monorail is my favorite mode of transportation of all time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter