We are the 218th AKV owner--what are you?

dizzneebabe

SOME IMAGINATION!!!
DVC Silver
I was just curious to see where we stand. MS told me the last 3 numbers of our contract (...218) indicated we were the 218th purchaser at AKV. I thought that was neat.

So...what number are you???

It seems MS may be exaggerating a bit. I have two contracts and they end in 003 and 004. I just bought so that cannot possibly mean what MS said.

Is it possible that the last 6 digits of the OP's contract number are 218.001 and that the .003 and .004 numbers on your contract are add ons for AKV to your original contract number. If that is right, it could be that the OP is the 218th person to have a new contract at AKV (as opposed to add ons).

All 4 of my contracts have the same Numbers. Except the ending #(.0,.1,.2,.3)

So that can't be the case.

Not sure how that would work, because if someone did an AKV Add-On, they would maintain the same contract number of their original master contract no matter where it was purchased. It's possible they're doing something special for brand new members who are purchasing AKV as their very first contract and somehow coding the AKV purchase sequence number into it somehow.

Were you previously a DVC owner, or is this your very first purchase and that's why you were told it indicated your purchase sequence.

That number (218) sounds low. I think there have been a lot more than 218 buyers of AKV. I suspect it does not include all the current members who did AKV add-on's, but is only those brand new members who purchased AKV as their first resort.

I do know when DVC first started in 1991, the membership number (on the blue membership card) originally had the sequence of what member you were for all of DVC. That's the last 5 digits on the card. We purchased in 1993 and were just a little over the 8,000th member.

So those that purchased more than a few years ago can check their blue membership number (last 5-digits) to see how many members joined before themselves. (This is with a 12-digit membership number). Maybe someone who purchased new more recently can check their blue membership number and see if it's 12 digits still, or is more)

It's possible they didn't realize the program would grow so much, and thought 5 digits (up to 99,999 members) would be sufficient.

Of course eventually DVC went over 99,999 members, so don't know exactly what they did after that.

Gee, I actually believed the CM on the phone. When I received my papers from Disney to sign, there is a phone number in the instructions that it says for you to call before you sign anything. Really, it appears just to be for your own benefit, in case you have any questions. The CM asked for my contract number, so I gave it to him. I rattled off the numbers, ending in 218. He then explained how we were the 218th owner at AKV.

This was my first purchase, so maybe it is for new owners only...????? My friend's contract who just purchased about a week later, ends in 299.

Too bad if it's not true. Made for a good story, I guess.

I do know when DVC first started in 1991, the membership number (on the blue membership card) originally had the sequence of what member you were for all of DVC. That's the last 5 digits on the card. We purchased in 1993 and were just a little over the 8,000th member.

So those that purchased more than a few years ago can check their blue membership number (last 5-digits) to see how many members joined before themselves. (This is with a 12-digit membership number). Maybe someone who purchased new more recently can check their blue membership number and see if it's 12 digits still, or is more)
Interesting. We purchased our first contract in February of 2002, and have a number (last 5 digits) under 10,000.

We did tour OKW several years earlier.
Do you think that has any bearing on the number? :smokin:

MG

Interesting. We purchased our first contract in February of 2002, and have a number (last 5 digits) under 10,000.

We did tour OKW several years earlier.
Do you think that has any bearing on the number? :smokin:

MG

We purchased our first membership at OKW in January 1995 and that member number is a bit over 17,000. Our first resale at OKW was from an owner who purchased in July 1997 and that member number is a bit over 39,000.

My guess - the timing of your tour of OKW has no bearing on your member number for VWL.

I THOUGHT (and I think that "thought" was from postings on the DIS, somewhere) the last digits on your contract pertain to what "order" you were in amongst those who also have master contracts at that resort. In other words, where amongst those who's initial DVC purchase was at the same resort in which YOUR first DVC purchase was. Add ons don't count in that numbering.

Does that make sense?

Anyway, we were number 079 for AKV.

We purchased our original OKW contract early in 1997, and our contract number is 31,500 something. I suspect that is in fact the number of members as a new contract, but the last digits after the decimal point denote our add-ons. We have the master plus a .1, .2, and .3 after them.

We also purchased in 1993 a few days after Caskbill and also have an 8,000+ number for our first contract.

If you regard the last 6 digits, I believe the last five indicate the order of purchase at that resort and the 6th digit indicates the resort - with OKW as #1, VB as #2, HH as #3, BWV as #4, VWL as #5, BCV as #6, SSR as #7 and now AKV as #8. (I can confirm that #1 is OKW and #3 would be HH, but am not positive about the others).

Using this numbering system, if you had been the first to purchase a new contract (add-ons are a different issue) at OKW back in 1991, the last 6 digits of your member number would be 100001. The full number would be xxxxxx100001 . The contract number does have a suffix , usually in sequence from .001, .002, .003, etc.

If this is accurate the first to purchase a new contract at AKV would have a member number of xxxxxx800001. If you were #218, your membership number might be xxxxxx800218.

I'm not sure what the first 6 digits indicate in the member number - possibly when the purchase was made, the DVC guide and the phase of the moon at that time. ?????? ;)

Please report back if this is close - for any of the resorts.

If you regard the last 6 digits, I believe the last five indicate the order of purchase at that resort and the 6th digit indicates the resort - with OKW as #1, VB as #2, HH as #3, BWV as #4, VWL as #5, BCV as #6, SSR as #7 and now AKV as #8. (I can confirm that #1 is OKW and #3 would be HH, but am not positive about the others).

I can say at least one part of your theory is holding true for me...

Our master contract is at VWL, and the 6th to the last digit of our member number is a "5".

Although we have points at VB and AKV, those are all add ons so we have only one membership number. :smokin:

MG

I'm not sure what the first 6 digits indicate in the member number - possibly when the purchase was made, the DVC guide and the phase of the moon at that time. ?????? ;)

Could be! Our first DVC points were from a resale contract for BWV early in 2006. My membership card DOES have the #4 as the 6the number from the end. The last 5 show that I'm just over the 28000th member at BWV if the numbering works that was. The odd thing is that my card says I'm a member since "4/99" since I'm guessing that's when the original contract was purchased. I wonder if I got the same member number as the people who owned the contract before me?

We also purchased in 1993 a few days after Caskbill and also have an 8,000+ number for our first contract.

Using this numbering system, if you had been the first to purchase a new contract (add-ons are a different issue) at OKW back in 1991, the last 6 digits of your member number would be 100001. The full number would be xxxxxx100001 . The contract number does have a suffix , usually in sequence from .001, .002, .003, etc.

If this is accurate the first to purchase a new contract at AKV would have a member number of xxxxxx800001. If you were #218, your membership number might be xxxxxx800218.

In looking at our number, it would work out for us, since the 8 definitely falls where you suggest it would. And we bought AKV the first day it went on sale to the General Public, so it would make sense we have a low number (79) at the end.

Well, you are absolutely right about that! And my contract number is very close to that (without the numbers in front of the "8"). My contract number has an added "0" in front of 218.

Well, you are absolutely right about that! And my contract number is very close to that (without the numbers in front of the "8"). My contract number has an added "0" in front of 218.
Just to be clear, are you reffering to your contract number, or membership number?

I believe Doc's theory is for your membership number. :smokin:

MG

Just to be clear, are you reffering to your contract number, or membership number?

I believe Doc's theory is for your membership number. :smokin:

MG

Yes, I was initially talking about my contract number. When I received my paperwork from Disney to sign, there was an 800 number for me to call. I called, the CM asked me for my 'contract' number. When I gave it to him, he told me we were the 218th owner at AKV.

I believe Doc's theory about my membership number is correct. I just now looked and found it interesting that my membership number is very close to my contract number, too--or at least those last 6 digits in question are.

Thanks for trying to make sense of this. I didn't ask what those numbers meant--actually I could have cared less. I just thought it would be fun to see where we were in the list, assuming what the CM told me was true. After reading all of this, I think it may be possible, but not for add-ons at AKV. So, perhaps it only relates to the number of master contracts at AKV.

SSR is #6 and AKV is #8. We bought AKV in the sales office at 8:30AM on the first day of sales and were told we were number 3. But our card's last digits are 014 (new contract, not add on).

SSR is #6 and AKV is #8. We bought AKV in the sales office at 8:30AM on the first day of sales and were told we were number 3. But our card's last digits are 014 (new contract, not add on).

I think the number is largely based on in what order your contract is processed. You may have been the 3rd person (either in the sales offices or on the phone...whatever) but your contract didn't get put together until 14th, I think.

Yea, I was told the same thing. #32 on my contract, and I too was on the phone at 8:30 1 Feb 2007, getting our information in.

I suspect it has to do with master contract issuing order. And like people said has nothing to do with people who bought add-ons.

johno

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter