"We forgot to go to Magic Kingdom!" (Not really) – A September 2019 Trip Report - F&W, MNSSHP - COMPLETE 4/17

Super cute pics of you all and Jasmine.

Thank you!

Well, I guess she wasn't succesfful at least!

I like to think I would have noticed before she made it over haha! I was taking pictures so maybe she put her leg in the air and then thought better of it...

I want to try this but DH says it sounds gross.

You should try it! My husband really liked it. I agree it looks... interesting, though.

Ha! A hint of jealously? funny.

I did have to give him a hard time about being jealous of Aladdin :)

Story of a moms life! I feel like its better that you missed it in real time, you know what i mean?

Too true! Going to tell myself she realized it was a bad idea and gave up quickly... thankful for that high fence!

Overall looks like a pretty good amount of F&W items, i feel like with how much information there is out there its hard not o occasionally miss an update, i missed a whole countries QS was closed!

Yes there is so much information that it is hard to keep up. I didn’t realize that Starring Rolls had closed 2 years before our trip... and at least one other slip up coming later in my Trip Report because I

Do you think they will update Three Caballeros to Coco, i can never tell with all those rumors either!

I’m not certain, but I really hope so! It’s due for an upgrade and I love the music from Coco, would love to see the change.

Also did you see how many vegetarian items they have added to the menus at Disney recently?

YES!! I am so excited. There are so many items I want to try. We’re not planning to go back until 2021 but the food alone makes me want to go back sooner!

Just binge-read through your report so far.

Thanks for joining in!

Your girls are adorable and I love all of your outfits for the parks.

Thank you! I had fun picking out their outfits :)

UGH on your departure drama. Hope there were no issues with your home from the storms that arrived just as you were scheduled to leave.

Thank you! We were lucky that our house was fine. There was some flooding in our neighborhood but I was thankfully able to watch the water outside our house from a security camera on my phone and that helped me to worry less while we were gone.

I am a big fan of the grapefruit beer by the brewer as the pomegranate flavor. The one that tasted like a pretzel sounds really interesting.

I love any fruit flavored beer!

I would have been over excited to met Aladdin too... I had a big movie crush on him when I was a kid!!!

Haha me too!! 😍

Last edited:
Eat to the Beat & Frozen Ever After

The Brazil booth is right next to Morocco and I had the Pao de Queijo on my list – the Brazilian Cheese Bread. We had it two years ago and it was one of our favorite items so I was excited to try it again. When it was my turn at the counter, I asked the CM how to pronounce it. She said she didn’t know (she was not from Brazil). This year it came with two pieces but we devoured one before I remembered to take a picture.

IMG_9247.JPG

This was around 4:45pm and I saw that FEA had re-opened, so we headed back to Norway. I knew the line would be backed up, but also knew we needed to head in that direction soon if we were going to fit it in before dinner.

On our way back, we stopped at the drums and instruments in Africa so the girls could play. They loved playing here and it was difficult to get them to keep moving.

IMG_9254.JPG

IMG_9258.JPG

IMG_9260.JPG

As we passed through China, we saw the Jeweled Dragon Acrobats. I knew they started at 5:10pm and had them on my “maybe” list to try to see, but had forgotten about the show, so this was a nice surprise! We were only about 3 minutes late. They are an acrobatic troupe from China and were really impressive.

IMG_9268.JPG

IMG_9269.JPG

We made it to FEA around 5:30pm and used our anytime FP. The Standby line said 90 minutes and we were told the FP line was about 20 minutes, but we only waited 12 minutes. Maybe they were trying to discourage everyone from jumping in line right after it had re-opened. DD4 is not a fan of this ride, not because of the drop, but because of the splash of water that sometimes comes with the drop. She tolerated it though, and I warned my dad that we should protect the girls’ heads from the water splash. I think we did our job well!

PP6 - Frozen - small.jpg

Around 6:30pm we came across the Eat the Beat concert. The band was Starship with Mickey Thomas. I didn’t realize I knew so many of their songs! They played Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now and Somebody to Love among others. DD4 was sleeping at this point, so it worked well to stand in the back with the stroller. DD2 wanted a snack so I bought her a refillable popcorn bucket. She loved this!

IMG_9279.JPG

We stayed for about 20 minutes and DD2 spilled about half the popcorn bucket during this time. Thankfully, refills are only $2!

Our dinner reservation in Japan wasn’t until 7:30pm, and we got there about 30 minutes early, so Pat, DD2 and I took a few pictures in Japan before we went inside.

PP7 - Japan (2) - small.JPG

PP7 - Japan (3) - small.JPG

We eventually decided we would try to check into dinner early. Up next is our dinner at Teppan Edo.

IMG_9258.JPG
DD4 is getting some curls!!!

Great photo!!!! I love it.

Teppan Edo

We checked into the restaurant at 7:08pm and I was told that it would likely be 7:40-7:45pm before our table would be ready. We asked if it was possible to take our stroller in because DD4 was still sleeping, and they had let us do that the year before. They told us they would try to accommodate us, but that they would let us know when our table was ready if we needed to take DD4 out of the stroller.

Another family sitting nearby overheard and said they were told the same thing. They said their reservation was for much earlier, but that they arrived just a little late and at this point had been waiting for a table for 45 minutes. That did not sound like a good sign. Shortly after, their name was called, and unfortunately, they were told they needed to wake their sleeping kids to go inside.

We ended up getting lucky. Our table was ready right at 7:30pm and they let us take the stroller in. We ate here last year and both girls slept through the whole meal. I was sad because I thought they would enjoy the performance, so I booked it again for this year. And DD4 slept through the whole meal again. Maybe some day she will get to see the show!

Dinner was good, but it was so loud, it was hard to talk to my parents who were at the other end of our table. DD2 was strategically placed at a corner so it would be more difficult for her to reach the hot surface where they cooked.

IMG_9288 (2).JPG

We were sat next to a couple from Georgia, and I enjoyed chatting with them throughout the meal. They were spending 2 weeks at Disney, staying in an RV on the campgrounds. I am always fascinated with other people’s stories and was happy to be sat with friendly guys who were also Disney fans and open to chatting. We shared our favorite Disney restaurants, rides, etc.

Our chef, Rumi, was great.

IMG_9289.JPG

The Disney touches in the show at Teppan Edo are the best.

IMG_9292.JPG

Our group was a little difficult because the girls and I are vegetarian, so they need to make our food first, and my dad has a shellfish allergy. They warned us they might not be able to cook everything in front of us because of our needs, but it ended up not being an issue based on what everyone ordered.

I was a little surprised that they did not have egg as an option here. My girls are picky but they like egg fried rice, so that’s what I was hoping to order. Since they had no eggs, I just ordered a side of rice for DD2. She also nibbled on everyone’s udon noodles. She had fun using chopsticks for the first time, and was surprisingly good at feeding herself with them.

IMG_9305.JPG

I ordered the Yasai dinner, which is tofu and vegetables. I order it without the mushrooms, but they would not let me substitute additional tofu or other vegetables in place of the mushrooms. I knew to expect it, but $24 for what is essentially 4 bites of tofu and veggies is always a bit of a sticker shock for me (at home I buy a whole block of tofu for less than $2). But I love the salad, the udon noodles and the yum yum sauce this comes with, and I think you’re really paying for the experience more than anything.

IMG_9302.JPG

I must have really enjoyed the conversation this evening because I failed to take pictures of anyone else’s meal! Pat ordered the filet mignon and miso soup. He said both were very good and this was his favorite food of our entire trip. His mom also ordered the filet mignon. My parents both ordered the Nihonbashi, which is the steak and chicken combo. I think my dad liked it but my mom thought it was just okay. Asian food can be hit and miss for her, and I don’t think this was her favorite.

The total for our 5 adults, side of rice and a couple of non-alcoholic drinks was $192 before gratuity. For sit-down service at the parks, we did not think this was too bad. We decided to skip the dessert menu and search for something chocolate instead. We wrapped up our meal around 9:00pm.

Illuminations

We were there for the last week of Illuminations. We have been to Epcot at least 4 times previously since 2012, and I don’t think we’ve ever seen the full Illuminations show. We were there for NYE to ring in 2012 but I knew the show we saw was a little different for the holiday. Another year I remember watching some fireworks from a distance, but it’s not the same as watching the show. The past two years, with kids, we were tired at the end of a long day and did not stick around for it.

Illuminations was scheduled for 10:00pm this evening, and when we were planning our day, we decided this was way too late (our earliest morning was the next day, nevermind it's way past the girls' bedtime) and did not plan to stay for it. But we realized that this was going to be the last week to ever see the show and FOMO started taking over – and not just for me! We began to negotiate just how early we needed to be up the next morning, and decided to stick it out.

We found a spot on the bridge near France, and my dad and I went off in search of chocolate for dessert.

IMG_9306.JPG

The options at the Chocolate Studio looked good to me but weren’t going to please everyone – Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle and Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart. My dad and I thought we might pick up a tart on our way back for us to share (we both love raspberry/chocolate), but decided to keep looking for other options.

While we were walking, I got a text that DD4 had woken up and wanted real dinner, but DD2 had fallen asleep. They seriously never slept at the same time this trip! I wanted to find something healthy that DD4 would actually eat, so we decided to walk all the way back to the Land pavilion for Sunshine Seasons. We got her pasta with marinara sauce and got the rest of us Ghiradelli chocolate from upstairs. It was getting late at this point, so we skipped the Chocolate Studio on our way back.

We met back up with our group at 9:45pm, and I got DD4 set up with her food while the rest of us broke into the chocolate squares. It was good timing, because once the show started, she was not going to eat anymore. I completely forgot how much fireworks were a main part of this show. I forgot about that time that we watched the fireworks from a distance. I knew there would be some fireworks, but I did not recall this being a “fireworks show” – and DD4 was terrified. DD2 slept through it, thankfully, but Pat had to take DD4 off for a bit because the fireworks scared her so much.

IMG_9312.JPG

IMG_9313.JPG

IMG_9314.JPG

She eventually calmed down and came back, and we cuddled while we watched. I loved the show and was glad we got to see it. As soon as it ended, we made our way to the front of the park. I realized we never got a family picture with Spaceship Earth, so snapped just a quick picture of it on our way out.

IMG_9316.JPG

We didn’t have to take a tram from our car in the morning and should have had an easy time getting out of the park once we exited. But we quickly realized we were turned around and had no idea where we had parked our car. We heard a lot of people who must have been in the same situation, setting off their car alarms to find their cars. I asked a CM if he could tell us where the first cars would have been parked that morning, and he asked what time we arrived. Based on that, he had a list and was able to tell us where we were parked. I was impressed and thought it would be helpful to others to know they had this recorded!

We were back to our resort at 10:53pm, and it was close to midnight before we were asleep.

Steps: 25,032
Miles: 10.07
Predicted Crowd Level: 2
Actual Crowd Level: 2

The Brazil booth is right next to Morocco and I had the Pao de Queijo on my list – the Brazilian Cheese Bread.
This is on my list too!

And DD4 slept through the whole meal again. Maybe some day she will get to see the show!
Oh no! But at least you didn't have a cranky kid during the meal

I'm glad you got to see Illuminations one last time!

Hopping aboard late but all caught up now. Too much to comment on so just going to say - ugh to ticket issues and skirting storms but over all a good day full of character meets and lots of food . Looking forward to reading more

Oh no! But at least you didn't have a cranky kid during the meal

So true! We are not the type to take afternoon nap breaks, but are lucky that our kids will sleep in the stroller when they get tired. I much prefer that they just sleep when they need it than be cranky from lack of sleep.

Hopping aboard late but all caught up now. Too much to comment on so just going to say - ugh to ticket issues and skirting storms but over all a good day full of character meets and lots of food . Looking forward to reading more

I'm glad you are here! Thanks for reading :)

Day 2: Saturday, September 21 – Animal Kingdom

We were up late the night before to catch Illuminations, and we had an early morning planned this day to take advantage of EMH at Animal Kingdom (which began at 7:00am). We decided the night before to "sleep in" and just try to be at AK shortly before the park opened to non-resort guests. According to my FitBit, I got 5 hours, 21 minutes of sleep.

We left our room just after 7:00am and drove ourselves to AK. We were parked at 7:28am (thanks to the picture I took to remember where we parked this day – Dinosaur 33). I feel like transportation around Disney always takes much more time than we think it will. We had a pattern this week of being parked about as far away from the trams as you possibly can get. The girls were still sleepy and cuddled with their grandparents on the tram.

IMG_9323.JPG

IMG_9324.JPG

We were off the trams at 7:40am. Once again, DD4’s magic band wasn’t working. I offered the physical card that Guest Relations had given me the day before, but they just tapped on their tablet and were able to get the band to work.

Two years ago, I had our schedule so packed that there were a few mornings where there was no time for coffee in the first hour (or more) of the day. I promised to make plans for coffee first thing every morning this trip, and I held to that. I need coffee as much as the next person, but Disney turns me into a crazy person who can run on adrenaline for an hour or two. Unfortunately, it doesn’t do the same for all adults in our party. Creature Comforts is my favorites Starbucks, so that was our planned coffee stop for the morning. We arrived 12 minutes after getting off the trams.

I had given the girls breakfast bars or pop-tarts in the room but also bought them a blueberry muffin. They had no interest because, “We don’t like the blueberries.” They love blueberries, but apparently do not eat blueberries when they are baked into muffins. I’m still learning their rules. It doesn't help that the rules seem to change on me every day.

We learned on a previous trip that we could take coffee with lids on the safari, so that is where we headed first. We were disappointed to see the ride was closed down, and the CM directing traffic was recommending that we not wait for it to re-open. Now I know by now that they basically tell that to everyone just to avoid the line getting too long while the ride is still down, but we decided to move on. I was bummed because we didn’t have a FP for the Safaris this day, and getting there during EMH was my master plan for avoiding a long line.

We decided to split up. My parents don’t do roller coasters, and were very nice to take the girls to Triceratops Spin while the rest of us went on Expedition Everest. We arrived at 8:16am, and the posted time was 5 minutes, but we basically walked right on – only waiting for people one car ahead of us. The ride pictures weren't working this morning, so I have no photo proof that we rode.

This is one of my favorites rides and one ride is never enough. The line still said 5 minutes when we got off, so I suggested a second ride. Pat didn’t want to go again, but his mom was up for it, so we walked right through the line again and onto the ride. We managed to ride it twice in less than 20 minutes. The girls also go to ride Triceratops Spin twice with my mom. We met back up with them in a mostly empty Dinoland.

IMG_9329.JPG

While they were waiting for us, my parents asked a CM about what other rides were nearby that they might take a 2 and a 4 year old on, and Dinosaur was recommended. I guess they realized that DD2 was too short and saw warnings about motion sickness (that’s a big no for my dad), so they decided against it. DD4 got her picture taken with a dinosaur, but I’m pretty sure she would have hated this ride. Even I am not a big fan!

IMG_0885.JPG

We took a restroom break and applied sunblock, and then it was time for our first FP of the day – a 9:00am FP to meet Mickey and Minnie! We tapped in at 9:04am. The girls were a little nervous. They really do not trust the fur characters, even their beloved Mickey and Minnie. We had about a 10 minute wait.

When it was our turn, DD2 surprised me by approaching Mickey and handing him her autograph book. I think her face says it all.

PP1 - Mickey and Minnie (6) - small.JPG

Mickey seemed to love her and kissed her hand. She looked pretty nervous, but posed for pictures and gave hugs to our favorite couple.

PP1 - Mickey and Minnie (17) - small.JPG

PP1 - Mickey and Minnie (12) - small.JPG

DD4, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with them. I have a short video from the start of our meet and she is screaming, “No! No! No!” in the background. At some point I picked her up so we could get a family picture (I promised her she didn’t have to stand next to Mickey or Minnie). Right before this picture was taken, she started yelling, “Mickey, don’t touch me!” OMG. Mickey must have been dying. We all tried to assure her that Mickey would not touch her.

PP1 - Mickey and Minnie (9) - small.JPG

We had to get one more with the grandparents (and apparently other guests in line).

PP1 - Mickey and Minnie (10) - small.JPG

After holding a squirming almost-five-year-old, I asked if we could get a quick couples picture before moving on.

PP1 - Mickey and Minnie (11) - small.JPG

We had about an hour until our next FP window, so we decided to go find some tigers.

We left our room just after 7:00am and drove ourselves to AK.

Wow! With the late night you had the day before you and your family are troopers! I would have been happy to get up at 7am. :rotfl2:

We had a pattern this week of being parked about as far away from the trams as you possibly can get.

And I thought that was only us who were so "lucky" to park as far off as possible. We have been known to just leave and enter again to get a spot closer to the tram.

We managed to ride it twice in less than 20 minutes.

Love that ride! Hope you were able to go front row - so fun! We usually ride it later in the evening as many people watch RoL and the line is always short. Did you have time to look at the posters in the last room? They will display your name!

While they were waiting for us, my parents asked a CM about what other rides were nearby that they might take a 2 and a 4 year old on, and Dinosaur was recommended.

No way would I take two little ones on Dinosaur. So bumpy, dark and scary, even for older "kids". Glad your parents decided against it.

When it was our turn, DD2 surprised me by approaching Mickey and handing him her autograph book. I think her face says it all.

PP1 - Mickey and Minnie (6) - small.JPG

Look at that brave little girl! She is keeping her distance, but she DID it!

Right before this picture was taken, she started yelling, “Mickey, don’t touch me!” OMG. Mickey must have been dying. We all tried to assure her that Mickey would not touch her.

PP1 - Mickey and Minnie (9) - small.JPG

You can tell from the look on her older daughter's face that she does not like it. Your younger one is really looking relaxed and confident while holding on to daddy's leg. Love the photo!

Wow! With the late night you had the day before you and your family are troopers! I would have been happy to get up at 7am. :rotfl2:

I was impressed with our family haha! I had wanted us to leave at 6:30am this day, so they were just happy to "sleep in" another 30 minutes :)

Love that ride! Hope you were able to go front row - so fun! We usually ride it later in the evening as many people watch RoL and the line is always short. Did you have time to look at the posters in the last room? They will display your name!

We didn't get front row this time, or a nighttime ride this year - I love it in the dark too! I was watching for our names on the posters but the line was moving so fast, I didn't see them.

No way would I take two little ones on Dinosaur. So bumpy, dark and scary, even for older "kids". Glad your parents decided against it.

Me either! I was so relieved they decided to pass on it... would have said no way if they had asked!

Maharajah Jungle Trek
We missed this trail on our last two trips, and I’m not sure if we had ever been on it before or not. I had it on our must-do list for this trip.

IMG_9339.JPG

We started our trek around 9:30am and spent a leisurely 25 minutes exploring. This was the best picture I got of one of the tigers.

IMG_9340.JPG

Another guest (maybe a CM in plain clothes?) told us the tigers out today were 2-year-old Anala and her twin brother, though they were in separate enclosures. While there weren’t as many animals on this trail, the tigers were amazing to see. Anala was close to a window at one point, I just didn’t get a good picture with the kids up against the class. I joked that this was my best tiger picture of the day:

IMG_9341.JPG

The trail was absolutely beautiful. I loved how it felt more remote, and it wasn’t as crowded. DD4 found a nice wall for a picture.

IMG_9344.JPG

And she told me to take pictures of these flags.

IMG_9345.JPG

After finishing the trek, we still had about 30 minutes until our next FP, so we took a break to get some water and sit in the shade. I love that all food stands will give you free ice water. DD4 saw a fun fountain nearby and went to play in it. I love fun fountains and didn’t remember seeing this one before.

IMG_9353.JPG

The girls and I had fun splashing in it for a bit.

IMG_9356.JPG

IMG_9358.JPG

IMG_9359.JPG

It was finally time to head to our next FP… I’ll give you a hint, it was somewhere with A/C!

The trail was absolutely beautiful. I loved how it felt more remote, and it wasn’t as crowded. DD4 found a nice wall for a picture.

IMG_9344.JPG
The trails are so overlooked! For sure. We took a picture by this wall I think. It is hard to get both trails in and both shows all in one day.

Lion King and Pandora

Our next FP was for the Lion King show. This is always one of my favorite shows of all the parks. We were in line by 10:25 for the 11:00 show. We were behind a LOT of other people and had thought we were early. Thankfully, most of the wait was in the shade, but it was still hot. They didn’t open the doors until almost 10 minutes before the show. I think we were in the Lion section, and high up.

I have a tendency to take a lot of pictures and video when I watch this show, but told myself I should just enjoy this one and watch. I thought we would be back later in the week (we never made it back), but I have plenty of pictures and video from previous trips. I did well and only took one (somewhat blurry) picture when one of the girls asked me to (they loved telling me what they wanted pictures of this trip).

After the show, we headed to Pandora for our last FP of the morning – Navi River Journey, at 11:55am. This was the first time we discovered there is a pathway from Africa (near the Lion King show) to Pandora. This was one of the only pathways that was not crowded at all and it was somewhat shaded, which was nice.

This was the first time I’ve been in Pandora without it being wall-to-wall people. I tried to get an “empty park” shot of the mountains, but this one couple was not moving fast enough haha, so they got to be in my picture.

IMG_9367.JPG

I’m in awe of these floating mountains every time I see them.

IMG_9368.JPG

We tapped our magic bands right at 11:55am and were on the ride 7 minutes later. This is such a beautiful ride, and I think I appreciated it even more this time around. We even got to see the animatronic shaman this time (she was down last time we rode, so we saw a much smaller projection of her instead).

This year:
IMG_9378.JPG

Last year (the projection behind where she sits):
IMG_1859 (smaller).JPG

After our ride, we were more than ready for lunch at our favorite Quick Service. A former co-worker of mine left our company last year and moved from Texas to Orlando. I am jealous of how close she lives to WDW, but was very excited that it meant she could meet up with us for lunch this day so we would have a chance to catch up. She texted that she was running later than planned and told us not to wait on her for our lunch.

We were in line at Satu’li Canteen at 12:15pm and it took about 20 minutes to order and get our food. I wished we had done online ordering, but we hadn’t really had time and with 7 people, it was sometimes easier just to jump in line and let each person order what they wanted. My mom found us a table near the exit in the corner that was marked as reserved for parties of 6 or more.

I can only load 10 pictures per post, so I am skipping the kids meal, but they had a kid’s quesadilla, which came with chips and grapes. They seemed to like it.

I absolutely love the tofu bowls here, so I ordered mine with the sweet potato hash and creamy herb dressing. I love everything about this dish… the taste and texture of the crispy tofu, the flavor of the sweet potato hash and the dressing, and how it all works so well together. It’s also the perfect serving size for me. It leaves me full but not too full.

IMG_9386.JPG

Pat ordered a beef bowl with beans and rice and the black bean sauce. He said it was good but the portion was much too small for him. He was still hungry after lunch. It doesn't look like much protein to me.

IMG_9382.JPG

I think my mom ordered the chicken bowl with a hearty salad and green onion sauce. I don’t think she cared much for this dish, especially the quinoa as it was prepared.

IMG_9385.JPG

I’m pretty sure it was my dad who ordered the chicken with noodles and green onion sauce. I think he liked it pretty well.

IMG_9381.JPG

Not pictured, but my MIL ordered the chicken bowl with beans and rice and the black bean sauce, and I think she liked her dish too. We also ordered both desserts.

The chocolate cake says it comes with a crunchy cookie layer and banana cream topping. It also had a thin chocolate piece and pineapple with it.

IMG_9384.JPG

It was one of my least favorite desserts of the trip. If you’re expecting cake, do not order this. It’s more of a chocolate mousse and the “crunchy cookie layer” was not crunchy in my opinion – it’s a very soft dessert and I don’t like mousse (with one exception as you will soon see), so this one is not for me.

The other dessert is the blueberry cream cheese mousse with passion fruit curd.

IMG_9383.JPG

This one IS for me. While it’s still a mousse, it feels thicker to me, more like cheesecake, and I like that. I love the combination with the passion fruit curd. DD4 liked the yellow part, and I think DD2 preferred the chocolate, but she ate a few bites from both.

While we ate, I kept re-loading the app, in search of a FP for the Safaris. The ride had re-opened and I believe the line was consistently over an hour long (and anything over 30 minutes is pretty much too long for the girls). I was determined to find a FP, but gave up after awhile.

We were almost finished with our meal by the time my friend arrived, but were happy to sit in the A/C a bit longer so I could chat with her while she ate her meal. It’s always fun to catch up with an old friend, but especially one who loves Disney as much (or even more) than me. She was planning to go to the last showing of Illuminations with her team from work as a team building event – I may be asking her for a job soon haha! The girls were starting to get antsy after a bit, so we said our goodbyes and went in search of our next ride.

Our next FP was for the Lion King show.

Do you find it necessary to get a FOTLK fastpass?
I am hesitant between the Minnie and Mickey greet and the FOTLK...
I really want to see it, so we would be doing standby, but is there an advantage of doing the FP?
Sounds like you had a great time on Pandora! I will most definitely try to find that pathway!

Do you find it necessary to get a FOTLK fastpass?
I am hesitant between the Minnie and Mickey greet and the FOTLK...
I really want to see it, so we would be doing standby, but is there an advantage of doing the FP?

No, I don't think it's necessary to have a FP for FOTLK. I would do the Minnie and Mickey greet instead if you're deciding between the two. For us, we could only pick one Avatar ride, we weren't riding Dinosaur, and only 3 of us could ride Expedition Everest so we planned to ride that on the single rider line. There wasn't anything else we "needed" a FP for, so we went with Mickey and Minnie, Navi River Journey and FOTLK for this day.

That said, we thought it would be more "relaxing" to know we could show up 15 minutes before show time and have a seat... but I've had worse seats almost every time we went FP vs. standby for this show, and we ended up getting there early anyway (and still being seated toward the back).

We listened to music from and/or about each state as we passed through them.

That's a really cute idea!

Oo I love these!

I was so excited to see they had a table full of Lincoln Logs for kids to play with while we waited – I may have been more excited than my own kids as I showed them how to build!

I was excited to see that too and I don't have kids lol. I loved Lincoln Logs when I was little!

She was telling the girls to say “yoohoo!” at the store for 5% off, and DD2 tried to hide behind DD4

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I know there is a grace period, but we had a tight morning planned (trying to fit in all rides at the front of the park), and I didn’t want to be late for our other FPs.

Good thing you made it. If you use a FP in the grace period when you have an anytime FP, it will take your anytime FP!

Based on that, he had a list and was able to tell us where we were parked.

We needed this at AK one day last year- very smart on Disney's part!

Right before this picture was taken, she started yelling, “Mickey, don’t touch me!”

:rotfl::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter