We had a disgusting episode at Rose & Crown.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life isn't perfect even at the happiest place on earth. Your kids learned a lesson...even when everything seems just right, something can happen to turn things around. What matters is how you react to these little annoyances. OP taught her kids how NOT to react. :thumbsup2

Wow, this is one heck of a long thread on puke...at this rate the poor kid who threw up at Epcot will be in college by the time we finish discussing this! :teeth:

Ok, my mom experience is this: If a kid has a virus, they don't vomit just once. With my dd, it's pretty much a couple of times an hour, then the dry heaves until it runs its course. If they toss just once, it's probably something they ate, the heat, or some other environmental factor. So I wouldn't worry catching anything. Anyway, while I wouldn't be happy sitting next to the lingering odor, I wouldn't be worried about anyone catchig anything unless there were recurrances.

I am horrified that I have been sitting here for 40 MINUTES reading the vomit debate. :sad2: "Sorry babe, dinner isn't ready because I was reading a really long dis post about vomit!" Do you think that will work?

Lives4Disney said:
I guess I am pretty much alone in the vomit issue, but I think it's gross.
Lives4Disney :)

Your not alone. I have to aree with you 100%. I would not have wanted to eat 5 feet away from my own daughter's vomit yet alone someone elses. :sad2:

Last year when my family and I were at Disney my son started vomitting on our last day (luckily). I gotta tell you he puts everything in his mouth and he catches things very easily. He definitely picked this up while we were at Disney. After spending thousands of dollars on a vacation I probably would have freaked out too if I were at dinner and sitting next to a potentially viral mess which is very easily picked up. Maybe extreme, maybe. However, I would risk the extreme behavior in favor of my son (or others in my family) not catching whatever. It may be an upset stomach, but I don't know how I could judge it so I would definitely have asked to be moved or left.

I wish I could start a poll for this thread!

Do you like to eat near vomit? :rotfl:
Yes:
No:
Sometimes:

My appetite is gone just by reading this thread.....much less
actually being there!

OF COARSE no one likes vomit and OF COARSE if the OP asked to be moved she should have been!! I don't see a question about any of that.
The only thing I believe is that IF the parents thought the child was sick they chould have taken her out, BUT IF they knew that she was not sick and what the problem was AND corrected it I think it was no point in them leaving UNLESS THE SMELL AND THE VOMIT was going with her. (and we know that it wasn't!)
The main thing I would have done differently, as the parent of the little one, is that I would have insisted on helping clean it up and this has happened to me and I ALONE cleaned it up.

The point of this thread is not your kids vomit, why your kids vomit, that you work around vomit and don't see anything wrong with it, if you think vomit "happens" , your personal vomit stories etc...

The point is that there was a pile of stinky smelly puke in a busy restaurant. I am shocked that most posters find nothing wrong with that.

I guess it is the same people that change their kids diapers in their seat on a plane, wash their kids rear end in a water fountain (saw this in the MK), and a whole list of other gross things people do with their kids because I guess the adults think it's only "kids" stuff and we should all understand. Well guess what it's unacceptable.... puke is puke and crap is crap and washing a rear in a fountain is totally and completely disgusting.

I know there will be posters again saying they have never done such things....I am not speaking to the ones that don't I am speaking to the ones that do.....and I know you are out there because I see these gross things happen with my own eyes, so someone is!

oobidoo said:
I am horrified that I have been sitting here for 40 MINUTES reading the vomit debate. :sad2: "Sorry babe, dinner isn't ready because I was reading a really long dis post about vomit!" Do you think that will work?

I agree. I can't believe I just read 15 pages of posts about vomit. Now I feel obligated to throw up (I mean in) my 2 cents. I am not a vomit supporter. I feel for Lives4Disney. What a bad situation all around. I had no idea that there are a 101 different reasons why kids will puke and apparently it is wrong to get offended if a kid pukes in public. :rolleyes:

There is NOTHING that can be done to prevent a small child (or anyone really) from vomiting in a restaurant. It IS disgusting but there is no prevention, not one single thing that a parent can do to prevent it, if the child is not known to be sick!!!
If someone knows something I don't, or has some type of "vomit reader" please let me know I will pay dearly for it!
:banana:

graciespeaks said:
There is NOTHING that can be done to prevent a small child (or anyone really) from vomiting in a restaurant. It IS disgusting but there is no prevention, not one single thing that a parent can do to prevent it, if the child is not known to be sick!!!
If someone knows something I don't, or has some type of "vomit reader" please let me know I will pay dearly for it!
:banana:

It's not the puke, it's that attitude that some parents take when a childs has a bodily fluid malfunction. While most are mortified and apologize and help to clean up the mess. Then there are the chosen few who feel we should all understand regardless of how disgusting the situation may be. They will let the stuff just sit there and they will act as if it never happened.

I am a frequent traveler to many different places and I have to say that I am appalled at the behavior at what people deem as "normal" and "OK".

Wow--I haven't read all of this one, but Wow. A couple of observations. Sorry if they've been noted already.

Voban is great stuff, but it doesn't dry/deodorize the vomit instantaneously. Five minutes minimum it has to sit. Plus, at R&C around Illuminations time, I doubt someone was standing over it with a stopwatch.

OP, I am sorry that this happened to you. Vomit is gross and of course no one wants to sit near it ever. I wouldn't be too worried about catching an illness from that poor little girl. When my DD8 vomits, it is clear that she is sick. She rarely vomits and when she does, it goes on for hours. (Plus, she only vomits between the hours of 12m and 2am!) Other kids though, are "pukers." My Dsis's kids, if they get a runny nose, the post-nasal drip makes them vomit. Too much excitement--vomit. Cry for a while--vomit, you get the picture. My old neighbor was the same way. Her two girls (both older than DD) were pukers. They vomited, she cleaned up, they went on. I wasn't a mom yet, but I was horrified. Now I get it more. (They did outgrow it.) If the girl at R&C was a puker, I'm sure the thought of leaving never crossed her parents' minds. My Dsis and her kids would be missing out on most of their childhood if they did this!

Hope it didn't ruin your trip!

graciespeaks said:
BUT IF they knew that she was not sick and what the problem was AND corrected it I think it was no point in them leaving UNLESS THE SMELL AND THE VOMIT was going with her. (and we know that it wasn't!)

EXACTLY! I don't think anyone disagrees that vomit is gross, but it happens and getting worked up about it is only going to make you (and possibly others) feel worse about it. I would suggest taking a few deep breaths to calm down, but in this instance another coping strategy might be more appropriate :rotfl:

The vast majority of this thread has nothing to do with WDW dining. This is particularly true for the last several pages. I am closing it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter