We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets. Ch. 10. Added-7/14/14

ok, I have to add , it also seemed just a lot easier to eat somewhere closer to "home" . to just GET closer to "home" before eating. when it's dark and harbor blvd. was actually more of a challenge than I thought it would be, with the curbs, and people behind you and holy cow! there was more people traffic on harbor blvd. than in downtown chicago. .. (and people.. or cars... aren't very patient with those with partial vision.)

That was a fun update, Heather, thanks for posting.
Sadly, the half day we were there in 2009, most of it was under construction, so we didn't get to do much in DCA besides Soarin' and something else we have in Florida anyway. Wait, the kids may have done the coaster, but not me for sure. I am chicken and not afraid to admit it.

Hope you get to finally do Carsland!

Umm. Family board remember. I think it's best we discuss this at home tonight. :rolleyes1

I don't think I can get there tonight.

BTW, yes I read (and very much enjoyed) the last chapter.
Hoping to do a breakdown later tonight.
(Which isn't the reason I won't be at your place tonight.)

Are you sure? You'll be missing out on a good burger.

Take the minus sign off your temp and that's been our temps around here.

I think I'm starting to hate you just a bit.

Seriously, people are starting to snap around here.

Heh. That sounds like a bad joke.

He got so cold that when he tried to bend over he just snapped.

Okay. I did say it was bad.

Try this one, for tastelessness:
How do you make a dog miaow and a cat bark?
(No fair googling)

OK, let me start by saying I really need the humor right now, as we are waiting to get blasted again. So, I googled the answer. I know, I know. Just don't do it.... (Google it, I mean.)

I'm finally here!!! Decided to bring the laptop to bed with me to catch up.
I can't believe you're only on day 2!
I like Vegas (see siggie). Couldn't have gone anyway.
We are planning on Disney next year too. June or later is good for us. I'd like to go when free dining is offered. We like to eat!

Plan…We need a plan…a good plan….a wise plan…any plan at all at this point will do.

'Cause heaven help ya if ya don't gots one.
I hear tell them Chicago folk can get a might ornery if'n you don't gots a plan.

Today’s plan will consist of getting up at a reasonable hour. Now when I say reasonable, I mean something along the lines of 6 - 6:30am. It’s a Monday after all. If we were back home, we would already be headed out the door, and on our way to the meet our train for the commute to work. We got an extra 45 minutes of sleep. That is vacation at its finest folks!

Funny isn't it? Getting up early for work? Pure torture.
Getting up early for Disney? Pure joy.

The park opens at 9am today. We (and by we, I mean T-Man) makes the coffee and we begin the morning ritual.

I am now very familiar with this routine.
It's almost like I was there.

Cute PJ's Bunny boy.

Search through dresser and closet to find something appropriate to wear to the parks.

How crowded are the parks? Perhaps a suit of armor would be appropriate?

Pack our backpacks with water, soda, sunscreen, you know, everything but the kitchen sink, just the essentials one may need for going 2 miles away from the resort.

What. No Sunny D's?

Brain…Shoot…I knew I was forgetting something.

Well, you can't remember everything!
Next time get T-Man to remember the brains.

Lady H goes back for her brain, T-Man closes up the room and we head to the car.

I like how you wrote "goes back for her brain". :laughing:

For some reason, we didn't take a picture of the parking area we parked in. This is weird for us, since we take pictures of EVERYTHING! Especially parking areas, so we can remember how to get back to the car.

Queue foreboding music?

I believe (in other words, I asked T-Man) that we parked in the Woody parking area.

There's a line here.... but it's a family board.

The time now is somewhere in the vicinity of 8:50ish. We have 10 minutes to get to the park, get through security, get to the gates, get our tickets scanned, and meet them.

Oh, you are in so much trouble.
Gotta have a plan... but ya gotta be on time!

I start to panic!

Good thing that button was there!

We hurry up and wait (My favorite catchphrase for any amusement park) at the security checkpoint.

That's true.
Constant running just to get in a line and wait.

But at least you're ahead of that slow schmuck back there!

Who happens to have a GAC so he's actually laughing at you.

As we wait, we “assume the position,” pulling off our backpacks and opening them, ready for security to search them, so we don't hold up the line.

That's not the first position I imagined when you wrote "assume the position".

by now it is past 9am. As we approach the shortest line, I can see Smidgy and Nebo sitting on one of the benches just inside the park...waiting...anxiously waiting…

Oh, you are in so much trouble now!

We are stopped by the camera people, asking to check our tickets, we tell them we have already had our picture taken, but evidentially, they won’t believe us until they see for themselves. Once they have proof on their handheld whatchamacallits, they usher us over to the turnstile, where another CM is waiting to scan our tickets once again.

This is where I start wondering about this whole picture thing. If we have to be scanned by not one but two people just to get into the park, is there really a point in the extra precaution of taking the photo? I mean, I thought the whole point of the picture was to eliminate all the extras?!

That's just.... dumb.
Next thing you know, they'll make us all wear wrist bands that will lose our ADRs and lock us out of our rooms.

We are finally pushed through the turnstile and saunter up to Nebo and Smidgy,

Whoa.
Sometimes the mind plays tricks.

When I first read that, I saw "pushed through the turnstile" which gave me a visual of cattle being led into the slaughterhouse.

So I read that sentence as "pushed through the turnstile and slaughtered"

Now that is not quite the Disney I know! :scared1:

albeit a little cautiously, because we are late, and are afraid of getting a stern talking to.

In my scenario, a 'stern talking to' would be the least of your worries.

Then again... with Nebo doing the talking? Maybe not.

They don’t say anything,

ooooh. The silent treatment.

By this time, most of, if not all the passes were probably already gone.

So it's like TSM at DHS? Is there the 'running of the bulls' too?

As we finally approach the crowd near RSR, we notice the standby time is at 120 minutes.

Already!?!? Wow.

Smidgy offers up the chance to use it, and honestly, we would be fools to say no...

Really? Really? You're going to put that out there?

Nope. Not falling for it.
Too easy.

I know Nebo is a little sketchy on using it, and I don’t want him to feel like we are pouncing on every opportunity, so I let them lead on this. Giving them the opportunity to do what they feel they should do, without outside influence.

Heather: "Well, looks like there's a two hour wait for this ride. It sure would be nice if there was some way... some magical, mysterious way, to bypass this reaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllly long line. Yup. A real shame. What? You want to use your GAC? Well.... okay. If you insist."

I sniff myself discreetly

:lmao: I can't believe you said that!

This gives us some time to meander the park and check out some of the other sites and rides.

I knew a girl named Brooke who liked to meander.
But then she started to live life in the fast lane and it eroded our relationship.
Dam she got stuck up at the end.

Nebo definitely wanted to go on California Screamin’, as well as Mickey’s fun wheel...otherwise known as, MNSFWOD! I will explain to those who have no clue what that means a little later.

:rotfl2: I know! I know!
Although I'm tempted to say Mickey's Not Suitable For Work Over Dose.

But I won't.

Evidentially it is narrated by Colin Mockrie (If you have ever watched an episode of “Who’s Line is it Anyway,” you will recognize him as the almost bald, older guy that does most of the skits with Ryan Stiles) and Rosie O’Donnell.

I always get those two mixed up. Don't know why.

The bread's only ingredients are: unbleached flour, water, salt, and a portion of the mother dough.”

Did anyone else think “Mother ship” when reading mother dough?

No.

Just you.

The only flour tortilla making machine we have at home is me…

You make your own tortillas? :worship:

What? You need a bathroom break? Already? We haven’t even started with beer yet! Fine...but make it quick will ya?

Finally...Geez! Did you have to make the outhouse first?

No. But I did have to shovel my way out to it.
Geez, you southern folk can be so insensitive.

If you remember from our last TR, Paradise Pier is made to resemble...well...a pier…

So it would appear.

You can’t quite hear what is being said, but all of a sudden you hear the entire car scream as it is launched straight up into a tunnel. Nebo’s eyes light up like a little kid on his birthday! I think so does T-Man’s.

As would mine.

I avert my eyes and continue to walk, pretending I didn’t see a thing.

:laughing:

Here is where my brain gets a little fuzzy.

You should've checked it for fuzz after you went back to the room to get it.

If I remember correctly, I started having problems right off the bat with my gun. It wasn’t hitting my intended targets, instead it was going off to the side.

Uh, huh. Right. It's the gun.
Sure.
No, really. I believe you. ;)

T-Man and I were going back and forth on the score. Each set of new games had one of us just above the other.

So what you're saying here (since "your gun was going off to the side") is that T-Man is really, really inept at TSM.

I’m just going to need a minute...Sorry…

*sniff sniff*

Aw. Here's a tissue.
crying-into-tissue.gif

I don’t think i’m over exaggerating when I say that its possible my gun was hitting targets in the game behind me.

"Mommy! Mommy! I got high score! I never get high score! It's like someone else was shooting the targets with me!"

In the end, I’m pretty sure that T-Man won. We tried to take a picture of the scores, but by the time we knew it, we were being shooed off the car and booted back onto the pier.

T-Man won.
Trust me.
If you'd won, you would've remembered.

It's a maxim.

I figured it was early, and playing dumb wife (DW) early is better. It gives me a chance to catch my breath for the next DW move later in the day.

:lmao:

What is with the stairs in Southern California?!?!

It's part of Schwarzenegger's plan to whip Californians into shape.

I’m pretty sure if a chicken wanted to get to the other side...he would not have to cross the road...he would take the stairs!

Q: Why did the chicken take the stairs?

A: To outrun Maria!

Over the shoulder harness + seat belt (reminding you of a child car seat restraint) = OH HECK NO!

At this point, once the restraint is on and I am facing forward, I start to think…”What am I doing? T-Man could have gone with Nebo and I didn’t have to do this. I could have stayed with Smidgy. We could have gone and grabbed a nice drink and relaxed a while...D’Oh!”

D'oh!

I think this video of a couple of guys from an Australian morning show who went on the ride can explain, or in this case, show, what the ride is like, a lot better than I can

That video was hilarious. The one guy got pretty green about half way through!

Looming in the distance was my nemesis. A beautiful wheel, that looked so inviting and yet was so evil!

Dun, dun dun dun....

With all that said...this year, I was not going to be defeated by MNSFWOD, I would not let it get to me. I was not going to be scared anymore.

You go, girl! I'm so proud of you!!!

As we approached the ride, I swallowed hard, took a deep breath in, let it out slowly and...

Smidgy and I gladly left Nebo in T-Man’s capable hands and went and took a seat in one of the benches overlooking the ride and lagoon.

oh

What? I said I wasn’t going to let it get to me...the only way I could do that was to chicken out!

You took some stairs?

Yes, I do regret not going on it...I usually have a strict rule of thumb that I will do all the rides at least once each trip, so I do not have any regrets...however, I still haven’t gotten over my fear on this one.

So... If you'd gone, you might've regretted it?

It’s sort of like the tramway we have here in NM. I love going up in that thing, but since the time I went down at night and had a full on panic attack in the middle of the tram car full of people, I have not been back up in it, and I feel the same will happen with MNSFWOD.

Whoa. That couldn't have been fun.

The whole time Smidgy and I were competing to see who had the craziest scream, while Nebo and T-Man competed for who laughed best at their wives.

:rotfl: I can see that! Great visual! :thumbsup2

We decided at that moment that it was a good time to hit the watering hole...Hey, its 5 o’clock somewhere right?!

When I read this, it was after 5, so that counts.

We were seated into a raft with 3 other people, a gentleman and what I am guessing are his two kids (a boy and a girl).

Nah. Just a kidnapper and his two victims.

Here is Smidgy with the little boy I was talking about.

Great shot. Love the way the little guy is looking at Smidgy.

If you are there with people who go to the parks regularly and you are a newbie...trust me...they will never tell you what you are in for.

You're right! That's true.

Except if there's a loudmouth who feels it's his job to ruin everyone's fun.

As our car decends, the little boy off to Smidgy’s side...No...Not Nebo, the other little boy...starts giggling because he knows what will happen.

We pass the first zig, and are on our way to the zag, probably about a 10 minute wait max to get on the ride...when it breaks down again.

Not again!

Will our fearless crew ever get on the ride? Will they be destined to stand in line forever?

Tune in next time for these answers and more…

I'm going to guess you didn't stand in line forever... unless you're posting your chapters from there.

Thanks for the update Heather! :goodvibes

WOW! THAT SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!! oh, it was tee hee.

It was a ton of fun! Wish you could have been there to see it...Oh...I mean...Wasn't it a blast?! ;)

if I would have to list regrets, my onw ouwld be that I think I gave mike a bad suggestion. I thought we should avoid DCA that one day, ... becuase it was the "official: park of the "gay days" convention.. ( cue from seinfeld: not that there's anything wrong with that)

ok, I had no problem with gay days, but, as with any large group (cheerleaders, christian bands, etc) you want to avoid the park they are going to meet in) .

if I had to do it over , I would spend more time in California Adventure. and that was my call. I thought that first day would be more crowded. nebo and I did a lot of the little fantasy land rides on our first day there, since we thought mike and heather wouldn'
t want to do those, and we would get those "out of the way".
while disney land and magic kingdom are set up a little differently, they are kind of the same.
I think that park is really pretty. when you wal down that one walkway toward carsland, and you see the big wolf on the mountain.. that is really cool!

as with WDW, there is SO much to explore and see, that most frist timers miss. I KNOW there is so much in that park we missed. so many people say DL is the classic . I thought is was ok. didn't help that a whole big section was kinda closed with the closing of big thunder.l but it was OUR fault that we didnt' spend more time at CA.

we tried and tried to get a room at grand caif. but our friends just couldn't get it ofr that many nights. It would have beens so cool to wlak righ tinto the park!

but there was a whole section of Californian adventure we barely saw. (the whole area with monsters inc and tower of terror.) we were there at night, but nebo sees nothing at night, and I see about .. um, not much more.. so we were kinda lost there one night . but during the day t looked like a beautiful park!!!

and I know, a first trip, you won't be able to do the "smell the roses" thing, and experience the nuances, etc ofthe parks... goh darn it!! I REALLY wanted to eat at that restaurant across from POTC ride. not the blue bayou, the other one... we were goingto split a pommes frittes and a monte cristo sandwich. but nebo liked the prices at that restaurant by our motel. Millies and it was bright in there, it's easier to eat when you can see what you're eating.

It's technically not your fault completely we didn't spend more time at DCA...Last I checked T-Man did have the option to change plans, but wanted you and Nebo to have some say in it as well and wanted you to be comfortable in the plans.

As for being able to do everything or see everything...While the parks do not look that big compared to WDW. There are a lot of things that you do tend to skip over or expect to have time to go back to, and it just never happens. This was our second time in as many years, and there are still so many things we haven't had a chance to do or see. Although I do have to say that there were a lot of things we did this trip that we are glad we got a chance to do just to say we got to do it.

There is a place, near that restaurant, during our first trip, when we stood in our spot behind the wall to watch Fantasmic, that I kept seeing people walk by with these bread bowls filled with gumbo and chowder and it looked and smelled so good...but I decided to skip it that first time around and never got a chance to hit it up this time either...One day!!!!

The fact of the matter is...DL/DCA is definitely different than WDW. I know for sure, it's sort of like a guest house in another state...you have all the creature comforts of home, but it's just not home.

ok, I have to add , it also seemed just a lot easier to eat somewhere closer to "home" . to just GET closer to "home" before eating. when it's dark and harbor blvd. was actually more of a challenge than I thought it would be, with the curbs, and people behind you and holy cow! there was more people traffic on harbor blvd. than in downtown chicago. .. (and people.. or cars... aren't very patient with those with partial vision.)

People and/or cars are not patient period around that area. We have come to find that out. I think it's just that everyone tends to want to get back to their rooms all at the same time. Since hotels are a lot closer (meaning walking distance) than in Florida, and they are all lining the street itself, it makes for some crazy times getting back. I give you and Nebo credit for doing it each night.

That was a fun update, Heather, thanks for posting.
Sadly, the half day we were there in 2009, most of it was under construction, so we didn't get to do much in DCA besides Soarin' and something else we have in Florida anyway. Wait, the kids may have done the coaster, but not me for sure. I am chicken and not afraid to admit it.

Hope you get to finally do Carsland!

I'm sad that you weren't able to enjoy it when you were there. Hopefully you get a chance to get back. It really is a fun place to visit.

The next chapter will hopefully come sooner than the last and you will find out that answer.

Obviously it isn't the reason, seeing as you haven't broken the chapter down...Although I thank you for reading along! I know how life can just cut right in and ruin the moment.

Are you sure? You'll be missing out on a good burger.

Burger? Where? I don't remember any burgers?!

Yeah. I don't want to miss out on our -58F were supposed to have tonight.

OMG will this winter ever end???

Take the minus sign off your temp and that's been our temps around here.

OMG is it ever going to start?

I think I'm starting to hate you just a bit.

Seriously, people are starting to snap around here.

Heh. That sounds like a bad joke.

He got so cold that when he tried to bend over he just snapped.

Okay. I did say it was bad.

Try this one, for tastelessness:
How do you make a dog miaow and a cat bark?
(No fair googling)
/
You can't hate the bunnies!!!!! :blush: :love: :hug: :duck:

In all seriousness though, we are in the worst drought I've seen in ages here. It actually rained this weekend, on and off pretty much all afternoon on Saturday, which brought us to a whopping .02 of an inch of moisture for the month of February.

I guess, saying that we will be possibly reaching near 70 at some point this week would only make things worse huh?!

No clue on the dog and cat thing...Although I have seen a cat bark on Youtube...it was quite cute actually.

I'm finally here!!! Decided to bring the laptop to bed with me to catch up.
I can't believe you're only on day 2!
I like Vegas (see siggie). Couldn't have gone anyway.
We are planning on Disney next year too. June or later is good for us. I'd like to go when free dining is offered. We like to eat!

Welcome, welcome welcome! Yeah...life keeps getting in the way and I've been slacking on the updates. Um...I mean...We've been holding off so you didn't have to read forever to catch up...yeah...that's it.

I have family up in Vegas, so we try to make a yearly trip when possible, even if its just for a few days.

'Cause heaven help ya if ya don't gots one.
I hear tell them Chicago folk can get a might ornery if'n you don't gots a plan.

:rotfl: Is it bad that I had to do the accent as I read this in my head? Or worse that as I did the accent in my head, I pictured a one of the Beverly Hillbillies, chewing on a piece of straw as he said it...?

Eeek. This lack of caffeine in the middle of the day is really messing with me I tell ya!

Funny isn't it? Getting up early for work? Pure torture.
Getting up early for Disney? Pure joy.

It's funny the way that works, but you said it perfectly. If you sleep in at Disney, or almost any vacation really, you feel cheated somehow.

I am now very familiar with this routine.
It's almost like I was there.

Cute PJ's Bunny boy.

I never counted myself among the humans until I had my coffee, and would usually be the last one out of bed...but lately I seem to be waking up even before T-Man on the weekends. You know...this getting older thing is for the birds when I'm making the coffee instead of him. :crazy2:

And do you know how hard it was to find footed bunny pajamas in T-Man's size? :snooty:

How crowded are the parks? Perhaps a suit of armor would be appropriate?

I never thought about that...Although I'm sure trying to get that through airport security would be an issue. It would definitely come in handy though.

What. No Sunny D's?

We don't do Sunny D's...We do Simply Lemonades. Those come in later.

Well, you can't remember everything!
Next time get T-Man to remember the brains.

I'll try to remember that.

I like how you wrote "goes back for her brain". :laughing:

Just trying to be a detailed writer and give you a full visual. :p

There's a line here.... but it's a family board.

The mention of this being a family board has come up quite often on this TR and it's only just begun...:rotfl:

Oh, you are in so much trouble.
Gotta have a plan... but ya gotta be on time!

Trust me...I know...There is more about this time thing later.

Good thing that button was there!

I always carry a panic button...You never know when you'll need it.

That's true.
Constant running just to get in a line and wait.

The story of my life...And then people wonder why i'm either extremely early or extremely late at times. Darned if you do. Darned if you don't.

That's not the first position I imagined when you wrote "assume the position".

:blush:

Oh, you are in so much trouble now!

You have no idea...

That's just.... dumb.
Next thing you know, they'll make us all wear wrist bands that will lose our ADRs and lock us out of our rooms.

Shhhh...Don't give them any ideas!

Whoa.
Sometimes the mind plays tricks.

When I first read that, I saw "pushed through the turnstile" which gave me a visual of cattle being led into the slaughterhouse.

So I read that sentence as "pushed through the turnstile and slaughtered"

Now that is not quite the Disney I know! :scared1:

:lmao: That is a side of Disney I hope to never see.

In my scenario, a 'stern talking to' would be the least of your worries.

Then again... with Nebo doing the talking? Maybe not.

When I was growing up, if you were told, "wait till your father/mother get home, you almost hoped for a belting, because if you got the "Sit down, we need to talk" it was so much worse. At least the sting of the belt would go away after a while. The sting of guilt, never did.

So it's like TSM at DHS? Is there the 'running of the bulls' too?

Pretty much. The lines for these FP's are crazy. We talk more about that on our last day...

As for the 'running of the bulls'...pretty much. And it's worse here, because there are only so many places you can move to get out of the way of the charge.

Already!?!? Wow.

I'm hoping someday the lines will get down to a 45 minute wait. That will be an improvement. Every time we have been there, the wait time has always been crazy high.

Really? Really? You're going to put that out there?

Nope. Not falling for it.
Too easy.

You had your chance...

Heather: "Well, looks like there's a two hour wait for this ride. It sure would be nice if there was some way... some magical, mysterious way, to bypass this reaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllly long line. Yup. A real shame. What? You want to use your GAC? Well.... okay. If you insist."

:rotfl: Something like that...

Although in all honesty, I almost felt like I should have just stood in line. I knew how much Nebo really didn't want to use it and I sometimes felt like maybe he thought we were taking advantage of it or him...which was not the case at all. I would have been happy to stand in line. It's a difficult line to cross when you don't want to seem too excited about the fact that they are willing to count you as family to use it, because it makes you look insensitive to the situation, yet you don't want to seem upset at the idea of using it, because them you seem ungrateful...So i just stood off to the side and went along like I always do...:upsidedow

:lmao: I can't believe you said that!

You should know me better by now!

I knew a girl named Brooke who liked to meander.
But then she started to live life in the fast lane and it eroded our relationship.
Dam she got stuck up at the end.

:rotfl2: I know! I know!
Although I'm tempted to say Mickey's Not Suitable For Work Over Dose.

But I won't.

Glad you thought better of it and held back...;) :duck:

I always get those two mixed up. Don't know why.

Who? Colin Mockerie and Rosie O? or Colin and Ryan? :rotfl:

No.

Just you.

Typical.

You make your own tortillas? :worship:

When I have the time, yup! Made a couple of batches for T-Man when he went camping last November. They aren't hard to make, just a little time consuming. Plus it's sort of a right of passage to learn how to make tortillas from your mother, who learned from her mother, and so on and so on in our family.

No. But I did have to shovel my way out to it.
Geez, you southern folk can be so insensitive.

Can't be sensitive to something we know nothing about...:snooty:

As would mine.

Remind me, if we ever do meet, to hand T-Man off to you and I won't have to worry about being a DW...

You should've checked it for fuzz after you went back to the room to get it.

Didn't think about doing that...

Uh, huh. Right. It's the gun.
Sure.
No, really. I believe you. ;)

It was...I swear...

Doesn't everyone know the excuse..."It's not me, its you!" Oh wait...it's supposed to be the other way around isn't it...D'Oh! No wonder I was single most of my life up until T-Man!

So what you're saying here (since "your gun was going off to the side") is that T-Man is really, really inept at TSM.

I didn't say that...I...Um...Prac...I'm sleeping in the spare room tonight aren't I?

"Mommy! Mommy! I got high score! I never get high score! It's like someone else was shooting the targets with me!"

:lmao: It could happen!

T-Man won.
Trust me.
If you'd won, you would've remembered.

It's a maxim.

Good point. Plus I probably would have been rubbing it in his face. I know I don't remember doing that, so I definitely lost.

It's part of Schwarzenegger's plan to whip Californians into shape.

Makes sense...Crazy people!

Q: Why did the chicken take the stairs?

A: To outrun Maria!

That video was hilarious. The one guy got pretty green about half way through!

I know. That is the perfect depiction of me on most rides.

You go, girl! I'm so proud of you!!!

oh

Yeah...Not so proud anymore huh...:rotfl:

So... If you'd gone, you might've regretted it?

Probably...Darned if I do...

Whoa. That couldn't have been fun.

For me? or for the 20 other people in the tram who had to hear me scream and then freak out for the entire ride? Or T-Man who had to hold me and comfort me the entire way down as I freaked?

When I read this, it was after 5, so that counts.

Works for me.

Great shot. Love the way the little guy is looking at Smidgy.

I loved this picture too. She has a great way with kids.

Not again!

Just our luck.

I'm going to guess you didn't stand in line forever... unless you're posting your chapters from there.

Thanks for the update Heather! :goodvibes

I guess you will find out in the next chapter...although I'm pretty sure I would have been fired if I was still waiting there.

Thanks for reading and breaking it down! Always fun to read your comments!

The sky is falling, The sky is falling!!! There is water falling from the heavens. We are all doomed!

What's that you say? It's just rain? We will live? Oh...we haven't seen it in so long I couldn't remember what it looked or sounded like.

Never mind the panic then. Nothing to see here. Carry on.

:rotfl: Is it bad that I had to do the accent as I read this in my head? Or worse that as I did the accent in my head, I pictured a one of the Beverly Hillbillies, chewing on a piece of straw as he said it...?

The Beverly Hillbillies was pretty much exactly what I was going for,

And do you know how hard it was to find footed bunny pajamas in T-Man's size? :snooty:

No. Do tell.

The mention of this being a family board has come up quite often on this TR and it's only just begun...:rotfl:

It's all on you, Lady H.

Although in all honesty, I almost felt like I should have just stood in line. I knew how much Nebo really didn't want to use it and I sometimes felt like maybe he thought we were taking advantage of it or him...which was not the case at all. I would have been happy to stand in line. It's a difficult line to cross when you don't want to seem too excited about the fact that they are willing to count you as family to use it, because it makes you look insensitive to the situation, yet you don't want to seem upset at the idea of using it, because them you seem ungrateful...So i just stood off to the side and went along like I always do...:upsidedow

It's funny just how much work trying to not be a pain actually is.

You should know me better by now!

Still caught me by surprise.

Remind me, if we ever do meet, to hand T-Man off to you and I won't have to worry about being a DW...

Deal.

I didn't say that...I...Um...Prac...I'm sleeping in the spare room tonight aren't I?

Did you?

For me? or for the 20 other people in the tram who had to hear me scream and then freak out for the entire ride? Or T-Man who had to hold me and comfort me the entire way down as I freaked?

I was trying to be diplomatic.
But it's possible that the thought of being one of those 20 people did cross my mind. :rolleyes1:

The sky is falling, The sky is falling!!! There is water falling from the heavens. We are all doomed!

What's that you say? It's just rain? We will live? Oh...we haven't seen it in so long I couldn't remember what it looked or sounded like.

Never mind the panic then. Nothing to see here. Carry on.

Water? Actual liquid water??? Not frozen in any way at all????

You'll drown!!!!!

OMG I am soooo excited I found this trip report. I'm taking my first trip to DL in august, and haven't been on the disboards in a while, so figured I'd peruse some trip reports, you know, skim the report and look at the pictures mostly, and pick this one. I thought hmmm Thumperman and Mrs Thumper Man sound familiar, I must have seen them before, and then I start to scroll down and practically jumped out of my chair when I saw Smidgy and Nebo!!

I loved their WDW reports!! You guys look great, Nebo and Smidgy!

But now I'm going to have to skimp on the housework and actually read along! I'm sure there will be lots of exciting escapades!!!

Yay!!!

OMG I am soooo excited I found this trip report. I'm taking my first trip to DL in august, and haven't been on the disboards in a while, so figured I'd peruse some trip reports, you know, skim the report and look at the pictures mostly, and pick this one. I thought hmmm Thumperman and Mrs Thumper Man sound familiar, I must have seen them before, and then I start to scroll down and practically jumped out of my chair when I saw Smidgy and Nebo!!

But now I'm going to have to skimp on the housework and actually read along! I'm sure there will be lots of exciting escapades!!!

Yay!!!

OMG. I don't know whether to feel excited myself you're here; or have to wonder if you're just here because Nebo and Smidgy are part of this report. I remember seeing you in their report.

Would you still be here if Nebo and Smidgy weren't part of this report? This may be the start of something though. Hey Lady H, I think we need to include Nebo and Smidgy into our reports, whether they went with us or not. I'm sure we can find a way to work them in. This will bring us more readers.

Well we're glad you're here, even if you are here for Nebo and Smidgy. :rolleyes: I'm sure one or both will be along soon to say hi as well.

Seriously, we are glad you are here. :grouphug:

Lady H and I had a prior DL TR before this one. That trip took place in August, the time of year you're going. The link is in my signature if you're interested in reading that one. We have lots of pictures posted and links to photos. Spoiler alert, Nebo and Smidgy are not part of that TR.

Thanks for joining in.

Yay!!!

hey!! it's you!!!!!!:dance3: long time no see! great to see you. you will love the thumpers' reports!!!!

and thanks for the compliment!

OMG. I don't know whether to feel excited myself you're here; or have to wonder if you're just here because Nebo and Smidgy are part of this report. I remember seeing you in their report.

Would you still be here if Nebo and Smidgy weren't part of this report? This may be the start of something though. Hey Lady H, I think we need to include Nebo and Smidgy into our reports, whether they went with us or not. I'm sure we can find a way to work them in. This will bring us more readers.

Well we're glad you're here, even if you are here for Nebo and Smidgy. :rolleyes: I'm sure one or both will be along soon to say hi as well.

Seriously, we are glad you are here. :grouphug:

Lady H and I had a prior DL TR before this one. That trip took place in August, the time of year you're going. The link is in my signature if you're interested in reading that one. We have lots of pictures posted and links to photos. Spoiler alert, Nebo and Smidgy are not part of that TR.

Thanks for joining in.

LOL, it's nice be here! It was your inviting title that got me to even look at the trip report after all, and even if Nebo and Smidgy hadn't been in the first post, I may have been won over with the Coronitas or your sweet description of how lucky you are to be in DL with Lady H while you were watching the fireworks.

I will definitely check out your August trip report! :banana::banana::banana:

Why haven't I been on the dis lately? I've missed those dancing bananas!!

I haven't caught up yet, so no pressure to get another chapter up, just take your time. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter