We invite you, if you dare ……… Summer plans 08/04 Day 25

dizneeat

DIS Veteran
.... to step aboard because in this trip report we’ll start planning fun, food and extras for three trips in 2013!

WELCOME ABOARD trip planning for our 2013 trips:

February 17 – 23 WDW, DCL
April 28 – May 1, DLRP
Aug 7 – Sept 7, WDW, DCL

So, here are the players ………

First off, there is Tom,

IMG_6914.jpg

my brother and travel partner. We both are unmarried and share a love for travelling and all things Disney. Tom is a computer whizz, even though his day job is being a mailman for the Austrian postal office. He lives in a house with his/our cat TinkerBell,

DSC_0561.jpg

Pixie for short, who has a spirit just like her name sake.

And then there is me,

31.jpg

Karin, trip report writer and Disney lover. I work as a teacher, teaching 10 to 14 year olds. We both grew up with Disney cartoons, but really fell in love with it when we walked onto the Main Square and laid our eyes on the castle in Disneyland for the first time.
We fell in love with the park and the sights and sounds of it, so much that after 4 park days we changed our travel route to squeeze in two more days. That was in 1992.
For years we went to Disneyland

cadl01.jpg

and Disneyland Paris,

1207.jpg

until we decided to go to the East Coast for a change. Needless to say that we fell in love with all the parks

xmas1.jpg

and the size of the resort was just amazing.

We both love the water, but were never drawn to cruising. To me it seemed like we would be locked up on a ship with nowhere to go, but the Wonder and Magic were still peeking my interest. So for my milestone birthday we decided to finally go on a cruise. Luck would have it that a group of people from another board I frequented at that time planned a 4 night cruise on the Disney Wonder and the dates fit perfectly into our schedule. So we sailed with them.

IMG_6822-1.jpg

Since this was a once in a lifetime event we went all out, deck 7, veranda, Palo brunch and dinner, Fish Extender, you name it, we signed up for it.
Still not sure we would like it we set sail on the Disney Wonder in August of 2009. And here is the important question ….. did we like it?
Well, let’s put it that way, by day 2 we were rebooked.

We are taking our 10th cruise in 45 days.

And here is where the planning begins.

Trip no 1:
Half term 2013 …. Feb 16 – 23
We’re booked for one night at Pop after a long flight that will arrive shortly before 7pm.
Then, we will set sail on the Disney DREAM for four nights, revisiting Nassau and Castaway Cay.
After that we will return to WDW for two more nights at BLT and hopefully a Dismeet or two.

Trip no 2:
DLRP in late spring – April 27 – May 1
We are booked at Citea again and getting new APs. Hoping for a less crowded time at the parks.

Trip no 3:
Summer 2013 …. Aug 7 – Sept 7
Not so much set in stone yet, but we have a few things down.
We’ll arrive on Aug 7, after another long and tiring flight and will check into a studio, not sure yet where.
On Aug 10 we will board the Disney FANTASY for a back to back, Eastern and Western Caribbean cruise. During the first cruise our friends Teresa and Mick will sail with us.
We’ll leave the Disney FANTASY on August 24 and check into a one bedroom, not surewhere yet either, just to check out again on Aug 28 and head to Key Largo for one night. The next three nights we will stay at Key West at the Southernmost at the Beach before we head back to WDW after a one night stay at Pompano Beach.
We hope to spend the last 5 nights at a 1 bedroom at OKW before we have to head back home to Austria.

So, now that you know the when, the who and the what’s it all about

……. do you dare to step aboard?​

I always read your reports but do not post often. Looking forward to hearing about your next set of trips.

I'm in Karin! Can't wait for another epic report.

Jill in CO

You have quite the agenda coming up in 2013. Back to back cruises - NICE!

Looking forward to reading about your Dream cruise as I am doing one in October!

That cat is beautiful!

I always read your reports but do not post often. Looking forward to hearing about your next set of trips.

:welcome:
No problem if you don't post often - just good to know that you are along for the ride(s). :thumbsup2

I'm in Karin! Can't wait for another epic report.

Jill in CO

Yay, Jill, so happy to have you here too! :woohoo:

Woop, first page!! Looking forward to another report Karin!

Wow! Some of you are really fast in getting here! You easily made first page! Guess there is a lot of planning to do and I can use some serious help. :thumbsup2

You have quite the agenda coming up in 2013. Back to back cruises - NICE!

Looking forward to reading about your Dream cruise as I am doing one in October!

That cat is beautiful!

I LIVE for my Disney vacations, Mary Ellen! If I don't have anything to plan I am going nuts. :rotfl2:
I am so looking forward to our back to back cruises this summer - 14 nights on board the Fantasy - our longest time ever on a Disney ship. We are so excited.

You are going to love the DREAM. Such a beautiful ship and so much to do. We spent 9 days on board last year - and they had to drag me off kicking and screaming. ;) :lmao:

:hug: Thanks for the kind words about Pixie! We love her so much. She's our baby and very spoiled. :rotfl:

Yay!!! A pre-trip report for 2013! Can't wait to hear all of your plans. :hug:

Yay!!! A pre-trip report for 2013! Can't wait to hear all of your plans. :hug:

:welcome: Teresa and Mick .... and belated ..... Happy New Year!

Hope you'll chime in lots as you are going to be a huge part of one of our trips! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Hi Karin! :hug: I am ready to hear all the plans! :goodvibes Thanks for the link! :yay:

Now that's what I call a back to back! Eastern and Western! And you will be PLATINUM after this cruise! :thumbsup2

Fun fun fun fun stuff as always and oh, your "shared" kitty is adorable, I don't think I've seen pics before.

I'm along for the ride (s)

I just finished reading and thoroughly enjoying all of your previous trip report... felt like I needed to jump on this ride and say HI! Look forward to seeing all your planning for the year ahead! Maybe I will learn something!!

Lori

I'm joining in :wave2:... can't wait to read about all the plans for what sounds like a great year!!

Thanks for the link Karin! Can't wait to see what is in store for your plans this year!

And Happy New Year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter