We just discovered that we are not a "mod" family

POFQ was much smaller than ASMusic and Pop in my opinion. WAY less walking to/from the buses, food court, and pool. It was awesome!

I've stayed at both POFQ and ASMusic, and thought about saying the same. While we really enjoyed ASMusic, it seemed bigger than POFQ. We were in a good location though, so the size of the resort didn't negatively affect us. There doesn't really seem to be a FAR building at POFQ.

I think I agree with several of the previous posters -- CBR is nice, but its not my favorite. Before you give up on the Mods category, I definitely agree that you should try POR or POFQ sometime.

I totally understand. My family stayed at a moderate for the first time last fall and decided it wasn't for us. It wasn't that we didn't like the resort. We thought CBR was gorgeous. We loved the room and both of the pools we used(main and quiet). We liked the queen size beds. What we didn't like was how far it was to everything. Though my kids loved the pool slides, even that couldn't change their minds that they would rather go to the smaller value resorts. We can get 2 rooms for the cost of a moderate which works for my budget and for our need for a bit more space with the size of my kids. I'm thinking another stay at Pop will be in the works for the next trip.

Also, as the kids get older naps become less of a priority. I noticed a lot of people who complain about the values are the ones who use it for naps/pool time during the day. As long as you're out from 8am-12pm and use it just as a place to sleep, then you'll find the values good enough.

You may enjoy POFQ if compact is what you prefer. CBR happens to be one of my absolute favorite resorts and part of that is because it's so spread out. You rarely see many people outside of the food courts, pool and bus stop and even at the stops, because there are several, it's never as crowded as the values. I love that quiet secluded feel. The resort is a vacation in and off itself and for us, a wonderful break from the hustle and bustle of the parks.

Completely agree. Well, not with CBR, but for me it's POR. Love being able to walk around and explore and enjoy. Enjoy the peaceful walk in the morning for coffee to take it all in. For those who don't like walking around, POFQ is more for them. I think it's great that there are the different choices depending on which camp your in.

We have stayed at CSR, POR, and POFQ over the years. The only one we enjoyed was POFQ because of its small size.
To me, the price that you pay to 'upgrade' to a mod is not worth it. We will be staying at Pop in two rooms this summer and won't be paying much more than one room at a moderate. Why have one room when I can have two and not have to deal with grumpy teenagers early in the morning?

So if I'm going to spend more money on rooms, I bite the bullet and go deluxe. You get more return for your investment at deluxes in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter