We rode Rise of the Resistance on Walt's Birthday on our first Mother/Daughter Trip! December 2019! Updated September 19th!

We were there the same time and rode on the third day it opened before all the protocols went in place. I also love pictures of Disney at Christmas.

It seems like so long ago now, doesn't it? They got a lot more organized in the weeks after we went!

Thanks for reading!

Well, hello! Boy do I wish you had a trip in your back pocket to write about. I miss reading Pkondz's trip reports...and your games even though I suck at them!
I do have a small trip (2 days... and not Disney) that I could write about, but...
Isn't it terrible I don't remember? And have zero pictures of it. What a horrible trip report writer I was in 1989!
Nope. I was there in '78 and have no idea where we stayed. Florida. That's about as close as I can narrow it down.
True! I'd gladly wait another two hours to ride it now :sad:
:hug:
Nothing official, but you'll have to join us for the next one!
:) Thanks for the offer.

Let's head back to December and get this trip report going:

DECEMBER 4, 2019
ALLIE'S ARRIVAL

Allie got on a 6:30 am flight that was scheduled to arrive at 9:30 am.
After she decided to come down, her dad ended up booking a trip to visit some friends in Winter Garden so she didn't have to fly alone.

I was anxious to see her and get started so I ended up heading over to All Star Movies around 9:30 to check-in and store my luggage with Bell Services. Her flight landed on time, but it took a bit for them to get their luggage and car rental, so I had lots of time to poke around the resort and have some breakfast.

Yum, right??

While I was waiting, I screen shotted our Fast Passes for the day...

When I added Allie into my Fastpasses, there were a couple that they couldn't add her into. NRJ was one of them.
The CM I spoke with on the phone was super nice and told us to head to Guest Services at the park and see if they could add her in.
We ended up not doing that, but when the time came for our FP,
we just asked the CM at the ride and she was allowed on.
I figured they would allow her, and even if they didn't,
I wouldn't mind missing NRJ anyway.

Allie finally arrived around 11.
We stowed her things quickly with Bell Services and made a mad dash for the bus to AK.
I actually started to use Uber on this trip,
but not this day, though we probably should have.

We were already in our first FP window and we had to pick-up Allie's AP
so we wasted no time with pictures and instead hurried into the park.
But we had to stop quickly when we saw Kevin :love:

and by "stop," I mean stalk, and grab a quick pic!

No time to stop for PP pictures, but I made Allie stop in front of the Tree of Life...

And then we headed back to EE...

Some of you might have noticed I was wearing my birthday button ::yes::
My actual birthday wasn't for another five
days, but we weren't going to be there for it so I figured, close enough!

We got done with EE around 1, and had plenty of time before our NRJ FP.
Looking at the app, the wait time for FoP wasn't terrible, I think it was about 60 minutes. Since we had no other real plans and we both really wanted to ride it,
we headed over to Pandora to wait stand-by.

That's next!

After she decided to come down, her dad ended up booking a trip to visit some friends in Winter Garden so she didn't have to fly alone.
That worked out well. :)
I like the refillable mug!
Yum, right??
Um... well, I do like hard boiled eggs, but... a bit... scarce.
when the time came for our FP,
we just asked the CM at the ride and she was allowed on.
::yes:: I've heard of this several times now and haven't yet heard of a CM saying "No".
But we had to stop quickly when we saw Kevin :love:
Of course! She's a show-stopper alright!
::yes::
But don't ask me where you draw the line. A few days away? Definitely. Same month? Sure! Six months away... nope.
Looking at the app, the wait time for FoP wasn't terrible, I think it was about 60 minutes. Since we had no other real plans and we both really wanted to ride it,
we headed over to Pandora to wait stand-by.
For that ride? That's practically a walk on.

What a great start! Honestly, if you ever have one person missing on an FP reservation, just let them know at the FP line at the ride and usually they almost always let you through. Unless you are adding a whole group, they are fine with it. No need to have to deal with GR (and as someone who dealt with GR a lot as a frontline CM... better to go to those who actually work at the attraction).

Love that on-ride photo on Everest! Looks like you were both having a blast. Also, no shame at all wearing that birthday button. We've all done it.

I made it over here finally! We were there basically the same time! Hopefully, I will get to that trip report at some point! Until then, I will read all about yours!

don't we all just love writing about our trips and reading about other's trips??
Of course!!!!

I found these boards when I was planning our first "real trip," which happened in May 2006.
Just for fun, I may include some of those throwback pics in here
because I love seeing people's old pics in their reports
and since I didn't actually write my first trip report until 2015,
I started a whole throw back trip report! So, I totally agree!

(Gotta love the color-blocked shorts of the 80s!)
This is amazing!

Speaking of Hawaii, Allie and I are planning her senior trip for next summer
and are planning on doing a Disneyland/Hollywood/Aulani trip!
That will be a good time! We have been talking about doing Hawaii / Disneyland for Andy's 50th...

Riding Rise of the Resistance on opening day!!
So did we!!!! It was a crazy crazy day!

close enough. days away is aceptible in my book. months is pushing it...

Hi, Kelly! Although it's too bad you had to miss out on several of your trips this year, I'm excited we get to hear about this one! A mother-daughter trip sounds like great fun! It looks like you packed a TON of fun into a short trip.

Wow, they make holiday themed refillable mugs? Fun!

You both look so happy to be on Everest. It's such a fantastic ride. :goodvibes

I'm here!! Fingers crossed for your upcoming trips! We have 3 scheduled for late Aug, Sept and Nov. I can't reschedule since those points have to be used up too. It's crazy!
Our Aulani stay for May was cancelled this year. I hope to be able to go next year instead!

ven though it was a short trip, we crammed in all four parks, plus Disney Springs!
It was exhausting but so much fun!

Some of the highlights include:

Riding Rise of the Resistance on opening day!!

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Tony's Most Merriest Town Square Party, during the Christmas Party

Visiting all of the monorail resorts to see their Christmas decorations

And so much more!

As usual, I took a million pictures and will be sharing them here!

I'd love to have y'all join in for some of our Christmas fun and for some future trip planning!
Joining in! So looking forward to reading all about your adventures!
And then of course, we plan to be there for the 50th…possibly September 30th-October 7th?? I'm hoping that since so many of us will want to be here for this, we can have another EPIC trip like we did last May!
I am planning on being there for sure! We need an EPIC 2.0!
And finally, I would also love to be there for my birthday next year so Mike and I will hopefully go sometime in early December 2021. He's also never been for Christmas and I think he would love it!
Bill and I are hoping for a Christmas '21 trip too. After no Disney in 2020, I will be making up for it next year!
Of course you should wear it!

Kelly!!! I had no idea about this trip but you are sure off to a great start. We stayed at ASMo for a night in March and really liked it.
Fingers crossed your other trips work out.
We are keeping our July trip with very low expectations...

SO fun!!!! I love traveling with my Mom, so these are some of my favorite kinds of TRs to read!

I enjoyed the couple throwback pics you started with! I hope you decide to throw more of those in along the way :)

So glad you started this report! Looking forward to following along and getting my Disney fix!

I am envious of your upcoming planned trips! I had been hoping to take a long weekend to Flower and Garden this past April as my last "no kids" trip before our first baby arrives in September but stinking COVID. (Also ended up with a cancelled Rome trip.) So now I'm trying to decide whether I try Disney with a 9mo old next May/June, a 1yo next October, or just hold off indefinitely!

I like the refillable mug!

I'm a sucker for those things, but I do think I get my use out of them since I have coffee in the morning and tea at night. Plus, it's cute ::yes::

Um... well, I do like hard boiled eggs, but... a bit... scarce.

:laughing:

I should always post a warning to the foodies around here that this is not a dining report!

But don't ask me where you draw the line. A few days away? Definitely. Same month? Sure! Six months away... nope.

I agree. I think it's okay if your birthday is in the month you travel, so technically I could wear that button all December…but I probably wouldn't. I think I would wear it leading up to my birthday but not after :thumbsup2

What a great start! Honestly, if you ever have one person missing on an FP reservation, just let them know at the FP line at the ride and usually they almost always let you through. Unless you are adding a whole group, they are fine with it. No need to have to deal with GR (and as someone who dealt with GR a lot as a frontline CM... better to go to those who actually work at the attraction).

Good to know! I figured it was better not to confuse things by getting more people involved :P

Love that on-ride photo on Everest! Looks like you were both having a blast.

I wish I was there right now!

And by the way, I am so behind on all my trip report reading. Yours is currently the one I am trying to catch up on but I've been working a lot and then on my one day off I was trying to figure out all this park reservation craziness! I am way back at your HHN posts and loving all of it! I'll catch up soon!

Hi everyone!

I know I have some more responses to get back to, I just wanted to post a quick update before I have to leave for work!

I have some sad news, but also some good news for our October trip.

The sad news is that my mom has decided not to join us. I wasn't surprised at all with so much uncertainty about how things will be in October, but we have been planning this for a year so it really does make me sad.

But she and my niece will be joining us next April at BLT, and things will hopefully be much better by then. I have to stay optimistic here ::yes::

The good news is that now for our October trip, I originally had three nights in a 1-bedroom at CCV but I was able to change that to six nights in a CCV deluxe studio. We had enough points to cover all of this and we have to use them or lose them by November 30, 2020. I am kind of sad to not be staying at POFQ, but A- it's not even currently on the list to reopen, and B- I won't have to shell out extra money for this since we have DVC points.

Additionally, Mike has decided to come with us and already has an unactivated AP that he was supposed to use for our March and then July trips. Allie and I already had APs so we are set up pretty well to make our park reservations today…at 7 am…right during change of shift. Literally the worst time of day for a nurse for anything other than taking report and trying to get the night shift nurse out on time. I'm hoping I have the same assignment back that I had all last week and then report should be really quick and I can try to hop on and make PRs (is that how we are abbreviating it??).

When Allie found out Grammy wasn't coming with us she asked if her friend can come. I said of course she can come if we can get her tickets and on our PRs, but since tickets won't be on sale until "later this summer," I'm not too hopeful about that.

Anyway, our plans for October should be:

October 6th - EPCOT. We land around 9:30 am and EPCOT doesn't open until 11am so it just makes more sense, even though Allie originally wanted to go to Via Napoli on her actual birthday which is the 7th. With the way this is and no hopping, this just makes more sense now.

October 7th- MK. This is Allie's actually birthday...not a terrible way to spend it :-)

October 8th- DHS

October 9th- AK

October 10th- DHS again…hoping to get on RotR and with no boarding groups, this should be interesting!

October 11th- EPCOT

October 12th- MK…our traditional last day park :lovestruc

Sorry this is so short, I'm off to work! Good luck to any of you trying to get PRs today!

And by the way, I am so behind on all my trip report reading. Yours is currently the one I am trying to catch up on but I've been working a lot and then on my one day off I was trying to figure out all this park reservation craziness! I am way back at your HHN posts and loving all of it! I'll catch up soon!

I knew I saw you skimming through. Don't feel you have to rush through it. It's a monster of a TR and I was already unbelievably behind so I'm just trying to make up for lost time with the endless free time I personally have and get it done before I return to Orlando because then... who knows if I'll be able to finish it. I'm glad you're enjoying it and honestly you're at the best spot to be able to go back and read. HHN was the happiest of times during my DCP. :goodvibes

I'm glad to hear everything is underway for your October trip. It's too bad about your mom, but I understand why she'd want to avoid. Hopefully by then we'll have a vaccine and Disney might be able to scale back a little on the social distancing procedures as well as park reservations. But you've got to prepare for the worst, hope for the best :thumbsup2

I'm a sucker for those things, but I do think I get my use out of them since I have coffee in the morning and tea at night. Plus, it's cute ::yes::
:thumbsup2
I tend to buy them if I need them. But when I get them home, they collect dust until I toss them out eventually.
Sacrilege, I know.
I should always post a warning to the foodies around here that this is not a dining report!
:laughing:
I agree. I think it's okay if your birthday is in the month you travel, so technically I could wear that button all December…but I probably wouldn't. I think I would wear it leading up to my birthday but not after :thumbsup2
Hmmm... I think after would be okay too. Why wouldn't you?
The sad news is that my mom has decided not to join us. I wasn't surprised at all with so much uncertainty about how things will be in October, but we have been planning this for a year so it really does make me sad.
Oh, that's too bad. But completely understandable.
But she and my niece will be joining us next April at BLT, and things will hopefully be much better by then. I have to stay optimistic here ::yes::
::yes::
Additionally, Mike has decided to come with us
Nice! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter