We rode Rise of the Resistance on Walt's Birthday on our first Mother/Daughter Trip! December 2019! Updated September 19th!

I'm here!! Fingers crossed for your upcoming trips! We have 3 scheduled for late Aug, Sept and Nov. I can't reschedule since those points have to be used up too. It's crazy!
Our Aulani stay for May was cancelled this year. I hope to be able to go next year instead!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for yours too! With three trips planned, the odds should be good for at least one of them to happen!

Maybe we'll see you in Aulani in July!

Kelly!!! I had no idea about this trip but you are sure off to a great start.

Hi, Jenny! :hug:

It was a very short trip! that's why I wasn't even going to write about it, but well, with nothing else to write about...

We stayed at ASMo for a night in March and really liked it.

Ehhhh… :rotfl2:

Fingers crossed your other trips work out.

🙏🙏🙏

We are keeping our July trip with very low expectations...

When do you leave? I'll be rooting for you guys!

SO fun!!!! I love traveling with my Mom, so these are some of my favorite kinds of TRs to read!

I enjoyed the couple throwback pics you started with! I hope you decide to throw more of those in along the way :)

Hi, Jackie!!

I'll definitely throw in some more throw back pics!

So glad you started this report! Looking forward to following along and getting my Disney fix!

Thanks for reading!!

I am envious of your upcoming planned trips! I had been hoping to take a long weekend to Flower and Garden this past April as my last "no kids" trip before our first baby arrives in September but stinking COVID. (Also ended up with a cancelled Rome trip.) So now I'm trying to decide whether I try Disney with a 9mo old next May/June, a 1yo next October, or just hold off indefinitely!

I was bummed about missing F & G too. That would have been Mike's first time seeing it. But hopefully with this hybrid festival this fall, he'll get to experience some of it in October.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! My son was born in September and it was rough getting through the summer hugely pregnant. I hope you're resting and staying hydrated. It's about all I could do that summer…that, and a daily trip to Dairy Queen for ice cream ::yes::

There's not much difference between a 9-month old and 1 year old so just pick what works best, though the 50th is next October 1st, so I think it'll be way more crowded then.

October and April Park Reservations Update!

Hello, everyone!

I think I've caught up on all your comments!

Soooo…back to where I left off on the morning on June 22nd. Wasn't that such a fun day for all of us planners? :rotfl2:

I won't go into the ghastly details of my morning…mostly because I don't want to re-live it, but also because I think you all have your own ghastly details of trying to make park reservations that day.

Suffice to say, I was successful in making the park reservations for exactly what we wanted in October:

(Cut and pasted from my previous post since I don't expect y'all to remember )

October 6th - EPCOT. We land around 9:30 am and EPCOT doesn't open until 11am so it just makes more sense, even though Allie originally wanted to go to Via Napoli on her actual birthday which is the 7th. With the way this is and no hopping, this just makes more sense now.

October 7th- MK. This is Allie's actually birthday...not a terrible way to spend it :-)

October 8th- DHS

October 9th- AK

October 10th- DHS again…hoping to get on RotR and with no boarding groups, this should be interesting!

October 11th- EPCOT

October 12th- MK…our traditional last day park

Once I got through online, the whole process of making the PRs was pretty simple…and it only took me three hours to do it :sad2:

Our April 11-18, 2021 trip is another story.

What a mess.

Mike and I have APs good through that trip.

Allie's AP expires 3/31/21 at the moment. With the new 1 month extension, it should get her through the month of April and cover that trip, but what I'm hearing is they aren't adding that 1 month extension until October :confused3

Nicholas and Kaleb both have 9-day PH passes they were supposed to use for our cancelled July 2020 trip.

My mom and niece have no tickets and no way to purchase them at the moment.

I ended up reassigning Nicholas' ticket to Allie for the time being and when her AP gets extended in October I'll transfer it back to him. He's on the reservation but I really doubt he'll come, or if he does it'll only be for a couple days. If I'm going to take a chance on someone not getting a PR, it's going to be him because of all that uncertainty.

Now I'm waiting for WDW to start selling tickets for 2021. I'm actually really miffed that they've started selling resort packages with tickets for 2021 but DVC members with stays already booked are not allowed to purchase tickets yet. The DVC CM I spoke with on the phone (after 2 hours on hold) reassured me that I will be able to purchase tickets on Sunday June 28th. We shall see. I won't hold my breath, but if they do then I will buy all of our tickets and make our April PRs on Sunday. I'm really trying not to panic yet since April is still nine months from now.

I hope all of you had luck and got all the PRs you needed!

DECEMBER 4, 2019
FLIGHT OF PASSAGE

I'm going by the time stamps on my pictures,
but our wait for FOP was almost exactly an hour...

Before, at 1:22...

And the last pic I took before our flight was at 2:22...

It actually worked out really well because we had just a little time to kill before NRJ.
We took a few more pics before heading over...

As I said earlier, this was one of the FPs I couldn't add Allie on
but we just showed up and asked nicely and they waved us on.

I kind of like her,

but I find the rest of the ride lacks something.

Since we had a little time before our next FP,
we kind of wandered over to Rafiki's Planet Watch.
We had never been and we both wanted to try out the Animation Academy
(or whatever they call it) over there.

It wasn't great.

It was kind of buggy over there
and the drawing class was nowhere near as good
as the one they used to have over at DHS.
I'll have to find our drawings later and take a pic.
Plus, we we kind of cutting it close to the end of our last FP
and ended up running to catch the train back after!

Did we make it? That's next!

Joining in! So looking forward to reading all about your adventures!

Hi, there! I'm sorry I jumped over your comment earlier!

Thanks for being here!

I am planning on being there for sure! We need an EPIC 2.0!

That will be the most epic, EPIC trip ever!

Bill and I are hoping for a Christmas '21 trip too. After no Disney in 2020, I will be making up for it next year!

It's crazy that I used to be happy with going once every two years!
Would you be planning early December or to actually be there on Christmas?

DECEMBER 4, 2019
KILIMANJARO SAFARI

We made it! But just barely!

I had been texting with Ariane who was in AK with her husband Steve
and we literally ran right by them in our haste to get off the train and run to KS.
They had a FP at the same time so we all rode together,
though I guess I didn't get a pic of us :confused3

I did get my Baobab Tree, however...

and this guy...

And probably the best view of the lions that I've ever had.

After our safari, we parted ways with Ariane and Steve for now.
We both had plans for MNSSHP MVMCP (thanks @kastoney ) the next night so we said we'd see them there.

Allie and I wandered around admiring the AK Christmas decorations before we left...

And one last pic of the TOL :love:

Continued in next post...

Last edited:
DECEMBER 4, 2019
WHERE'S ALLIE?

Anyone remember the "Where's Waldo?" books?

Well, Where's Allie?

Right here!

This one is a little brighter...

The AK decorations are
spectacular.
I can't wait to see them again next year :love:

We did stop for some PP, but they came out kind of goofy...

We watched a gorgeous sunset as we waited for our bus...

Our bus arrived and we headed to Disney Springs
for some dinner and to see the Christmas Tree Trail.

That's next!

My PR day was awful, I finally made mine by Thursday, oh well 😔
What a fun day at AK
I love the picture of your tree, :hyper:
Great lion pictures
NRJ is a calm peaceful little ride, could use that right about now!

When do you leave? I'll be rooting for you guys!
We are at the Riviera July 24 and the Contemporary July 25-28.

I won't go into the ghastly details of my morning…mostly because I don't want to re-live it, but also because I think you all have your own ghastly details of trying to make park reservations that day.
Kelly, it was horrible!!!! I spent 15 hours on hold in 2 days. I even made the News 6 Orlando news. Disney should be ashamed of themselves. This was their worst idea yet...

The DVC CM I spoke with on the phone (after 2 hours on hold)
See above...

Yum, right??
This may be the most "Kelly" breakfast ever :earboy2:

Some of you might have noticed I was wearing my birthday button ::yes::
My actual birthday wasn't for another five
days, but we weren't going to be there for it so I figured, close enough!
Heck 5 months is close enough in my book!!!

But she and my niece will be joining us next April at BLT, and things will hopefully be much better by then. I have to stay optimistic here ::yes::
YesI YesI YesI You will all be together come April and have the whole crew together for some Disney magic!!!!

Additionally, Mike has decided to come with us and already has an unactivated AP that he was supposed to use for our March and then July trips.
Awesome!!! Now all you need to do is push your trip another 2 weeks so you overlap with us and then your trip will be absolutely perfect ❤

What a mess.
Ugh mess is an understatement. We had it easy compared to most, but I cannot believe it could be October before you have the debacle figured out.

We never did the MGM drawing class so I have no comparison but we weren't very impressed with this. The whole location is a total after thought and when we did it they picked like the most random and complicated character they could (Iago)

We both had plans for MNSSHP the next night so we said we'd see them there.
U sure you're going to a Halloween party??? 🎄

My PR day was awful, I finally made mine by Thursday, oh well 😔

I hope you got what you wanted!

NRJ is a calm peaceful little ride, could use that right about now!

Honestly, you're right! I'd be so happy to ride NRJ right now ::yes::

We are at the Riviera July 24 and the Contemporary July 25-28.

Good luck! I hope you're able to go!

I even made the News 6 Orlando news.

Wow! Really?? I'd love to see that!

This may be the most "Kelly" breakfast ever :earboy2:

I knew you, of all people, would appreciate this!

YesI YesI YesI You will all be together come April and have the whole crew together for some Disney magic!!!!

I need this ::yes::

Awesome!!! Now all you need to do is push your trip another 2 weeks so you overlap with us and then your trip will be absolutely perfect ❤

Orrrrr, you can come two weeks earlier :P

U sure you're going to a Halloween party??? 🎄

Lol! Thanks! I must have Halloween on the brain!
All fixed! :thumbsup2

That will be the most epic, EPIC trip ever!
Definitely! And so needed after everything we have been going through!
It's crazy that I used to be happy with going once every two years!
Oh my gosh same! I did five years without a trip at one point and then I fell down the Disney rabbit hole. I went three times in 2019 and I'm Canadian!
Would you be planning early December or to actually be there on Christmas?
I would think early to mid December. I love to be home for Christmas day. What about you?
Perfect!
Allie and I wandered around admiring the AK Christmas decorations before we left...
I absolutely loved the decor at AK!
We watched a gorgeous sunset as we waited for our bus...
So pretty! Love the pics of you and Allie too. :)

I think you all have your own ghastly details of trying to make park reservations that day.
Soooo many stories being told!
Suffice to say, I was successful in making the park reservations for exactly what we wanted in October:
::yes::
our wait for FOP was almost exactly an hour...
Not bad for FOP.
I kind of like her,
She's pretty impressive. ::yes::
but I find the rest of the ride lacks something.
I like the "lizards" silhouettes on the leaves. They even make thumping noises as the skitter about.
It was kind of buggy over there
Sorry to hear that.
I had been texting with Ariane who was in AK with her husband Steve
and we literally ran right by them in our haste to get off the train and run to KS.
:laughing:
Yay!!!! :lmao:
And probably the best view of the lions that I've ever had.
Not bad!!
Anyone remember the "Where's Waldo?" books?
How can we forget? Have you seen the Corona virus edition?
Well, Where's Allie?
I see her!
We did stop for some PP, but they came out kind of goofy...
Well, of course. It is Disney, after all.

Now I'm waiting for WDW to start selling tickets for 2021. I'm actually really miffed that they've started selling resort packages with tickets for 2021 but DVC members with stays already booked are not allowed to purchase tickets yet. The DVC CM I spoke with on the phone (after 2 hours on hold) reassured me that I will be able to purchase tickets on Sunday June 28th. We shall see. I won't hold my breath, but if they do then I will buy all of our tickets and make our April PRs on Sunday. I'm really trying not to panic yet since April is still nine months from now.
Hope you had luck getting tickets today! I was able to use our tickets from our cancelled trip and made park reservations for our August '21 trip. No issues at all and took about 15 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter