~We seldom report of having eaten too little~Sept 2010~COMPLETED 10/21~

I want that tempura shrimp roll...so it is fried shrimp with rice and thats it?

Oh Nicki you HAVE to try this! It is shrimp tempura, rolled in rice and rice paper with mango and watermelon. It is served with an orange ginger dipping sauce. Crispy, sweet and just plain heavenly!

That creme brulee looks so good, I'm sorry I didn't get that when I ate there.

It was like the richest chocoolate mousse you can imagine, topped with bruleed sugar :lovestruc

Les Chefs de France

Chefs de France is easily my family's favorite WDW restaurant. Over the years I can safely say we have dined here more than 100 times. We adore French food and the atmosphere (yes, even the tables that are "too close together"....try eating in Paris lol...you practically have a stranger IN your lap there :lmao:)

Like all WDW restaurants it has experienced its ups and downs, but we find it to be consistently good overall and the epitome of comfort food while we are on vacation.

ry%3D400

Ah Baguette....the national symbol of France :rotfl: This is a vast improvement over the previous dinner rolls. It is hot and crusty and a very close replica of authentic French bagette. And yes, we finished both! :thumbsup2

ry%3D400

Salad with Blue Cheese - this was DMom's appetizer. She loves blue cheese and thought that this was solidly good, nothing stunning but nice.

Not Pictured

French Onion Soup - DDad and I had this. I cannot visit Chefs de France without having the French Onion Soup. Now, there is no perfect way to make this soup as there are way too many variables (Red wine or white? Congac? Chicken or beef stock? Etc..) but I love this variation. I think it is perfect for Florida as it isn't too earthy or too hearty. The broth is rich but subtle and there is tons of bread and cheese...Yum!

ry%3D400

Salmon with Spinach - DMom ordered this and said it was wonderful, however she did miss the ratatouille from the old salmon dish.

ry%3D400

Roasted Chicken - DDad shocked us all and ordered the chicken. He was pleasantly surprised and said that the crispy potatoes were the best he ever had!

ry%3D400

Macaroni Gratin - Mmmm cream and cheese and pasta, that is my idea of heaven :cloud9: My only complaint is that this dish is WAY too big! I can barely eat half of it!

ry%3D400

Creme Brulee - Now...we had a creme brulee conundrum at Chefs a few years ago. The creme was fine but there was the most stingy smattering of brulee you have ever seen! A great creme brulee should crack under your spoon....this thing barely made a sound. So, we were shocked to find that this was *closer* to a true brulee. Still not quite there....but better!

ry%3D400

Profiteroles - Once again, my idea of heaven. A year ago, when I went to lunch at Chefs with Jaclyn (Belle_373) and her DF Chris I ordered these for dessert and urged her to try these. She said "no thanks, I don't like cream puffs." At which I went "Oh no no no...these are not cream puffs, try a bite!" And she was shocked to find they were filled with ice cream. I think many people assume they will be filled with over sweet whipped cream, but in reality they are the perfect ice creamy treat :goodvibes

ry%3D400

Le Cellier

As a testament to how low the crowds were in early September...I have a story!

Our last night plan was to head to Mexico, grab a bite from the temporary booth and then head to La Cava del Tequila...but as we were walking past Le Cellier, cheese soup called my name...

So, I thought we could ask to order some for take-out, but DDad decided to ask if we could have dinner :scared1: haha yeah...right...like that would ever...WHAT? They CAN take us? Holy crap!

We walked right in, to a very full Le Cellier at 5:15pm!

We were seated in....oh this is bad lol....I'm FROM Canada and I can't remember....Northwest Territories I think...anyways, it was a very private booth near the washrooms.

We asked for all pretzel bread because we knew we were all there for one thing...

ry%3D400

Cheese Soup! The combination of sharp, salty, smokey, creaminess practically makes me weak at the knees :cloud9:

ry%3D400

Spice rubbed Pork Chop with Rosemary Polenta Cake - WOW! DMom ordered the winning entree of the night! This was lovely, the pork was tender and juicy, the spice rub was the perfect compliment without overpowering the pork and the polenta cake was to die for!

ry%3D400

Maple BBQ Filet with Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes - DDad and I both opted for this and it was as good as always. We learned from our waiter that you can order this by saying "I'd like the Filet - Old School" :lmao:

ry%3D400

And that concludes this edition of ~We seldom report of having eaten too little~ but...the F&W edition starts on SUNDAY!! :woohoo:

My husband and I love Chefs De France and its a must for us every trip. I'm crossing my fingers that the food is still good in December. The last time we went there the sits we had was actually wonderful and not too close to anyone but then we were more in the side or back on a square table but then we go travel to Europe and used to dinning out there where you are part of the others tables :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
We are trying LeCelleir for our first time
Thanks for a wonderful updates.

You just made me soooooooo happy :cool1: by showing the maple bbq filet from Le Cellier. I was hoping that I'd be able to order this when I visit in February (before they change to 2 TS credits). Here's hoping its still available then. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that piece of meat. :)

Awesome reviews!:thumbsup2 Can't believe you walked in to Le Cellier, thats amazing:banana: Looking forward to your Sunday reviews:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter