We Should Have Never Given You Those Oakleys!! *UPDATED 9/1/15*

Ugh I was daydreaming about that Monkey Cupcake this morning actually. haha.
Thanks for the advice... You definitely seem to have a strong group of readers, mainly because your trip reports are awesome!

Thanks! My TRs got a HUGE boost when MEK shilled the first one in her Trip Report. I got a ton of readers once that happened. Still not anywhere near the level of some of the more prominent trip reporters, but I'm satisfied :)

I plan on plugging your TR when we get to the monkey cupcake section of my TR, which is on Day 4. Not that I have the reader-influencing clout Mary Ellen has, but I'll try!

Far more people should be reading this TR than apparently are. What is wrong with them?

I should probably be doing some Spanish homework right now instead of reminiscing about this trip… but I’m not. I’m definitely okay with being here instead of conjugating countless Spanish verbs anyways.

LOVE your priorities! Now, anyone care to make a guess why I'm not a college advisor?

We ate at Chefs de France a few years back, and found it good, but not outstanding. However, I'm a HUGE fan of French onion soup, so a return visit may be in the works.

Do they still do the thing with the animatronic Remy on the server tray?

Great update, as usual! Keep it up! You have the entire rest of your life to study for the Spanish exam.

Thanks! My TRs got a HUGE boost when MEK shilled the first one in her Trip Report. I got a ton of readers once that happened. Still not anywhere near the level of some of the more prominent trip reporters, but I'm satisfied :)

I plan on plugging your TR when we get to the monkey cupcake section of my TR, which is on Day 4. Not that I have the reader-influencing clout Mary Ellen has, but I'll try!

Far more people should be reading this TR than apparently are. What is wrong with them?

LOVE your priorities! Now, anyone care to make a guess why I'm not a college advisor?

We ate at Chefs de France a few years back, and found it good, but not outstanding. However, I'm a HUGE fan of French onion soup, so a return visit may be in the works.

Do they still do the thing with the animatronic Remy on the server tray?

Great update, as usual! Keep it up! You have the entire rest of your life to study for the Spanish exam.

I appreciate that so much, but you don't have to do that! We had eaten at Chefs de France previously as well, and didn't really like it at first. This time however, it was pretty legit.
They got rid of Remy, before I ever got to see him :(
Oh well, it was still a pretty amazing dinner!!

Hey ya'll!!

Sorry that I haven't been back to update in a little bit, but a lot has happened! First off, we celebrated my birthday where I got Saints tickets!!! yaaayyyyy

Then last Friday, I had wrist surgery to repair my tendon. So I have to type with one hand, which takes FOREVER!!!! I was put in this giant brace:

19540995430_8a3a92ffe5_c.jpg

Then earlier, I went and got it taken off and my stitches cleaned (which made me super lightheaded).
Now I'm in this:

19106440114_59b841a35d_c.jpg

So, needless to say I am working on the new update... but it's taking me longer than I expected, thanks to one finger typing. Sorry to anyone reading!!! Just be please be patient!!

No one is going to fault you if you sit out due to Trip Report-writing-related injuries. People think this is easy. It's not. Tendon damage is one of the many perils we TR writers face in the line of duty.

BTW, Happy Birthday! Which game are you going to see? I'm still bitter at the Saints over the NFC Championship Game with Brett Favre five years ago, but I still love just about any NFL football.

No one is going to fault you if you sit out due to Trip Report-writing-related injuries. People think this is easy. It's not. Tendon damage is one of the many perils we TR writers face in the line of duty.

BTW, Happy Birthday! Which game are you going to see? I'm still bitter at the Saints over the NFC Championship Game with Brett Favre five years ago, but I still love just about any NFL football.

Thank you! I'm just going to the Saints vs. Patriots. lol, I'm strictly a Saints fan... but I watch as many playoff games as possible.

OOh, we are just going to have to agree to disagree about which team to root for during that game. But it should be good!

Okay, I’m back!! I am currently (as of today) 5 weeks out of surgery on my wrist!!! I have been doing physical therapy and exercises at home like crazy. I am not 100% yet, and I’ll probably have to take a million breaks typing this, but I have definitely gotten some better. Anyways, on with the TR!!

When I left off, we had just left Epcot and were on our way back to CBR. We set our alarms and went to bed.

Now, normally I am NOT a morning person at all… this was a different kind of morning. I was going to my first breakfast in WDW in years! (I usually over sleep them, and cancel the ADRs). Anyways, I got up at 7 and got ready.

We arrived at the Rainforest Café in AK, and checked in. Once seated I ordered some tea for my drink, as my throat was KILLING me. (I promise I won’t complain the entire TR about being sick… I did eventually get better.)

The tea was lukewarm, and I unfortunately was not offered a refill. I ordered the Tonga Toast, which is just French toast with Strawberries and bananas on top. Needless to say, it was delicious!

19498587315_e3cd384194_c.jpg

After breakfast it was time to use our Fastpasses for the Safari. We did not have much time until the window closed, so we hurried and walked pretty quickly.

Of course we had to face this to get there…

19312105269_270f55a580_c.jpg

After darting our way through the crowd, we arrived with plenty of time to spare.

18876095114_74772e8cda_c.jpg

The safari ride itself wasn’t anything out of the norm. We just saw the typical animals you generally see

19310666658_fea6f857b7_c.jpg

19492010892_f723912457_c.jpg

19502790311_0ba403425b_c.jpg

19498586585_96ced7310c_c.jpg

Things were rolling smoothly until we had a visitor try to join our safari…

18877776993_c3a6a89a8e_c.jpg

19502789941_d4f85126bd_c.jpg

19310666158_09855363f7_c.jpg

18876093774_65bbbf5b54_c.jpg

After the safari, we decided to go to ride Expedition Everest. Yes, I believe I have a slight obsession with this ride. Haha.

Since we didn’t have Fastpasses, dad and I went through the single rider line.

19498585865_292ea1b996_c.jpg

Oh EE, I loveeeee you.

19472510836_71c3fc9bb3_c.jpg

After we rode the first time, it was time for our FastPasses for EE. Dad and I went through the line, and then once we got off… decided to do it one more time. I ended up using my mom’s Magic Band (yes, I know that’s the wrong thing to do… but you can’t blame me), while dad went through the single rider line again.

We had eventually had enough of running away from the yeti, so we moved on to Dinosaurs. On the way we stopped and got some ice cream bars for a snack. Once finished with our snack, mom went and shopped in some of the stores while dad and I tried to save this silly Iguanodon.

Everyone was pretty much done with AK, so we decided to go to Downtown Disney and do some shopping. Once we arrived, we took our time looking through the various stores.

Around 6 pm, we were pretty much finished and getting tired. It was an hour or so early for our ADRs at Raglan Road, but we went and checked-in regardless.

I had been looking forward to Raglan Road for MONTHS! Needless to say, it was the nastiest food we have ever been served at WDW. The soda bread with Guiness reduction, my absolute favorite, didn’t even taste right. On top of the icky food, our server only came once to bring the drinks, and another time to bring the check. It was a general consensus that we would be skipping RR for the next trip.

19472510656_705cdffed7_c.jpg

19498585495_dbf190a746_c.jpg

I ordered the steak, and the entire dish was barely even warm. I honestly hate being one of those people to complain, so I just went with it. Once I cut and chewed my steak up it was the fattiest piece of meat ever (which I know they can’t help, just stating the truth).

18876093154_020083051e_c.jpg

Dad ordered the ‘It’s not Bleedin’ Chowder,’ which he enjoyed but also said it was freezing cold.

18876093084_dd7578d6ce_c.jpg

Mom ordered the fish and chips, but didn’t say much about it being spectacular or anything…

19502788271_ce0a3eae8b_c.jpg

After our lack luster dinner, it was around 8 pm and everyone was ready to relax. We took the bus back to CBR, and made a stop at Old Port Royale. Mom and I went to look around the shop and got some tea, while dad went to check out the arcade games. We were pretty tired so everyone ended up going to bed fairly early.

Up next: The last two days L

Following along. Too bad you were sick, but it seems like you still accomplished a lot for the time of year.

I'm staying at CBR for my trip this December. Your experience with the buses makes me nervous.

Don't be nervous! Bus service is touch and go everywhere. I see in your signature it looks like your stay at CBR in December will be your first... I'm sure you're already aware that CBR is broken into sections with each one having its own stop. Unfortunately, this means that if you are staying towards the back of the resort, like we were in Trinidad South, then the buses get to you last... often times they will be filled. However, CBR makes a valiant effort to get you buses during peak traveling times (like before park openings). CBR is a fantastic resort, and the bus service was really only terrible a couple of days that we stayed there. There was one instance where we were waiting on a bus to Hollywood Studios (on the last day) and there were three buses that passed us filled with people, that wouldn't even stop at our stop as a result. Disney ended up calling a bus in, that stopped at our stop first to remedy the issue. You'll have a fantastic time, just remember to take a breath and enjoy the moment!

Don't be nervous! Bus service is touch and go everywhere. I see in your signature it looks like your stay at CBR in December will be your first... I'm sure you're already aware that CBR is broken into sections with each one having its own stop. Unfortunately, this means that if you are staying towards the back of the resort, like we were in Trinidad South, then the buses get to you last... often times they will be filled. However, CBR makes a valiant effort to get you buses during peak traveling times (like before park openings). CBR is a fantastic resort, and the bus service was really only terrible a couple of days that we stayed there. There was one instance where we were waiting on a bus to Hollywood Studios (on the last day) and there were three buses that passed us filled with people, that wouldn't even stop at our stop as a result. Disney ended up calling a bus in, that stopped at our stop first to remedy the issue. You'll have a fantastic time, just remember to take a breath and enjoy the moment!
I did request Jamaica, so hopefully my room will be in a good location. I was also worried that the resort wouldn't be the best choice for Christmas time, with the Carribean theme. Love your TR, by the way.

Sounds like you needed a kitchen fire or something to cause you to miss Raglan Road and eat at OPR instead. Monkey cupcake! :)

Thanks for making me less upset about missing RR! Though I think your experience was the exception, not the rule.

AK without the apes? Oooohhhwhat? But multiple rides on EE are something I can definitely applaud.

Good to hear you won't be sick much longer. It's been months!

Also, thumbs up on the wrist rehab, and it's great that you posted another update! Keep 'em coming!

I did request Jamaica, so hopefully my room will be in a good location. I was also worried that the resort wouldn't be the best choice for Christmas time, with the Carribean theme. Love your TR, by the way.

Oh yes! Jamaica is towards the entrance, and always gets picked up first (unless they go in the back way, which is rare). At Christmas, they do have a tree up in Old Port Royale (food court/shop) and in the Town Center (Check-in). Also, there is garland and wreaths everywhere with tropical fish/flowers throughout. It's actually really cool to see them do the theming for Christmas! Thanks so much for reading!! I hope you put up a TR after you stay at CBR so I can see what you thought of it!

Sounds like you needed a kitchen fire or something to cause you to miss Raglan Road and eat at OPR instead. Monkey cupcake! :)

Thanks for making me less upset about missing RR! Though I think your experience was the exception, not the rule.

AK without the apes? Oooohhhwhat? But multiple rides on EE are something I can definitely applaud.

Good to hear you won't be sick much longer. It's been months!

Also, thumbs up on the wrist rehab, and it's great that you posted another update! Keep 'em coming!

I hope RR isn't sinking downhill into destruction, it used to be one of my favorites!
Haha, we went to look at the gorillas but they weren't out at the time!! It was disappointing, but I lived vicariously through your TR.
I'm working on another update soon!! Thanks for reading yet again!

Well, there are only two more days left of vacation for me to discuss… kind of makes me sad. On the other hand I have been trying to finish this TR since January, and I’m pretty sure that those of you reading would love to see the conclusion.

With that being said, this day we woke up before 7 am to head to the Magic Kingdom. Yes, you read that correctly… I woke up before 10 am. It was a struggle, but I made it.

So, we arrived to MK and immediately walked towards Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to use our fastpasses. Mom was kind of cold so she went and hung out in the Briar Patch (Splash Mountain gift shop) while dad and I rode BTMR.

After BTMR, the three of us decided to go walk through Fantasyland and check things out. We saw that It’s a Small World didn’t have a crazy long wait, and it had started to rain… so we jumped in line.

During It’s a Small World, mom quickly put the camera in my lap and dramatically requested that I take pictures. It was as if she hadn’t ridden IASM ever, or as if she believed that the little doll children would come to life and run away. Regardless, I snapped away…

20671625315_b7128f350d_c.jpg

20678330221_fbf5e18242_c.jpg

20483609980_9d8c01406c_c.jpg

20049057944_764ec2d489_c.jpg

20484872639_919f12c4d2_c.jpg

20645338576_3da41f5401_c.jpg

20645337106_8fb7c013a4_c.jpg

We exited IASM, and it was time for our Haunted Mansion fastpasses. We then went and rode the Liberty Steamboat, and noticed how ridiculously crowded the park was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter