We tried Royal Caribbean….

Henlady

DIS Veteran
After 16 Disney cruises over all of the ships, we decided to try RC due to price difference. Ship - independence of the seas was nice.
PROS: Cost, ease and quickness of embarkation and debarkation, both seemed to take only minutes. Did like the layout of the room.
Liked the prominade area.
CONS: There were no electrical outlets in the bathroom and no outlets bedside, only at the desk. Missed rotation of dining rooms.
Missed Disney service, and entertainment.
Big thing was the food! Never lost weight on a cruise before. Husband sometimes had a difficult time finding anything to his liking, except for desserts. Food was not memorable at all and mediocre at best. I could list multiple items we enjoyed on any of Disney ships.
Will we sail RC again, maybe if we want to go cheap, but you get what you pay for.

We have cruised RCCL many times, and the most recent time was last month on the Oasis. We are Diamond, so we have a lot of perks.

I agree with you about the food. About an hour after dinner on the first day, I raided the snacks we brought with us because I was hungry.

After 16 Disney cruises over all of the ships, we decided to try RC due to price difference. Ship - independence of the seas was nice.
PROS: Cost, ease and quickness of embarkation and debarkation, both seemed to take only minutes. Did like the layout of the room.
Liked the prominade area.
CONS: There were no electrical outlets in the bathroom and no outlets bedside, only at the desk. Missed rotation of dining rooms.
Missed Disney service, and entertainment.
Big thing was the food! Never lost weight on a cruise before. Husband sometimes had a difficult time finding anything to his liking, except for desserts. Food was not memorable at all and mediocre at best. I could list multiple items we enjoyed on any of Disney ships.
Will we sail RC again, maybe if we want to go cheap, but you get what you pay for.
Cruise ship bathrooms almost never have regular outlets in the bathroom. Usually only outlets for shavers. I don't believe I have ever had a regular outlet on a Disney ship in the bathroom. Older ships don't have outlets near the bed. You have to sail on a newer ship for this. Many of the newer ones also have more USB ports, etc. We were recently on the Fantasy and my side of the bed did not have an outlet or USB port.

We sail Royal a lot and never had subpar service. Always great service. We also don't dine in dining rooms most nights. We love the dining package that allows us to dine in the specialty restaurants for a fraction of the cost.

Cruise ship bathrooms almost never have regular outlets in the bathroom. Usually only outlets for shavers. I don't believe I have ever had a regular outlet on a Disney ship in the bathroom. Older ships don't have outlets near the bed. You have to sail on a newer ship for this. Many of the newer ones also have more USB ports, etc. We were recently on the Fantasy and my side of the bed did not have an outlet or USB port.
All of Disney's ships have bedside electrical outlets and non-shaver outlets in the bathrooms. You might be right that some ships only have outlets on one side of the bed, though.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if the Dream-class ships have an outlet in the bathroom. The Magic-class ships definitely do.

Last edited:

Celebrity, a subsidiary of RCL has the best overall food of the larger cruise lines, at least in the last 10 years. Never been on a Disney ship so nothing to compare on that level.

I was just on the magic. There were outlets on both sides of the bed and there was an outlet in the bathroom in the shower/tub side. On the wish last year the bathroom outlet was in the toilet side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter