Wedding colors

I haven't settled on a scheme yet, but I'm leaning towards pink and copper, since our wedding will be in the fall.

It took me AGES to pick our colors.

One day I wandered into Crate and Barrel, hoping to see some display there that could give me ideas. And there was this gorgeous set of tableware in Mediterranean Ocean Blue, Citrus Green, and Terracotta/Copper. So that's where I got my colors from!

I do have to say... I originally wanted to buy nice ties for all the men in the wedding, and I spent a whole week going to a ton of dept stores, and couldn't find a tie in my colors!

I have a piece of advice for any of you ladies planning on buying ties. Go look around for a nice tie, and pick your wedding colors based on the tie you find!

I went with fruit (ish) colors, since we are getting married on the Disney Wonder, Why not?:bride:

We call it Banana and Mango, much the same colors as these two:hug: !
I like it just because it's fun to say. Especially with a Ricky Ricardo accent!
Say it...

Banana and Mango :rotfl2:

Oh!! You will love the Wonder..When?? Rufaro was the WC and she was fantastic!

Well, we just got engaged Saturday, but of course I have been planning in my head for a good year or so. I am going to use peacock colors as my color scheme- deep purple, blue, and green, with hints of copper as an accent.

Oh!! You will love the Wonder..When?? Rufaro was the WC and she was fantastic!

We are on the Nov. 1 09 sailing. I made it official today!!!:woohoo:
Cathy is the WC that I talked to. I was kinda scared to ask too many questions, she seemed a little occupied.

I see in your pictures that you got married on Deck 7. Will they decorate or do we? And if they do, how much input will I have?

I was really set on lime green and fuschia with orange accents- very bright and fun! But now we've set the date for a Dec wedding so I feel some pressure to switch to reds and silvers... but we're getting married at Sunset Point so bright and cheery may go better with the tropical feel of the Polynesian- any thoughts?

originally it was navy, with accents of periwinkle, pltinum, white and a dash of light and dark pinks.

Then I changed it to pinks.

Now I'm thinking Black with allp astel accent colors (pink, blue, purple, green, etc)

One thing that is definate is the flowers are pink I already bought silk ones and have been working on the bouquets.

If color is as important to you as it is to me, do not feel pressured to switch to colors just because of the season or even the location. Pick colors that make you happy! :goodvibes

Purple (both a light shade and a dark shade) and champagne gold. My MOH wore black though.

Polynesianbride, I agree with lurkyloo. Go with the colors that you love.

If color is as important to you as it is to me, do not feel pressured to switch to colors just because of the season or even the location. Pick colors that make you happy! :goodvibes

Exactly what I was going to say! :goodvibes

We are doing purple with pink and champagne accents! Or possibly Champagne with pink and purple accents... depends on the bridesmaid dresses i suppose!

We are on the Nov. 1 09 sailing. I made it official today!!!:woohoo:
Cathy is the WC that I talked to. I was kinda scared to ask too many questions, she seemed a little occupied.

I see in your pictures that you got married on Deck 7. Will they decorate or do we? And if they do, how much input will I have?

sorry..i just saw this..
Cathy doesn't really get "into" your planning until about 120 odd days before your date..then she kicks into high gear about 45 days before
That is a down side of DCL..your coordinator on shore doesn't really have the same involvement as WDW coordinators
Rufaro was the onboard officer who is in charge of weddings on the Wonder..unless she is off for her break

it will be amazing!!

I think I've finally settled on several shades of Cinderella Blue (periwinkle) and fuschia!

401642302_2tVKB-M.jpg

Here are the colors "in action":

401642288_dc4nG-M.jpg

- Andreah

Soo this is how I think I'm going:

Ivory gown
Clover BM dresses
Hot pink Bride's Bouquet
Ivory Rose Wand for BM's
and some silver accents

Kiddies.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter