Wedding colors

Since we are looking at early fallish weeding we are going with darkish orange and maroon. :-) Infact we just bought our invitations and they are orange with brown ribbons, but we might switch to maroon ribbons. I'd post a like but I can't yet. lol

I think I've finally settled on several shades of Cinderella Blue (periwinkle) and fuschia!

401642302_2tVKB-M.jpg

Here are the colors "in action":

401642288_dc4nG-M.jpg

- Andreah

LOVE the colors and that design is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

:love: oooohhhhhh! LOVE this did someone design it for you (is so who) or how did you do it?

Thanks!

I do a "little bit" of graphic design, but there is no way that I could have designed that all by myself. I actually bought the artwork on iStockPhoto.com in "vector" format - which is the original artwork source file that the artist created. It cost about $13 or $14.

Originally the vines were green, but I used Adobe Illustrator to change them to my shades of blue, and to add the names and text.

iStockPhoto.com is really awesome! I also found artwork that looks eerily similar to my fiancee and me:

402742284_9ZM2v-M.jpg

Here's what we really look like:

DisneyProposal_005.jpg

- Andreah

our colors are Red, Gold, White and Black......although they are mickey colors we did not choose them cause of that. The colors are a combination of our fraternity colors

red.jpg
goldswatch.jpg

black.jpg
white.jpg

OMG andreah!!

I LOOVE everything you've posted! Colors are amazing!! And the design is perfect!!!

May I ask where you got the little color circle swatches from?

OMG andreah!!

I LOOVE everything you've posted! Colors are amazing!! And the design is perfect!!!

May I ask where you got the little color circle swatches from?

Thanks for the kind words! I think I did that in Photoshop. I picked the colors from a Pantone swatch book. In Photoshop, you can pick colors by Pantone number. I just used the shape tool to create the circles in those colors and added the text on top of it so that I wouldn't forget the RGB "formula" for the colors. It's just a little "cheat sheet" for me to refer back to. I stole the idea from Dynamic Graphics magazine :-)

You might also check out www.colourlovers.com. That's a fun little website where you can play around with color schemes. Type in a few keywords and see what happens!

- Andreah in Memphis

Our girls will be in black, the guys will be in black w/ silver vests and ties, and DF will be in black with white Mickey vest/tie. Our flowers will be pink and orange. :cutie:

Our cake will be a Mad hatter in silver/black/white. I figured that would be easier than having them try to match the colors of my flowers! I am far too anal about colors matching, and I can just picture me walking into the reception, taking a look at the cake and turning into Bridezilla! :scared1: :rotfl:

I was inspired by the peacock feather

peacock%20feather.jpg

So we're going with a sapphire blue
sapphire_tears.png

This dark turquoise/teal
peacock_feather.png

And ivory (since my dress is ivory)
pure.png

Our colors are going to be mostly black and white with spalshes of blood red...I know that sounds completely gorish but blood red is actually red with alittle black tint...I will have a beautiful bouquet of all red roses to go along with my black and white dress

redrose.jpg

our colors are Red, Gold, White and Black......although they are mickey colors we did not choose them cause of that. The colors are a combination of our fraternity colors

red.jpg
goldswatch.jpg

black.jpg
white.jpg

Those are the colors I want minus the black. My inspiration is my favorite flower (a red rose!!) and the Classic Elegance collection in the Couture line. So I want shades of red, with gold and ivory as my secondaries. Think like this...

devotion.png

Only with shades of gold :cloud9:

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and I have to say, I love this forum!!

Our colors are Navy Blue and shades of Pink with a little white thrown in.

My girls will be wearing Navy Dresses with a very thin pale pink trim around the neck line (halter style).

My bouquet will be 24 roses of pale pink, bright pink, and two tone pink.

The groomsman will be wear black tuxes with white shirt, black vest, black tie.

My fiance will be wearing a black tux with white shirt, vest, and tie, with a white rose.

I am wearing white.

The invitations are white and pink, the decor will be most white and pink with navy accents here and there.

Our main colours are Green and Black, with little hints of Purple, Hot Pink and Orange... It will look good together- Trust me!

Bob xoxox

We're doing burnt orange, purples, reds, yellows and brown. Fall ceremony. I'll be wearing a Hazelnut dress, my DP will wear a brown suit with a burnt orange blouse. Very colorful, and vibrant! ;)

Our main colors are Royal Blue and Yellow. Bringing in bits of Red and Green. Our theme is Around the "World"

Yellow and Blue - the inspiration was from Beauty and the Beast. Yellow is the primary color, and blue will be in the decor and floral with hydrangeas.

The only problem I found is that I choose my school colors without even thinking about it. :rotfl: Someone had to point it out to me.
I have the same problem! I think that gold and blue look great together, but as a GW alum marrying a University of Maryland alum, I didn't think it was appropriate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter