Week before Halloween starts or after?

StarlitNight05

DIS Veteran
I just remembered that Halloween time is starting earlier than usual this year (8/23). This may sound like a question with an obvious answer, but if you had to pick to go in late August, would you pick the week before Halloween time or the week after?

I do love Halloween but I worry about the crush of humanity (especially influencers) wanting to be there for all the new things. The only reason I was thinking of potentially going that week would be for HMH, although I have heard rumblings about it opening earlier than the start of Halloween season this year (coming back from the long refurb). What would you all think? Thanks in advance!

Option 1. Arrival date August 19 with park days August 20-22, departing August 23 (no parks that day)

Option 2. Arrival date August 26 with park days August 27-29, departing August 30 (no parks that day)

I am in the same boat haha.

Honestly for those dates you might gets crowds either way. Option 1 crowded by those that want to get one last trip before Halloween and Option 2 by those wanting to experience the first week of Halloween but not on the first weekend.

Good news is you would avoid the invasion of influencers by not going during the weekend. Most schools (if not all) would be back from summer vacations for both dates. Both Imagine and Enchant Keys get unblocked on August, with Imagine coming back the week before your option 1 so that might crowd that week a bit with MK holders getting in a few last summer days.

I would choose based on entertainment (if there is any during the weekdays).

I am in the same boat haha.

Honestly for those dates you might gets crowds either way. Option 1 crowded by those that want to get one last trip before Halloween and Option 2 by those wanting to experience the first week of Halloween but not on the first weekend.

Good news is you would avoid the invasion of influencers by not going during the weekend. Most schools (if not all) would be back from summer vacations for both dates. Both Imagine and Enchant Keys get unblocked on August, with Imagine coming back the week before your option 1 so that might crowd that week a bit with MK holders getting in a few last summer days.

I would choose based on entertainment (if there is any during the weekdays).
Yeah, I figured it was likely a draw, with the later date being slightly more busy. I wish they released entertainment schedules sooner than they currently do.

Ooo, that's exciting you are planning a trip too! Yay for August trips. My birthday is at the end of August, and I haven't been to DL to celebrate my birthday in ages (it won't be the actual day, but close enough haha), so I figured it was overdue. Hope you have a great trip too!

I would do Halloween time. It is fun. We were there labor day weekend last year and it was great. We were there in 2021 in the disaster that is October--- last year going Labor Day was SOOOOO much better. The only sad thing was we had to leave the day before Oogie Boogie started, which was the only thing that saved our October 2021 trip-- I would have liked to have gone to the party last year--- of course it was a nightmare for everyone to get tickets last year, so I guess I was lucky we weren't in that mess.

I would do Halloween time. It is fun. We were there labor day weekend last year and it was great. We were there in 2021 in the disaster that is October--- last year going Labor Day was SOOOOO much better. The only sad thing was we had to leave the day before Oogie Boogie started, which was the only thing that saved our October 2021 trip-- I would have liked to have gone to the party last year--- of course it was a nightmare for everyone to get tickets last year, so I guess I was lucky we weren't in that mess.
Thanks for the input. I think we may just go the first week of Halloween time. I do LOVE Halloween so it may feel a bit sad to just miss it by a few days, especially if crowds may be fairly similar. Also, our rental car rate is significantly cheaper that week, so I figure it's extra money for snacks and souvenirs!

By waiting for Halloween to officially start, you get:
-HMH, definitively (though it may well open a bit earlier this year anyway)
-Halloween Screams over Together Forever. While they might well reconfigure TF for this year's Pixar Fest, until they do, Halloween Screams is the better fireworks show.
-Halloween lighting and decor, especially in BVS and Carsland (also, the lighting moment in CL changes for the season). I discovered last year that you don't have to go to OBB to see this.
-Guardians of the Galaxy: Monsters After Dark from 3 PM onwards.
-Halloween-specific soundtracks for both Luigi's and Mater's.
-Halloween-specific seasonal snacks

It will probably be a bit busier, but I think that will be offset by all of the above, especially since you're a Halloween fan.

By waiting for Halloween to officially start, you get:
-HMH, definitively (though it may well open a bit earlier this year anyway)
-Halloween Screams over Together Forever. While they might well reconfigure TF for this year's Pixar Fest, until they do, Halloween Screams is the better fireworks show.
-Halloween lighting and decor, especially in BVS and Carsland (also, the lighting moment in CL changes for the season). I discovered last year that you don't have to go to OBB to see this.
-Guardians of the Galaxy: Monsters After Dark from 3 PM onwards.
-Halloween-specific soundtracks for both Luigi's and Mater's.
-Halloween-specific seasonal snacks

It will probably be a bit busier, but I think that will be offset by all of the above, especially since you're a Halloween fan.
Thank you for this! This made me feel more confident in my decision.

I completely forgot about Monsters After Dark. We only got to experience that once and loved it (the music was comically good).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter