Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

keahgirl8 said:
You can do it, girl! I just got into a large and I was a 2X/3X in February. You are looking good! Don't give up!

Wow! That's awesome!

Scale is showing 2 more lbs down. Weigh in is Monday. Gotta stop weighing every day! LOL. Going out of town for the weekend so who knows what'll happen when I get back...

I'm at a point where I'm questioning myself. At weigh in I had gained 2.6 this week and I wasn't on vacation. I'm really surprised at this one. My leader told me to cut back on my bread and bananas. I'm going to give it a try...I was so hoping that I had made my 45 lbs mark but I now need to lose 3 lbs to do that.

-Stephanie

NC State said:
I'm at a point where I'm questioning myself. At weigh in I had gained 2.6 this week and I wasn't on vacation. I'm really surprised at this one. My leader told me to cut back on my bread and bananas. I'm going to give it a try...I was so hoping that I had made my 45 lbs mark but I now need to lose 3 lbs to do that.

-Stephanie

Don't question yourself you are doing great. Sometimes our bodies adjust to our routine and we have to tweak it. Although I track all my points with WW I also use my fitness pal website. They have an app if you have a smart phone. I don't really concentrate on the calories but I like to see the break down of my carbs, fat, sodium, protein and fiber and this gives it. Sometimes knowing this helps you to adjust your food intake. Good luck Steph!

-Stephanie

Hang in there and try out what the leader says. I know that can be frustrating!

I was down .8 yesterday. I was so hoping for an even 1 pound, then I would have hit my 10%.
I guess I have to look forward to next week, and hope that I do better than just the .2 needed to reach my first goal.

I'm in meetings all this week -- I've been able to do all right for the buffet lunches, but it's not easy, particularly when everything comes with sauce, etc. Bad salad selections -- lettuce wedges with a cherry tomato. WI's tomorrow morning before another day of meetings, so we'll see how I've done.

Krissalee said:
I was down .8 yesterday. I was so hoping for an even 1 pound, then I would have hit my 10%.
I guess I have to look forward to next week, and hope that I do better than just the .2 needed to reach my first goal.

I feel your pain, I think at every goal I was always .2 away from hitting it. You will get it and beyond next week.

lovesmurfs said:
I'm in meetings all this week -- I've been able to do all right for the buffet lunches, but it's not easy, particularly when everything comes with sauce, etc. Bad salad selections -- lettuce wedges with a cherry tomato. WI's tomorrow morning before another day of meetings, so we'll see how I've done.

Good luck at your weigh in today.

Today was weigh in. Lost another 1.6 pounds. Down to 19.4. I guess that I will be reaching my goal of 30 pounds by the end of the year. So I decided to make it 40 pounds by the end of the year! I am thinking of buying a treadmill since I can't go to the gym to use theirs. I will have to cancel the gym membership, but we don't use it since I am home at nights with the baby.

Today was weigh in. Lost another 1.6 pounds. Down to 19.4. I guess that I will be reaching my goal of 30 pounds by the end of the year. So I decided to make it 40 pounds by the end of the year! I am thinking of buying a treadmill since I can't go to the gym to use theirs. I will have to cancel the gym membership, but we don't use it since I am home at nights with the baby.

Great job! :thumbsup2 We are going to put a treadmill in our living room temporarily until we get the basement cleaned out.

I've been slacking the last 4-5 days. I completely stopped tracking. :headache: My son's birthday was this week so we had pizza and of course dessert! Then the leftover dessert... you can see where that is going. So I haven't been as "bad" as I was before but I don't know that I will see much of a loss on Tuesday... hopefully not a gain. If I do, well I earned it. lol

I've been doing schoolwork all morning and I think it's time I get off my butt and try one of my new workout videos. I will check back later and let you all know how badly I hurt myself! :lmao:

Great job! :thumbsup2 We are going to put a treadmill in our living room temporarily until we get the basement cleaned out.

I've been slacking the last 4-5 days. I completely stopped tracking. :headache: My son's birthday was this week so we had pizza and of course dessert! Then the leftover dessert... you can see where that is going. So I haven't been as "bad" as I was before but I don't know that I will see much of a loss on Tuesday... hopefully not a gain. If I do, well I earned it. lol

I've been doing schoolwork all morning and I think it's time I get off my butt and try one of my new workout videos. I will check back later and let you all know how badly I hurt myself! :lmao:

Thanks! I have been trying to track even when I have been bad. Let us know which videos you used and if you liked them.

Ok. Well thank God it was only a 20 minute DVD. I was dying by the end and the only thing that kept me going was Jillian saying only a couple more minutes! I hope I can keep this up every day. This was the first time I worked out in um, years. How do I figure out activity points for something like this?

On a much more positive note, my husband found a home gym on craigslist for $60 that sells for $500! So we are going to go pick that up tonight! :)

Thanks! I have been trying to track even when I have been bad. Let us know which videos you used and if you liked them.

I used Jillian's 30 day Shred today. I liked it. There were modifications I could do to pretty much every move to make it easier if I needed to and by the end I needed to! But the dvd is only 20 minutes long so I didn't give up. If it had been longer I might have. It is easy to do the moves and she helps guide you through them so you don't hurt yourself. I could see where this could get boring but as you progress there are 2 more workouts that increase in difficulty.

I also bought her yoga dvd and 6 pack abs (I think). I think I'm just going to stick with this one for now though. Those 2 are longer, 30 min and 55 min I think.

Yay! Down 3.6, for a total of 12.0 so far. I know it's mostly water and the getting adjusted to returning to the program, but it's encouraging!

Congrats to everyone, and best wishes for an on-plan weekend!

bumbershoot said:
I hit 40.6 lost today! Pretty exciting!

Congrats!

I had a semi non scale victory yesterday...on Saturdays I work at my girlfriends cupcake store...well, I managed to not eat everything in sight( for once) had one mini cupcake and tracked it...first Saturday in a long time I've managed to stay within my points! Woot woot!

We had steamed crabs yesterday, which I know will make me retain fluids. But this morning my weight was the same as yesterday, so that's encouraging! Dgd's birthday party is today so we are having a light lunch (one leftover crab each plus watermelon), so I can have pizza at the party.

Congrats to all on the good weight loss reports.

Been away for a few weeks with the boys camps, and prepping for back to school.

WI today and I was down an additional 3.2 lbs, losing all 6 lbs I gained on my three and a half week vacation in FL in July!! Was very excited for that! Just 3.7lbs more to hit the 10% target (unfortunately again), then 18.3lbs to goal!

I've found a cute motivator that I have right in my kitchen of a just 2 small jars - one filled with glass beads. The one with glass beads has on it "Pounds to Lose" the other "Pounds Lost". Every time I lose a pound I move a bead to the "lost" jar. I really enjoy seeing the beads collecting in that jar, especially when I want to grab a night time snack. After cleaning up after dinner, I put the jars front and center on my counter so I have to see it to get to the fridge.

Hope everyone has been having great weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter