Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

I lost 1 lb this week. I'm 2.4 lbs away from my pre-vacation weight (44.8 lbs total lost). I was so hoping that I was over that this week. (My birthday next Wednesday I was hoping to be at the 45 lbs mark.)

My knee is score so I haven't run since Thursday and only walked a few times this week, plus a family reunion was Saturday. I have come a long way and I'm not giving up! I'm going to jump over this and keep moving!!

-Stephanie

Hi everyone! I've been MIA for a while but finally feel like I've got it together- attending meetings and joined the gym! :faint: I was playing with the same 5 pounds FOREVER and week before last (week one of the gym) I lost 3.2 and THIS week (week 2 of the gym) I lost 6 pounds. :thumbsup2 I'm working really hard... I don't expect those kinds of losses every week, but it sure is a nice jump start!!!

I went to work last night and one of the women I hadn't seen in a while did a double take and said "You've lost weight.!" it was so nice to know that others notice. I'm only down about 16 pounds so I'm a little surprised its noticeable at all. It was such a great feeling! :)

I went to work last night and one of the women I hadn't seen in a while did a double take and said "You've lost weight.!" it was so nice to know that others notice. I'm only down about 16 pounds so I'm a little surprised its noticeable at all. It was such a great feeling! :)

That is the best feeling in the world!

6a13c91b.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hi, Everyone!!! WOW - what a fantastic group!!!

I'm starting back at WW this week. Started and stopped once before doing the online tools only. Don't think I had the determination it took plus the online boards just were not that supportive. Leave it to the great (No OUTSTANDING) Disers to have such a support thread!! Looking forward to this journey with all of you.

My starting weight is 192. My "weigh in" is on Fridays and looks like I'll have a 2 pound loss but I'll let you know tomorrow am. My goal is to get back to 140 - this was the weight I was before DH and I started dating 20 years ago!!! lol

Our next disney trip will be in March 2013 for a work meeting and a few days of vacation. Then back, hopefully, in Dec for Christmas. I really want to look great for the March trip - no more pics I feel embarassed by.

Everyone have a great day!!

I lost 1 lb this week. I'm 2.4 lbs away from my pre-vacation weight (44.8 lbs total lost). I was so hoping that I was over that this week. (My birthday next Wednesday I was hoping to be at the 45 lbs mark.)

My knee is score so I haven't run since Thursday and only walked a few times this week, plus a family reunion was Saturday. I have come a long way and I'm not giving up! I'm going to jump over this and keep moving!!

-Stephanie

Yep, no giving up. :thumbsup2

I am so inspired when I read this thread! Thanks for your posts everybody!

WI earlier this week was a little disappointing - I maintained exactly the same weight as last week. I was a little disappointed, but I decided to figure out why I didn't lose instead of feel sorry for myself. :). I think some of it had to do with TOM; I was lazy about tracking every single thing; and I didn't exercise every day, which I think will be necessary for me (even for 20 minutes or so). I also need to drink more water and turn to veggies and fruit when I feel hungry, before other choices.

It's helpful to see what works for all of you.

I'm excited to have school start, because it will mean more routine and some time during the day when I can exercise while my two older kids are at school.

I'm starting back at WW this week. Started and stopped once before doing the online tools only. Don't think I had the determination it took plus the online boards just were not that supportive. Leave it to the great (No OUTSTANDING) Disers to have such a support thread!! Looking forward to this journey with all of you.

My starting weight is 192. My "weigh in" is on Fridays and looks like I'll have a 2 pound loss but I'll let you know tomorrow am. My goal is to get back to 140 - this was the weight I was before DH and I started dating 20 years ago!!! lol

Our next disney trip will be in March 2013 for a work meeting and a few days of vacation. Then back, hopefully, in Dec for Christmas. I really want to look great for the March trip - no more pics I feel embarassed by.

Good for you for making the decision! You and I are within 10 lbs of our starting weight and goal. I'm 6 weeks in and have lost 10.6 lbs. I am coming off a vacation (gained only .2 lb.) and am having a little trouble getting back in the saddle--BUT today is the day. I've planned my meals and am determined to get back on track. My weigh in is next Monday so I have a few days to get myself psyched up. Good luck!

I know what you mean about the pics. I keep thinking how much better I'll look in our pics next April.

I have desperately searched for a full body pic of myself for the contest that WW is running and the only one I can find was taken at Disney. Thing is, you can't have anything in the pic that identifies a brand, so I have to get the castle out of the background. :) I wish I knew how. I've tried a few online editing tools and it isn't going well. :confused3 Like my dd said, "We spent so many years hiding from the camera, always having a kid or something else in front of us, that we don't have any full body 'before' photos." (Her "after" photo is gorgeous though.)

WDWRids - I also started at exactly 192, and have lost about 5 lbs in 3 weeks. But other than my 5% goal, I haven't set a final goal. I don't have a "before" image, as I've always been heavier than I would have liked. But the lowest I remember being is 155, so I'm going with that.

Honestly, I'm scared to set a goal for anything less, because a) it doesn't seem possible, and b) I don't want to fail.

Good for you for making the decision! You and I are within 10 lbs of our starting weight and goal. I'm 6 weeks in and have lost 10.6 lbs. I am coming off a vacation (gained only .2 lb.) and am having a little trouble getting back in the saddle--BUT today is the day. I've planned my meals and am determined to get back on track. My weigh in is next Monday so I have a few days to get myself psyched up. Good luck!

We can do this!!! Great job only gaining .2 lb while on vacation!! Impressive!!! I'll be behind ya in pounds lost but we can support one another! Thanks for the encouragement!

I know what you mean about the pics. I keep thinking how much better I'll look in our pics next April.

I have desperately searched for a full body pic of myself for the contest that WW is running and the only one I can find was taken at Disney. Thing is, you can't have anything in the pic that identifies a brand, so I have to get the castle out of the background. :) I wish I knew how. I've tried a few online editing tools and it isn't going well. :confused3 Like my dd said, "We spent so many years hiding from the camera, always having a kid or something else in front of us, that we don't have any full body 'before' photos." (Her "after" photo is gorgeous though.)

So true - I have very, very few pics of me. I'm usually the one taking as I hate to be in them!!! BUT NO MORE!!! Can photobucket or flickr edit out the castle?

Congrats to your DD!!! How much to she drop? Through WW?

WDWRids - I also started at exactly 192, and have lost about 5 lbs in 3 weeks. But other than my 5% goal, I haven't set a final goal. I don't have a "before" image, as I've always been heavier than I would have liked. But the lowest I remember being is 155, so I'm going with that.

Honestly, I'm scared to set a goal for anything less, because a) it doesn't seem possible, and b) I don't want to fail.

So agree!!! I'm going to try not to focus on the big goal but try to focus on one to two pounds each week and take it week by week. 5 lbs in 3 weeks is great - congrats to you!!! Other than recording everything you eat - what has been the key change for you?

So after 16 days in Britain and Ireland my post-vacation weigh-in was today.

While gone I didn't pay any mind to what I ate. All of our package inclusive dinners included alcoholic drinks, appetizer (didn't see ONE salad while I was there) and dessert. Plus DBF and I got homemade ice cream just about everywhere we went, we ate McDonald's and BK for lunches and I couldn't pass a starbucks without getting a Mocha Light (weird because I can't remember the last time I had one at home).

So I was basically expecting a 2 or 3lb gain at minmum. I only had a 1.6lb gain. I'll take it! :thumbsup2 Hopefully by next week that will be gone and I'll be back to where I was before vacation. :) I feel fortunate to have only gained that little amount considering all of the junk I ate.

I tell ya though, it feels good to be back in a routine again!

So true - I have very, very few pics of me. I'm usually the one taking as I hate to be in them!!! BUT NO MORE!!! Can photobucket or flickr edit out the castle?

Congrats to your DD!!! How much to she drop? Through WW?

I'm using photobucket and my pic just looks so sloppy. I keep tweaking it.

Dd1 (online) has lost 44.6 (but only 10 on WW; she started Medifast in Jan. and lost 40, then regained 5, then joined WW online in June)
Dd2 (attends meetings) has lost 50.4.
I've lost 47.6.

We are quickly approaching 150 cumulative pounds off!
(And dh has lost about 20 since I joined, partly because I cook differently and partly because he is trying to supportive. But mostly because he is a man and can eat huge bowls of ice cream and potato chips and weigh less the next morning.)

While gone I didn't pay any mind to what I ate. All of our package inclusive dinners included alcoholic drinks, appetizer (didn't see ONE salad while I was there) and dessert. Plus DBF and I got homemade ice cream just about everywhere we went, we ate McDonald's and BK for lunches and I couldn't pass a starbucks without getting a Mocha Light (weird because I can't remember the last time I had one at home).

So I was basically expecting a 2 or 3lb gain at minmum. I only had a 1.6lb gain. I'll take it! :thumbsup2 Hopefully by next week that will be gone and I'll be back to where I was before vacation. :) I feel fortunate to have only gained that little amount considering all of the junk I ate.

You probably did a lot of walking and that helped to offset the extra food. I bet you will have that 1.6 off by next week. And yeah, you are right, getting back to the right food does feel good. Just two days at the beach and I was really tired of the stuff I was eating.

Awesome! I am hoping for not much of a gain when we go on our cruise in December. I am actually going to use the gym onboard. Well, I kinda have to since the 1/2 marathon is a month after the cruise.

Last week I was .2 away from my 10%. Well at weigh in tonight, I was down 2.4, so I made my 10% loss!!!!

I am so glad I joined WW. I joined at the beginning of the summer after seeing one particular photo of myself dancing at an outdoor festival. I should probably put on the same outfit and have DH take another picture so I can track the changes. If I hadn't joined, I would most likely not have lost this weight, and would be in the same position I was in a few months ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter