Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

I had my weigh in on Wednesday. My first full week after being back from Disney and I was down 1.7 pounds! :yay:

October is going to be challenging when it comes to losing the rest of what I gain there. DS has a birthday next week, our Thanksgiving Weekend is next weekend, I have a training session to go to and there will be food, and I've got another weekend away later in the month. :crazy2:

One meal at a time, I guess.

Way in today - DOWN 1.8 pounds!!!!:cool1: I'm so excited!! Feels good to get back into action after my vacation....

Worked really hard this week to get in more fruits and veggies.

Got to do lots of research this weekend for better dinner recipes......I struggle with dinner. Gonna access the etools but do any of you use other sites for healthly receipts?

Thanks

Occasionally I get recipes off websites but mostly, I get mine from a cookbook called Looneyspoons Collection. There are some great recipes in there. You might be able to get it from the library. I got my copy from Costco. It's low fat and healthy food.

Got to do lots of research this weekend for better dinner recipes......I struggle with dinner. Gonna access the etools but do any of you use other sites for healthly receipts?

Thanks

Have you seen www.laaloosh.com or www.dashingdish.com Both are WW pts friendly-- list them right in each recipe for you.

Good luck with your race tomorrow! :cheer2: We're cheering for you!

Thanks! The weather wasn't supposed to cooperate, but now it looks like it will! :)

Thought i would join in.
I joined WW 9/18 went to my second mtg this past tuesday and i was down 4.4 lbs!
I know a lot of that is water but it was still nice!
I am finding the plan fairly easy to stick to. I have a birthday oarty to attend this weekend so will see how that goes!

I went to my meeting today and weighed in. It looked like I was just going to my meeting without weighing in for a while this week as I was totally bloated and up A LOT. I weighed myself this morning and gave myself the OK to weigh at the meeting and I lost .8 lbs ... just shy of my 5lb goal. Oh well, I'll get it next week.

I have WI day tomorrow but have to WI at 11am instead of the usual 8 or 930 am. Normally, I don't eat before the weigh in. This week, I'm running a 5k and then quickly showering and running off to WW. I HAVE to eat before my race... I think it's going to mess with the numbers, though I guess running 3 miles prior to WI would mess with them in the opposite direction. Ya think it'll just cancel each other out? :confused3
I think that you will have gained some "weight" from running and your muscles holding onto water. I would recommend that you go to your meeting to keep on track but NOT weigh in. Congratulations on doing a 5K race!

robinb said:
You'll have 7 points per day from your weeklies plus you will be earning a number of points from walking. Maybe ... 15-20? I earn about 5 APs for walking about 2 miles. Are you on the DDP?

Yes, I'm on the QS plan. I'm going to try simply filling for the next week or so and see if it works for me, I used to LOVE it when it was "Core" so this might be the way for me to go..thanks

bumbershoot said:
Yes, those will be problematic. :) Can you share the treats? You might actually *want* to; I know that I can't eat the bulk that I used to, and super-sugary things don't make me feel good with a lot less of it eaten nowadays.

Yes, I've already considered sharing, or just it throwing out after a bite or two...but I hate to waste...:)

keahgirl8 said:
I allowed myself at least one treat per day, and did my best to track. I did have a cinnamon roll. I cut it in half before I ever started eating and took the other half back to the hotel for breakfast the next day. That, along with all the walking, allowed me to lose over 3 pounds.

That's a good idea. Great job on the 3lb loss too!

Yes, I'm on the QS plan. I'm going to try simply filling for the next week or so and see if it works for me, I used to LOVE it when it was "Core" so this might be the way for me to go..thanks
I don't think the QS plan will be that much of a temptation. The desserts are terrible! We tried them and threw most of them away.

It's not the QS desserts I'm worried about (I usually get a second drink instead of a dessert) it's more the snack credits. I'm sure I'm over analyzing everything, but it's the first time to the world since I've been back on program, and I'm determined to succeed this time!

It's not the QS desserts I'm worried about (I usually get a second drink instead of a dessert) it's more the snack credits. I'm sure I'm over analyzing everything, but it's the first time to the world since I've been back on program, and I'm determined to succeed this time!

Take a look here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2853528 and you can scout out ahead of time where you can get fruit for a snack point. Then just walk right on past all those places that don't offer fruit so you won't be tempted by the other stuff. I find deciding ahead of time what I'm going to do when I'm actually in the situation helps. Not always mind you, but most of the time.

I also went through all of the menus ahead of time. I made a list in my phone of what restaurants had something I could eat and what they had that I could eat.

Congrats on all the losses out there!

I've been doing WW since August 1 and have lost 11 pounds. It doesn't feel like much, but it's about a pound a week.

The trouble is, I'm starting to lose focus - I want to eat! :) And not veggies and fruit, either. Is there a way I can motivate myself? Doing really well with exercise (better than ever!), but wanting to go back to the way I ate before. (Logically, I know I can't do that without gaining!)

THANKS for your help!

Congrats to all the "losers" this week!
Well- last week I had been up .8 and THIS week- down 3.0 for a total of 33 lbs since 1st wk of May. :cool1:
Had my 5k prior to WI this morning and though it may seem obsessive- I conducted a scale "experiment" of what I weighed prior to eating and drinking some water before 5k and what I weighed after I drank / ate and did the 5k. Completely scientific of course :rotfl2:
In any case, it was a whole difference of .2 on my scale- I weighed .2 less after the 5k. So the whole thing of me thinking I might weigh more because of the eating or water retention with the race- didn't matter at all. Which just goes to show-- the micromanaging of the scale does nothing but make you nuts for no reason :rotfl2: It all evens out like we said the other day.
My 5k was good this morning though it felt "short" especially since my time was almost 10 minutes faster than it had been on my last 5k a few weeks ago! :confused3
I talked to other runners and some said that the course actually was .2 or .3 shorter than a "real" 5k. This one wasn't a certified course. Still- 10 minutes? They also said- that this course was a little bit easier course than what I had done a few weeks ago- that was a road one and this was an easier trail one with less hills. They said it was entirely possible that it was my TRUE time. I thought I had missed a loop somewhere and was feeling like I had inadvertently cheated. Nope, I actually did improve my time some because I've been running longer distances. Who knew? :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter