Weight Watchers Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok..I have to ask this question -- When you weigh at home, what are you wearing? Probably not the same thing as when you wear when you weigh in at Weight Watchers??? My guess is you're probably wearing a lot less at home ;). The addition of the clothes may be what is making the difference. :laughing:
Yes - I do weigh in A LOT less at home than at the meeting ;)

I weighed almost 5 pounds more at the weigh in last week than I did at home so I was not comparing my weight there to my weight at home

This week I weighed in on my scale at home at the same time and same attire ;) that I weighed in last week before my WW meeting to give me a baseline - and that number was down 6 pounds.

So I was hoping it would be similar at the meeting...BUT I did switch meeting locations so the different scale could be a factor!!!!

I am really excited now...I just had hoped for too much on the scale and my initial reaction was disappointment...but I got home and realized that I was being silly!!!!

I realized that in the past beating myself up over taking too long to lose the weight was part of my failure so now I am celebrating each pound I have gotten rid of!!

Our leader told us we aren't LOSING pounds we are getting rid of them - b/c anything lost can be found - so you should think of it as getting rid of them!

I DID IT :banana: - I can't believe it - I am doing intervals for my long runs so I ran 3 minutes, walked 1 minute. I averaged about a 14 minute mile, which for me is good! I only have to add 9 more miles to get to the 1/2 marathon, but I feel better about it after each run - it is amazing what you can do if you only try!

Thanks for asking!

awesome!! You'll get to that 13.1 miles in no time!! I need to transition back to running outside. I ran outside all the way up until Christmas, then I wimped out ;)and joined a gym to run on the treadmill since we had so much snow and ice. Now the snow and ice is gone, but it's still cold and I have become rather accustomed to running inside with out any wind, or rain, or snow etc!:rolleyes1

Ok, so I've had about as horrible of a weekend food wise as you can have :mad:. And the thing is I picked on crud all weekend, at least if I was going to eat it could have been something good. I was so good all week too. We had 80 degree temps all week then this weekend rain and maybe 40 as a high so the weather has been blah also. I feel kind of down too cause although I have lived in NC for 10 years I am missing my friends and family in NJ. I hope everyone else had a better weekend. :)
:hug:hang in there Stephanie. We all have days(weekends, weeks) like this. I've been there many times myself. best thing you can do is recognize it, learn from it and get back on that horse!
A few questions from a WW online person--I don't have the education ya'll get in the meetings so forgive me if this is common knowledge....

Just how important is it to get 6-8 glasses of water/liquids per day for weight loss? If you don't get them, is it harder to lose? On weekdays or days I work out I do ok w/ this, but have a tough time on weekends.

I've always been the person who can open the can of pop and sip on the same one all day. Feel bloated and nasty if I drink too much and just physically find it hard to do.

That being said, my losses have been minimal or non-existent the last few WI's, despite my strict adherance to tracking food.

Just how key is the water thing?

It is important to get the water in(if you don't like water, maybe try flavored seltzer water?)Too little water will lead to dehydration and water retention...your body needs water!

Hey Stephanie, it's like we were the same person all weekend. I didn't track at all. Just not in the mood. I had planned to run, but when you wake up and it's 15 degrees with a windchill of 5, you say you'll do it later. Later never came. Then, we ordered take away and I selected based on what I wanted, not on what would work. It's was two very bad days. But, today is a new day and we're back on track, right!

Congratulations on your long run Tammy!!! You're doing great.

Good luck finding points Jessie. For me, fruit is the answer!

hang in there Sandi! I give you extra credit for running outside all winter...sounds like yesterday was just too cold for anyone to be outside:cold:

My first weigh-in today and I lost 3.6 pounds! My scale at home said more so I was really disappointed at first but after I got home I realized it was still a great loss and I should be happy!!

yay! great job!:thumbsup2

Ok..I have to ask this question -- When you weigh at home, what are you wearing? Probably not the same thing as when you wear when you weigh in at Weight Watchers??? My guess is you're probably wearing a lot less at home ;). The addition of the clothes may be what is making the difference. :laughing:

Yes, usually weigh in my "birthday suit" in the morning but there almost always is only .6lb difference between home and clothes at the meeting. But sometimes I am really down at home and then a lot more at the meetings. The scale plays tricks with our minds, not very nice :mad:.

Had a pretty good loss this week of over 2lbs for a total of 13.8lbs gone forever! Whoohoo!

Also, I had a couple of triscuit crackers earlier knowing that I shouldn't be snacking on something I didn't know the PP of...well I was pleasantly surprised to find out that 6 of them is only 3pp so it didn't break me for the day! :cool1:

My boyfriend and I got approved for our first apartment together :banana: and are signing the papers Saturday afternoon...I need to start packing! It's so overwhelming to think about lol. I'm a little worried that I will have a hard time staying OP for the first few days we are in the new place since we will still be in transition...I'm hoping that we can find the time to cook at home those days though instead of ordering out!

Had a pretty good loss this week of over 2lbs for a total of 13.8lbs gone forever! Whoohoo!

Also, I had a couple of triscuit crackers earlier knowing that I shouldn't be snacking on something I didn't know the PP of...well I was pleasantly surprised to find out that 6 of them is only 3pp so it didn't break me for the day! :cool1:

My boyfriend and I got approved for our first apartment together :banana: and are signing the papers Saturday afternoon...I need to start packing! It's so overwhelming to think about lol. I'm a little worried that I will have a hard time staying OP for the first few days we are in the new place since we will still be in transition...I'm hoping that we can find the time to cook at home those days though instead of ordering out!

:cool1: Fabulous

congrats on the new home too. Do the best that you can, if you get a little derailed just make sure you get back on track when things settle down.

:wave: My best advise would be TRACK, TRACK TRACK oh yeah one more thing TRACK ;). Good luck!

I second that advice :thumbsup2 I always gain when I don't track. Drink your water and use your points!

Lost 2.2 lbs this week!! I was down a total of 5.4 Lbs for the 10 week challenge at work. I didn't win any money but I won because the scale went down!! :goodvibes

I second that advice :thumbsup2 I always gain when I don't track. Drink your water and use your points!

Lost 2.2 lbs this week!! I was down a total of 5.4 Lbs for the 10 week challenge at work. I didn't win any money but I won because the scale went down!! :goodvibes

WootWoot (insert high 5) Way to go!

Good Morning WW Friends,

Well I had an terrible day yesterday - I was so hungry all-day - I managed to stay on track through dinner - we even ate out - I had pork, broc and carrots and a baked sweet potato and 1/2 roll at Texas Roadhouse. Should have been enough, but when I got home the binge monster attacked. I think I ate 1/2 box reduce fat wheat thins (these are addicting), then I had a dish of cereal, then I hit the ice cream! Oh my - the scale shows my indulgence this morning, I am so mad at myself - I had a goal this week to be under 200 pounds by my weigh in on Saturday - don't know if I will make it or not (I know its not good to set a date for loss, but I was so excited) I have a few days left to salvage my efforts and if not this week, next week!

My home scale never matches what my meeting scale says - I keep track of my weight separately and don't even try to compare. I do weigh each morning wearing the same thing and at the same time. I know not to weigh at any other time of the day, it is always higher later in the day.

Back on track today - have a GREAT OP day!

Good Morning WW Friends,

Well I had an terrible day yesterday - I was so hungry all-day - I managed to stay on track through dinner - we even ate out - I had pork, broc and carrots and a baked sweet potato and 1/2 roll at Texas Roadhouse. Should have been enough, but when I got home the binge monster attacked. I think I ate 1/2 reduce fat wheat thins (these are addicting), then I had a dish of cereal, then hit the ice cream! Oh my - the scale shows my indulgence this morning, I am so mad at myself - I had a goal this week to be under 200 pounds by my weigh in on Saturday - don't know if I will make it or not (I know its not good to set a date for loss, but I was so excited) I have a few days left to salvage my efforts and if not this week, next week!

My home scale never matches what my meeting scale says - I keep track of my weight separately and don't even try to compare. I do weigh each morning wearing the same thing and at the same time. I know not to weigh at any other time of the day, it is always higher later in the day.

Sending you pixie dust for a wonderful day today! We all have those days, don't let them get you down- -keep moving forward and start everyday fresh! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)

Congrats :banana:

I just started weight watchers on Sunday. I'm hoping to lose 30 pounds. Any advice?

Here is what has helped me the most:

1. Planning - I plan my meals for the day the night before - if I don't then I tend to stray from the plan.

2. Like others have said - TRACK - I have a paper tracker that I use, and as I plan my meals, I write it down on the tracker - before I eat anything, I write it on my tracker

3. Be Honest - get yourself a set of measuring cups and a good scale and weigh and measure everything - it is amazing how we can overstimate a serving size.

Hope this helps - good luck with your weight loss - I love the WW program!

Good Morning WW Friends,

Well I had an terrible day yesterday - I was so hungry all-day - I managed to stay on track through dinner - we even ate out - I had pork, broc and carrots and a baked sweet potato and 1/2 roll at Texas Roadhouse. Should have been enough, but when I got home the binge monster attacked. I think I ate 1/2 box reduce fat wheat thins (these are addicting), then I had a dish of cereal, then I hit the ice cream! Oh my - the scale shows my indulgence this morning, I am so mad at myself - I had a goal this week to be under 200 pounds by my weigh in on Saturday - don't know if I will make it or not (I know its not good to set a date for loss, but I was so excited) I have a few days left to salvage my efforts and if not this week, next week!

:hug: Tammy! Well, as you have read we have been there and recently :rolleyes1. These things happen and I am glad you have picked yourself up. Don't let the number on the scale today determine anything. I am sure it's not accurate. Keep going and all of us make short term goals for ourselves which is good as long as they are realistic. Good luck and it probably won't end up being as bad as you think.

Hi everyone :) I just joined WW and went to my first meeting last night. I really need to get healthy and stop being so scared of weight-related diseases that I have family history with.

I am not helping myself by being so overweight. I am not setting a large # goal yet, but my 1st goal is that I want to lose my 5% (and hopefully more:)) by my DS and DD's birthday on June 14.

I'm excited for this thread!! Disney and WW, what can be better:thumbsup2

Hi everyone :) I just joined WW and went to my first meeting last night. I really need to get healthy and stop being so scared of weight-related diseases that I have family history with.

I am not helping myself by being so overweight. I am not setting a large # goal yet, but my 1st goal is that I want to lose my 5% (and hopefully more:)) by my DS and DD's birthday on June 14.

I'm excited for this thread!! Disney and WW, what can be better:thumbsup2

HELLO, glad you joined us. WW and this thread Rocks!! I also have a family history of weight related illnesses, thankfully I hadn't yet had a problem with any but it worried me all the time. Good luck, keep us posted on your progress.

ok, so I'm probably not suppose to annouce that, but this birthday was the inspiration for my final WW venture. On October 15, 2009 I walked into my local WW meeting.....again. My goal was to lose 71 lbs by my 40th birthday. Well, here we are today and and although I am shy of 10lbs away from my goal. This is the best birthday present I could give myself!!! I am a broken record but thank you to everyone here for all your support and keep going everyone we can all do this!!!! Now how to survive the day food wise :laughing:.

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ░H░A░P░P░Y░ ░B░I░R░T░H░D░A░Y░ ♪•**•.¸¸.*¨*•♫♪

Stephanie... Hope you have an amazing day!!! :)

That's an amazing feat!!! you should be so proud of yourself!

It's good to have goals and important reasons behind losing the weight. I knew that I didn't want to get pregnant and be at 250lbs, so i told my husband that we needed to attack our weight issues and be healthy before we decided to have children. I don't want to pass on my poor eating habits to a child and continue on this overweight rollercoaster. I want to be at under 200lbs (in the 100's) before we even try to get pregnant. And hopefully continue with a healthy lifestyle throughout the pregnancy. :)

So that's my goal! And I think it's a great one!

ok, so I'm probably not suppose to annouce that, but this birthday was the inspiration for my final WW venture. On October 15, 2009 I walked into my local WW meeting.....again. My goal was to lose 71 lbs by my 40th birthday. Well, here we are today and and although I am shy of 10lbs away from my goal. This is the best birthday present I could give myself!!! I am a broken record but thank you to everyone here for all your support and keep going everyone we can all do this!!!! Now how to survive the day food wise :laughing:.

:yay:HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:yay: You should be so proud of yourself and all of your accomplishments! You are such an amazing support for those of us on this thread that have just started our journeys - I hope you have a fantastic day and it's very special for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter