Weight Watchers Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
-chicken souvlaki gyros whole wheat pita (2 pts) grilled chicken breast tenderloins (use about 1 oz, so 1 pt) lettuce tomato and onion and the best thing ever, tzatziki sauce (greek yogurt cucumber dip) 1/4 c is only 1 pt! and you don't even need near that much. I made Alexia sweet potato fries (3 pts) with it, the whole meal was 7 pts!

QUOTE]

That sounds awesome!!! Where do you get the tzatziki sauce at? Do you make it yourself using greek yogurt? I've seen the yogurt, but didn't know what it tasted like so I haven't tried it yet. Is it sour or sweet?

I did really well today. I had a waste of points for breakfast of which I won't make that mistake again, did well for lunch and dinner and not snacking today. Made my points and didn't go over :goodvibes

Tomorrow may be another story. DS has a basketball dinner at a local bar/grill and I have no idea what they serve. Oh well, I have weeklies to use so I will just go light for lunch and breakfast.

-chicken souvlaki gyros whole wheat pita (2 pts) grilled chicken breast tenderloins (use about 1 oz, so 1 pt) lettuce tomato and onion and the best thing ever, tzatziki sauce (greek yogurt cucumber dip) 1/4 c is only 1 pt! and you don't even need near that much. I made Alexia sweet potato fries (3 pts) with it, the whole meal was 7 pts!

QUOTE]

That sounds awesome!!! Where do you get the tzatziki sauce at? Do you make it yourself using greek yogurt? I've seen the yogurt, but didn't know what it tasted like so I haven't tried it yet. Is it sour or sweet?

I buy the tzatziki at our local Hannaford market, it is made by Cedars. It is in the section with the hummus and cheeses etc near the deli. I am going to try making it myself at some point, or I may try to find a store locally that has it homemade. We have a big Greek festival every year, I may try to get some then. I use it as a dip as well, really great with raw bell peppers.

I have some good news and some bad news.

Good news first! I was able to do a roll over today in my pilates class. It is something I have been struggling with. Between my tummy and my wussy core strength I was just able to do it "assisted". For those of you who don't know what it is, you lay on your back with your feet straight up in the air and then you lift your butt off the mat and bring your feet up over your head like this:
yj200403_spot3.jpg

Anyway ... I have been able to do it from a sitting position and then rolling back for momentum and ending up with my feet over my head. I did it that way to get the stretch in my back and to strengthen my core when I would lower my butt back to the floor. I would try to do it from a laying position once or twice a class ... just to get as far as I could. Well, today I did it! I still needed to swing my legs a bit for momentum but I got my butt off the mat and my legs over my head :cool1:. It's only taken me 3 months :rolleyes:.

Now the bad news. I didn't have time for breakfast and I was pretty hungry after my pilates class. I passed by the Subway where I know I can get a healthy meal and went to the Cousin's Subs instead because I really like their hot pepper relish. I got what I would usually get at Subway (a ham a cheese) and ate it when I got home. It was pretty good. I just went to enter the points into my online tracker and it was ... 15 points! OMG :scared1:. I had NO idea. And I already had a dinner out planned (my DD's pre swim meet carbo loading pasta meal with the team) and my weigh in is tomorrow :sad2:. I guess I'm going to use those activity points today.

Congratulations on your pilates victory, Robin!

How frustrating that the sandwich was not what you were expecting, points-wise. How can two similar sandwiches be so different??? Don't worry too much about it - it is only one meal in the course of your life and now you know. You may even feel less hungry this afternoon and evening. Same thing with the W/I tomorrow - try not to worry to much about it before or after - it's just data for you, not a pass/fail grade.

Exciting news for me as well...well, sort of exciting. I finally got Lifetime membership at WW last night! It's only taken me....10 years. Not that I was on the program that whole time, but I did try and stop short lots of times before following through to Lifetime.

Thanks to everyone who has shared meal ideas - they all sound so good!

My boss and his wife joined WW last yr and have done great, he offered to pay for my membership and give me a bonus if I hit goal :cool1: You know where that money will lead me hehehe

I had my first weigh in last night and have lost 4.4 lbs still have at least 50 to go. I am not sure what my final goal will be and I am a little nervous about picking it. I have never been 130 lbs so I don't know if I will get anywhere close to that. I really would be happy around 160.

I would love to gain ideas from you all...

Good morning everyone! I weighed in today and was down 3 :woohoo:. I did really well this week with tracking everything. I only had one day where I was out of control, but I wrote it down anyway.

Last night I started the C25K training program last night. I don't like to exercise and I don't like to run, so hopefully I can complete this as I would really like to enjoy running and run a 5K somtime later in the year.

What do you all eat for breakfast? I work from home, so I have acess to food (which is a definate downfall). I normally have an egg & cheese sandwhich - 1/4 c egg beaters, 1 slices 2% cheese and a toasted sandwhich thin. Very good, but I have it almost every day. Other days I may have 1 C multi grain cheerios.

Any other ideas? Preferably no more than 5pts for breakfast.

Good morning everyone! I weighed in today and was down 3 :woohoo:. I did really well this week with tracking everything. I only had one day where I was out of control, but I wrote it down anyway.

Last night I started the C25K training program last night. I don't like to exercise and I don't like to run, so hopefully I can complete this as I would really like to enjoy running and run a 5K somtime later in the year.
Yay for you!!! :cool1: What a great weight loss! My weigh-in is in a couple of hours :).

As for the C25K, I found week one to be really hard. Week 2 was much easier and Week 3 is also easy. My life got really busy and I have to re-do Week 3 next week.

Exciting news for me as well...well, sort of exciting. I finally got Lifetime membership at WW last night! It's only taken me....10 years. Not that I was on the program that whole time, but I did try and stop short lots of times before following through to Lifetime.
Only sort of exciting? That is TOTALLY exciting. I hope to be able to share that "sort of exciting" news someday :laughing:.

I had my first weigh in last night and have lost 4.4 lbs still have at least 50 to go. I am not sure what my final goal will be and I am a little nervous about picking it. I have never been 130 lbs so I don't know if I will get anywhere close to that. I really would be happy around 160.
Great weight loss! Did they set a goal weight for you already? Or did you just pick 130 on your own? I know that my leader has not said a single thing about goal weight and I don't think she will until I get closer to it.

SO ... I went to my meeting today and lost another 1.2 lbs for a total of 9 lbs in 8 weeks :cool1:.

Here is a poem that our leader shared with us last year. I found it online and I thought I would share it here.

If I Lost One Pound A Week Of 2010!

By Valentine's Day, I'd be 7 pounds lighter. I'm loving it!

By St. Patrick's Day, I'd be ll pounds lighter.
With the luck of the Irish, I'll make my goal!

By Easter, I'd be 16 pounds lighter.
I'd be a cute bunny!

By Memorial Day, I'd be 23 pounds lighter!
Won't let it rain on my parade!

By Flag Day, I'd be 25 pounds lighter.
Boy, could I wave my flag, then!

By Independence Day, I'd be 27 pounds lighter.
That's a great independence from over eating!

By Labor Day, I'd be 36 pounds lighter.
What a wonderful reward for my hard work!

By Columbus Day, I'd be 41 pounds lighter.
What a joy to discover what I can do!

By Halloween, I'd be 44 pounds lighter.
I didn't think I had a ghost of a chance!

By Thanksgiving, I'd be 47 pounds lighter.
I have so much to be thankful for!

By Christmas Eve, I'd be 51 pounds lighter.
Talk about being merry!

By New Year's Eve, I'd be 52 pounds lighter.
It's not just a new year, it's a new ME!

Persistence: Challenges are what make life interesting, overcoming them is what makes life more meaningful! Ralph Waldo Emerson

Achievement: It's hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed! Theodore Roosevelt

Success: The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed!

You can see the big picture with one little pound loss, a week, can do by the next New Year! You look like a different person! You'll be a new ME! Don't give up or fret about one pound loss, because slow and steady wins the race!

Robin - Thanks for your comment on Lifetime! :hug: I am already looking forward to celebrating when YOU get it!

Also, I LOVE that 1lb a week poem! So many people say "only one pound," but I lost an average of 1 pound per week in 2009 (pretty much following the losses as laid out in that poem!) and here is the end result:

I ran the WDW Half Marathon in January 2009 in 2:59

P1100650-1.jpg

I lost an average of 1 lb per week and ran the 2009 WDW Half in 2:13. The pictures are terrible because it was sooo cold that day and it was so early. But I maintained my weight loss through last weekend when I ran the Disney Princess Half Marathon in 2:10. This photo was taken in just about the same place and I am wearing the exact same shirt, even:

P3070063.jpg

One pound a week may not sound like much but it really shows if you do it enough times in a row.

What do you all eat for breakfast? I work from home, so I have acess to food (which is a definate downfall). I normally have an egg & cheese sandwhich - 1/4 c egg beaters, 1 slices 2% cheese and a toasted sandwhich thin. Very good, but I have it almost every day. Other days I may have 1 C multi grain cheerios.

Congrats on the loss... 3 lbs gone forever... Good luck with your new training program....

For breaky I have been having yougart and kashi cereal... then some fruit salad a little later... I am not a morning person so eating in the morning is really hard for me.. I find if I pack it to work and eat it as soon as I get here I am ok ... silly I know.. but hey at least I am eating..

I would love to hear other ideas for breaky especially for weekends when I am home..

Great weight loss! Did they set a goal weight for you already? Or did you just pick 130 on your own? I know that my leader has not said a single thing about goal weight and I don't think she will until I get closer to it.

SO ... I went to my meeting today and lost another 1.2 lbs for a total of 9 lbs in 8 weeks :cool1:.

!

They have not set a goal for me yet and I am not sure how it really works, I read thru the books and it looks like you do your first 2 smaller goals (which I think is great, I need to take baby steps :) ) So losting 11 lbs then 22 lbs are my first two goals then do we talk to the ww leader and pick a goal? I am new to this so I have no idea... I did look up my hight etc and it said high range about 131... guess I need to be taller ...

Congrats on another 1.2 lbs... ...

Good job on the three pound loss and the first week on you C25K. It is a good program, just stick with it!

Morning is the same for me every day. I have Fiber One, with cinnamon, blueberries, and milk before I go to work. Then I have a banana (still my favorite part of the morning) as a midmorning snack. I find that automating my breakfast and lunch (vegetable salad, with cottage cheese and wasa crackers) really helps me get out of the house in the morning and takes the guess work out of menu planning and grocery shopping. It also makes tracking the points easier.

I am sooooo out of shape! The C25K is kicking my butt! I've done two days of it now and both time had to stop half way through for a few minutes and then continue on. I may have to repeat week one again. :goodvibes

I made an awesome lunch I thought I would share. I took a bag of shrimp and cooked that with a bag of frozen stir fry veggies, then added a little teriyaki sauce to it. Served it over Jasmine rice. So yummy!!!

Hi everyone, I have been back on WW for 3 week (tomorrow). I was on a few years ago and lost around 35lbs. but, gained it all back. This time I am doing it with DH and I am aiming to do the princess half marathon next year!

Corinna, WOW that is so inspiring! Way to go!

Melknor, I have been eating those new bagel thins with some egg beaters. I put the egg beaters in a gladware bowl and microwave it for a minute. It is really good. Sometimes I use cheese too. Without the cheese it is 2pts. That would leave enough for some fruit and milk and still be in your 5 pts.
I also will do a fruit and spinach or kale smoothie. Sounds gross but, you can't taste the greens. Even my DS loves them and he doesn't eat anything!

I just finished my WK c25k today!

I just found this thread and it seems like a great place to find support and stay motivated.

I re-joined WW in January and have lost 12.2 lbs. I would like to lose at least 29 more. My first goal is to be in better shape for our April Disney trip. We're going to the water parks and I don't want to be huffing and puffing my way up the stairs!

I did WW online a few years ago and lost about 20 lbs but slowly put it back on. I am determined to reach my goal this time and stay there so I can be healthy for myself and my family.

Ok, I love this thread! I just joined WW on Jan 24th when I realized I had gone over 200lbs. So far, I have lost 21lbs. I am working out every day and fell better than I have in years. I am doing it on-line, so I do miss the interaction with other members, so I am so glad to find this thread.

Hi everyone! I just joined WW (for the second time) last friday(3/5). When I weighed in they still had me in their system so I started at a +35! I had another child since then but it was still hard to see it in black and white.

I had my second weigh in on this past friday and lost 4lbs! I have been eating my points and even working out at least every other day. This weekend has been the hardest so far, as I started my period on friday and I have major cravings and am wanting to eat. Thankfully I have been making good choices and I know the hardest days are behind me.

I have the monthly ePass and am also going to meeting and I have the iPhone app.

I hope everyone has a good week!

hope you all don't mind if I jump in here with you all!
I joined WW in Jan 09.. I lost 35 pounds by June of 09 and then I fell "off the wagon" and stopped going.. by Nov 09 I gained 15 pounds back and went back to meetings. I'm down 25 pounds since November and have another 30 to go to get to goal. Lost real quick til January and i've been a bad girl lately, but I've been forcing myself to keep going to meetings because I know that *I* need them and that if I wasn't I would be gaining right now instead of staying the same/Loosing reaaaaaly slowly....
Anyway, nice to meet you all!!! :)

Hi,
I just joined WW this past Satrurday 3/13. I'm so glad to have found this thread and just wanted to say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter