Weighted blankets; do they work?

I have one and I love sleeping under it (soooo cozy) but after a week or so, I realized that it was making my sciatica worse. I rarely get flareups but every night under that blanket … I had one. So I put it away and no problems since. Too bad, because I really loved it.

I have one and it does help me with sleep. However, I recommend buying one from a Etsy. I bought one from a lady there and she does an excellent job of sewing the beads into 4x4 squares so the weight is distributed evenly.

I tried one given by DH to me (can't remember brand). It was mid-weight, sized for someone my weight etc. and filled with small glass beads I think. It had a bamboo cover which was supposed to keep me from overheating, a big deal for me.

I tried it three nights before giving up. The first night was very comfortable but seemed heavy on my legs especially. I woke up the next morning having slept the night through but my whole body felt extremely stiff; evidently I didn't move much during the night. It took a few hours for the stiffness to disappear. The second night was a bit better but I still felt some stiffness. And the third night was no different. We returned it.

I did not. I tried one a friend had and it felt so heavy on me, I didn't like it.
They come in different weights, and I've settled on getting a 12 lb. if I get one. I wonder if your friend's was just too heavy for you? I've been battling insomnia and was hoping you were going to tell me you got one and it helped.

They come in different weights, and I've settled on getting a 12 lb. if I get one. I wonder if your friend's was just too heavy for you? I've been battling insomnia and was hoping you were going to tell me you got one and it helped.

Yes, she is quite heavier than me. I believe it might have been 16 pounds so maybe that is why it felt so suffocating. Maybe I should rethink about getting a lighter one. They're just so expensive, ugh.

Ive heard about this and i find it fascinating. I wanted to try this out for myself. I believe it would work because everytime my dentist puts that weighted xray bib on me, i feel soooo relaxed.

I really wanted a weighted blanket but the price has put me off... then my sister found out about a way to make a stretchy circular sheet that goes around the mattress and then compresses instead of weighing down so now we want to get some stretchy fabric and make her son one - and one for me too.

Amazon's site 'Woot' has a sale on them today. I picked one up for myself to try. Been wanting one for a very long time.

I don't use a real weighted blanket, but use a very thick fleece one DD made. It is two layers of a heavy fleece together.
And I do sleep better when I use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter