Weird Disney Quirks?

No wonder what our plans are we always go to MK on the first day. Even if it's just ot walk in and see the castle. It's not DISNEY untill you see the caslte.

WHAT???? I didn't know this. We didn't stop there this past trip, but every other prior to this we did and always got this. Do they still have it at Tortuga Tavern?

I enjoyed one on our last trip in November but have read since here and on the menus that it is now gone. I've never been to Tortuga but just checked out their menu and it's gone there as well.

Two that come to mind is to take the boat to MK on the first day. We just like seeing the castle slowly get closer and closer. We always get a box of popcorn to share at wishes that evening.

And it it's not a disney holiday unless we got to CoP.

Almost too many to list, but Y&Y is our must do, Lazy River in the afternoon, pictures of animal rear ends on Kilimanjaro Safari, matching t-shirts...Now I need to plan a trip!

Lazy river??? I think I missed something. What is that?

My thing is to make sure I ride "It's a small world" at least once during my vacation. The strongest memory of my Mom (return to her creator 1997) going her first time (ya no I never got to go with her) was how much she loved It's a small world. So I vowed each time I go, to be with her, I get on that ride. My husband and son have rolled their eyes but now they just go along knowing they have to and honestly, DH will bring it up if I don't. LOL
When we were at WDW last year he said "ya we can wait a couple years before coming back" but it only took about 6 months before he agreed to go again.

Looking forward to my ride with Mom on October 29th.

I can't believe We're actually breaking one of our own Disney Quirks in 2 weeks.

This will be the 1st time on any trip that we will not be eating at 50's P/T cafe.....:confused::sad: Sad & bummed.....

We've always had nothing but great Cousins there, and very good meals....12 times I believe we've eaten here.

Does it count as quirks/traditions if you've only been twice?

Both times we make sure we make rope drop at MK on our first day (we drove, and stay off property the night before check-in so we can get up, get to our resort and get to MK before rope drop), and then our very first stop is The Chapeau for mouse ears (for the girls) and ball caps (for the guys).

I'm sure if we started going way more often (like I'd love to) we may stop the ear purchases, but our tradition of MK rope drop will always be my first day plan.

Love this thread! My first trip was in July 2014 and we just returned from our second! Both trips ended with the 2nd Fantasmic! show so this is now going to be our tradition. Our most recent trip started with MK and our first ride was Peter Pan. We took the ferry to MK and it was amazing. I plan to keep Peter Pan as our first ride on every trip. :)

MK first and last day. First day, take a pic in front of the Walt and Mickey statue. Then walk down main street through the shops. Take a pic in front of the castle. Then off to ride Pirates and Haunted Mansion (as many times that day as possible).

We try to get the last few rides at park closing on our last day on Kali River Rapids. We then have them change shirts in the car before heading off to fireworks somewhere else. One year we got five straight walk-around rides where we just went up the exit path and right back on.

Head straight to MK- frontierland, popcorn, then CoP, and TTA. I love riding the old rides to think about the beginning and all the generations that have walked through the parks. On one MK evening, make attempts to be riding splash during wishes-multiple times. I love pulling back into the loading area with the fireworks bursting right in front of me :) Also TTA at least three times in a row at the very end of the night when we usually have the whole car to ourselves.

Oh, and we take boats instead of buses whenever possible!

No matter what our plans are we always go to MK on the first day. Even if it's just ot walk in and see the castle. It's not DISNEY untill you see the caslte.
Our trip last week did not have us going to MK until the second day. We have never done that before and we probably won't do it again. We had a great dat at AK and night at EPCOT but I felt a bit twitchy about not seeing the castle first thing!

After I walk in the gates (no matter which park we go to first) I stop, take a deep breath, smile, let all of the outside troubles melt away, and think to myself we made it finally. We also have to get breakfast before the park opens so we casually stroll down the street and take in the quiet of the morning. Wish I was there.

There are "Lazy Rivers" at both Water parks, BB and Typhoon Lagoon. That is what we do instead of going back to the hotel for afternoon breaks. Nothing beats floating around on a tube! Each time we say "This is the Life!!!"

Oh ya!!! We haven't been to the water parks since 2002. I forgot about the Lazy River at BB. And the freezing cold water that gets sprayed at ya.
Or do I have that confused with the one we went on during a business trip? Anyway, I love Lazy Rivers but now that DH and I are older, we tend to stay pool side without children. :-) But nice to know. I also read that Beach Club has one, but a friend reported it was small.

After I walk in the gates (no matter which park we go to first) I stop, take a deep breath, smile, let all of the outside troubles melt away, and think to myself we made it finally. We also have to get breakfast before the park opens so we casually stroll down the street and take in the quiet of the morning. Wish I was there.

To some extent I do that passing through the gates of Walt Disney World and then again which ever park we go to first.
There is nothing like the feeling of being through a gate and knowing you are officially off duty from everyday life.
Thanks for helping me look forward to the end of October. It's been a crazy 2015,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter