Welcome, Foolish Mortals...to an October 2011 PTR! *Trip Report link is up, pg 71!!*

Nermel9

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone, and WELCOME to my 2nd PTR!!! I'm SO excited to finally start planning for our first October trip! First things first, introductions!

The "cast" of this trip will be me, Jen, crazy Disney freak:

IMG_1769.jpg

My first visit to Disney World was when I was just 7 years old and I've been obsessed ever since! This next trip will be my 9th time to the World!!! :eek: I love planning Disney trips, in fact, the only way I can leave Disney while I'm there, is knowing I can come home and book another trip as soon as possible! :rolleyes1

Some Disney favorites of mine are:
Favorite Disney Movie-Alice In Wonderland
Favorite Princess-Belle
Favorite Park-EPCOT!!!
Favorite Ride-Tie between Tower of Terror and Soarin!

Joining me will be my DH of almost 1 year, Brandon:

IMG_1963.jpg

Not QUITE as Disney obsessed as I am, but he's coming around! :banana: He keeps saying no more trips to Disney after each trip we take, but this will be his 5th trip since the first time we went together in 2008, so I'm guessing he likes it a little! :laughing:

Some Disney favorites of his are:
Favorite Disney character-Pumba (I had no idea, until I asked him this last night! Pumba??? Weird! :rotfl:)
Favorite Princess-Ariel
Favorite Park-Epcot!!
Favorite Ride-Expedition Everest!

Waiting for October to get here is especially hard this year, because this is the only trip we are taking this year! Last year, we had the luxury of going to WDW twice, once in May on our Disneymoon

IMG_1004.jpg

and again in November!

Photo0050FourBySix.jpg

Having to wait 11 months between last November and this October seems like a lifetime, considering last year I went in 6 month intervals! :rotfl: So I'm hoping this PTR can keep me busy for the next few months! I can't wait to get to know some new Disney friends and plan along with my old DIS friends at the same time! So please stop by, say hi, and follow along as I make plans, then most likely change these plans (as you will learn over the next few months, I am a chronic plan-changer!) and also attempt to lose weight for this trip (more on that in my next post :))!

Up next...when are we going, why are we going, and where are we staying?? (yes, I know a lot of you already know, but play along and pretend you don't!!! :rotfl2:)

Chapter Links!
1. When, Where and Why!
2. Losing Weight for Mickey (and myself!)
3. Disney Shopping!
4. Well, I did it...
5. Getting There
6. Happy Anniversary to me
7. A Year Ago...
8. Quick, Random Update!
9. ADR's, Finally!
10. Some changes, of course!
11. Just a small change...
12. Itinerary!
13. Stolen from my 2010 PTR!
14. Ugh
15. Random little things here and there!
16. I just did something crazy!!
17. Arrival Day Plans!!
18. More random things!
19. Day 2 Plans!
20. Day 3 Plans!
21. Trip Shopping!
22. Day 4 Plans!
23. Food and Wine Menus!
24. Day 5 Plans!
25. PIF!!!
26. Day 6 and some other things...
27. Day 7 Plans!
28. WHY, Disney???
29. Days 8 and 9!
30. Quick Little Update!
31. Departure Day :(
32. Need some advice!!
33. Welcome September!
34. Favorite Restaurants!
35. Some new stuff and a question!
36. Favorite little Disney Things!
37. MNSSHP!
38. Single Digits!!!
39. 2 DAYS!!!
40. 6.5 hours away!
41. We're Back!

Yay on starting your PTR! Have been keeping an eye out for it lol! :goodvibes

Looking forward to reading all about your ADRs and other plans :thumbsup2

Edit: And I'm finally first on one!!! :rotfl:

I'm here and I bet the next few months are going to go very, very fast. It's wonderful that you are getting to experience Disney in so many different seasons. Definitely take advantage of the different seasons before you have kids and you are stuck going during the summer and during school breaks. :rotfl:

Great pictures to kick it off!

I'm here!!!!

Can't wait to see all of the details :) The trip will be here before you know it. Now the question is..how many times will I go to WDW before you go back..right now I'm at 2 and counting!!!

I'm here! I'm here! :woohoo: I LOVE your title! It's perfect! :thumbsup2 I can't
wait to read all about it!!

the only way I can leave Disney while I'm there, is knowing I can come home and book another trip as soon as possible! :rolleyes1

I feel the exact same way!

Favorite Park-EPCOT!!!

AGREE!! :thumbsup2

Having to wait 11 months between last November and this October seems like a lifetime...

You think that's bad?? When we go in October, it will be 16 months since our last trip!!! That's REALLY bad! that's the longest I've had between trips since 2006. Totally stinks! But I'm planning on getting APs so there will be at least 2 more trips within the year. :cheer2:

Anyway, soooo glad you started your PTR, LOVE the title, and I'm excited to countdown together!!

I'm here, I'm here!

Love the title you ended up going with! :goodvibes

Soooooo excited to follow along as you plan for an October trip (now my #1 WDW goal)!

Joining in. I am so jealous you get to go in October. That is the one month I really want to make it to WDW.

I am already starting to feel a bit guilty about pulling Caitlin out of school again this year, so I doubt I'll ever make it there in Oct. I'll be stuck going in August or April:headache:

Losing weight sucks. I have been on WW for two weeks and all of the sudden I felt the need to eat everything today. I told John I was starving and wanted to eat everything and Caitlin comes running in the room and said "What did you stuff your face with today, MOMMY?":laughing: I really need to watch what I say around that kid. She's going to go to school and tell people her mother sits around all day and stuffs her face with everything in site.

Woohoo for a new PTR!

Next year I'll most likely be heading to Disney in April because my family's going and then again in May for my Disneymoon. Having to wait a LONG time before going again is going to be pretty difficult! Going to get so spoiled!

I jumped over when I saw you posted on Kathy's thread...cound me in! Are we going the same time? Oct 20-30 for us......

Okay I am here. I really enjoyed reading your TR so I figure this should be just as good.....:rotfl:

Hello Jen, from (another!) Jen! :lmao:

Absolutely LOVE your title, can't wait to hear more!

Yay on starting your PTR! Have been keeping an eye out for it lol! :goodvibes

Looking forward to reading all about your ADRs and other plans :thumbsup2

Edit: And I'm finally first on one!!! :rotfl:

Yay, so glad you're here, and first! :banana: I never get to be first on TR's/PTR's either, so I was excited the other day when I was first on Joni's! :rotfl:

I'm here and I bet the next few months are going to go very, very fast. It's wonderful that you are getting to experience Disney in so many different seasons. Definitely take advantage of the different seasons before you have kids and you are stuck going during the summer and during school breaks. :rotfl:

Great pictures to kick it off!

So happy you're here! I hope you're right, I hope the next few months fly by! I love going to Disney different times of the year, and you're right, when I have kids, I won't be able to go during any of the low crowd times anymore! Although, by the time I have kids, there might not be any times where the crowds are low anymore! :laughing: I kind of want to go during the summer, or a peak time, just to go to the parks late! MK til 3 in the mornings sounds awesome!

I'm here!!!!

Can't wait to see all of the details :) The trip will be here before you know it. Now the question is..how many times will I go to WDW before you go back..right now I'm at 2 and counting!!!

Woo hoo!!! :woohoo:

LOL...I'm so jealous of all the times you get to go to WDW during the year! I thought going twice in one year was good! :laughing: I'm just glad I don't have to wait til November this year!

I'm here! I'm here! :woohoo: I LOVE your title! It's perfect! :thumbsup2 I can't
wait to read all about it!!

Yay, I'm so glad we both have PTR's again!!! :goodvibes Glad you like my title, it's the best I could do without driving myself crazy! :rotfl: More trip details will be coming soon!

I feel the exact same way!

AGREE!! :thumbsup2

You think that's bad?? When we go in October, it will be 16 months since our last trip!!! That's REALLY bad! that's the longest I've had between trips since 2006. Totally stinks! But I'm planning on getting APs so there will be at least 2 more trips within the year. :cheer2:

Anyway, soooo glad you started your PTR, LOVE the title, and I'm excited to countdown together!!

Isn't Epcot the BEST! Especially World Showcase...I could spend days in WS and be perfectly happy!

Wow, I don't know if I could go 16 months between trips! :eek: I'm thinking of trying to convince Brandon to get AP's also! He keeps saying no more Disney next year, but if we already have the tickets, how could we NOT go, at least in May for our anniversary! :laughing:

I keep checking for 'Ohana my first night...still nothing! :rotfl:

I so want my trip here now. subbing.

Yay, :welcome:, thanks for joining! I know what you mean, I'm SO ready for my trip, and it's months away!! :eek:

I'm here, I'm here!

Love the title you ended up going with! :goodvibes

Soooooo excited to follow along as you plan for an October trip (now my #1 WDW goal)!

Woo hoo, :welcome:! Glad you liked the title, I wasn't sure about it at first, but whatever, it's just a title! I was seriously stressing about it for a while! :rotfl:

LOL, you definitely have to get to WDW for Food and Wine! I'm a little nervous about October weather, I hope it's not TOO hot, but other than that, I'm so excited to go at this time of year!

Joining in. I am so jealous you get to go in October. That is the one month I really want to make it to WDW.

I am already starting to feel a bit guilty about pulling Caitlin out of school again this year, so I doubt I'll ever make it there in Oct. I'll be stuck going in August or April:headache:

Losing weight sucks. I have been on WW for two weeks and all of the sudden I felt the need to eat everything today. I told John I was starving and wanted to eat everything and Caitlin comes running in the room and said "What did you stuff your face with today, MOMMY?":laughing: I really need to watch what I say around that kid. She's going to go to school and tell people her mother sits around all day and stuffs her face with everything in site.

Why don't you just get some AP's in May and go for a long weekend over Columbus day? Or, go the weekend before for Rosh Hashana, I'm sure Caitlin has that day off from school, do Thursday to Sunday, you could do MNSSHP and the first weekend of Food and Wine...and we will be there that weekend, so we could all do stuff together, and I could take Caitlin for a day...just an idea...:rolleyes1

If I don't lose a significant amount of weight for this trip, I'm canceling it! :laughing: Well, I wouldn't do that, but I'm sick of seeing myself in pictures looking terrible! I want to join WW again, but I'm nervous about the new program, I read reviews of it, and it doesn't sound that great. :confused3

Yay! You need to get on the DIS more often! :woohoo:

Woohoo for a new PTR!

Next year I'll most likely be heading to Disney in April because my family's going and then again in May for my Disneymoon. Having to wait a LONG time before going again is going to be pretty difficult! Going to get so spoiled!

Yay, so happy you're here! :banana:

Wow, you're going to Disney 2 months in a row??? :eek: If I got to do that, I would be the happiest person alive...except for when I came home after the 2nd trip and realized I wasn't going a 3rd month in a row! :laughing:

I jumped over when I saw you posted on Kathy's thread...cound me in! Are we going the same time? Oct 20-30 for us......

Woo hoo, :welcome:! I wish I was going when you are, but I'm going earlier in the month! I wanted to go later in the month, but I had to go the dates that my pin code covered! :yay:

Hey Jen, I'm here!

Yay, so glad you're here! :)

Okay I am here. I really enjoyed reading your TR so I figure this should be just as good.....:rotfl:

:welcome: Thanks for joining, so glad you liked my TR! Sometimes I wondered about it, it seemed so boring at times! :rotfl2: But I had fun writing it! And I like writing PTR's ever more, for some reason!

Hello Jen, from (another!) Jen! :lmao:

Absolutely LOVE your title, can't wait to hear more!

:welcome:, hi Jen, thanks for joining! :yay: I actually started reading your PTR at work today on my phone, I have to stop by and join! Yay, so happy you like my title, I wasn't sure if it was ok or not!

I I lurk on your tr a lot but letting u know I'm here!!!

:welcome:, so happy to have you here! And thank you for reading my TR! I lurk on a few myself, I don't know why there are some I join, and some I just lurk on! :rotfl:

Great start! Can't wait for more! :)

Yay, glad you made it here! I wish you would do a PTR for your October trip too, but I know you're focusing on your May trip now! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter