Well, this trip was....different. UPDATE - 9/1!

Can I ask why you missed the LM section? We stayed there on our last night last fall and it seemed just so far out!

Honestly, I was just very hot and not feeling great so I didn't feel like walking out to the LM section. Lazy, I know. :rotfl:

Great pictures! Can't wait to hear where dinner was :goodvibes

Thank you!

I've never seen it in person, but I agree the Cars section seems to be the best themed. It looks great.

It is so cute! We spent so much time in that one section.

I have to say that Reid is a fabulous little poser. He's going to be a heartbreaker!

Thank you so much!

Hey there! Welcome back!

Thank you!!

That was a great idea to go to AoA to grab some lunch and check it out. I'm a little disappointed to hear that there was visible wear and tear there already. I mean, it is Disney, so I'm sure it has been addressed, but that's shocking that they would use materials that can't even hold up that long in a high traffic area like a food court.

I was just really shocked that it was so visible after being open just a few months. But, I'm really glad we went and at least toured the resort since I don't think we'll ever stay there.

AOA is so cute isn't it? We were going to try and stay there in Nov, but I don't think it is to be. It looks lie Reid really liked it there!

It really is a cute resort! If they had some standard rooms besides LM, we'd probably stay there at least once. But, Reid really doesn't like Ariel so I know that would be a no-go for us. :rotfl2:

I just adore AoA. I got to look around a little bit back in May and immediately loved it! Can't wait to see where your dinner will be!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It really has some cute areas to it. I'm glad we went to look around.

I love AoA. It's such a cute resort. You know when my DH comments on what a great job that they did it must be something really special. He doesn't give up compliments easily. :rotfl:

He's right! They really did a great job - especially in the Nemo & Cars sections.

Those pictures of Reid with the cars are fantastic. They are all keepers. Candid, yet not too candid. Wait - does that make sense? :rotfl:

Thank you!!

BTW - while you were away from the boards for awhile I started a new TR. If you are interested, see link below.

Thank you for letting me know! I'm so bad about not noticing those things. I will definitely check it out!

How's kindergarten going? Did Reid start yet?

He starts on Tuesday. He's very excited but says he's going to miss me during the day. Breaks my heart. :sad1:

just started reading and i'm hooked

Welcome! And thank you!!

I am so behind but wanted to comment on the updates I've read.

No worries! You know I understand being behind. :rotfl:

Sounds like an awesome DHS day! On paper there doesn't seem to be much to do there but we always end up with a full day. Those Star Wars photos are cute!

Thanks! We really had a great day at DHS. It was probably one of our most enjoyable days in that park throughout all of our trips.

I love all the character śpot pictures. Reid is very photogenic & looks so happy.:goodvibes

Thank you so much!

I love Soarin but I get what you mean. The screen could def use a clean up. I like the smells the best.:lmao:

Yeah, the smells are fun! And Reid really enjoyed the ride a lot which was most important to me.

Hi i have been reading your TR for a while now. I wanted you to know that my prayers were with you while Reid was going threw all his tests. Everything thing seems to have come out well for him. I know he is starting kindergarden today I ho everything went ok and that mommy didn't shead to many tears. I know what you are going threw it happened to me 4 times. My baby is now 11 and it is her last year before high school now that is like a slap in the face. How did it go so fast.

Anyway can't wait to read the end of your trip. Will you also be doing a TR on your last trip in Juin on the Fantasy? I would really like to read all about it and see pictures.

I should be writing my own PTR soon.

Hi i have been reading your TR for a while now. I wanted you to know that my prayers were with you while Reid was going threw all his tests. Everything thing seems to have come out well for him. I know he is starting kindergarden today I ho everything went ok and that mommy didn't shead to many tears. I know what you are going threw it happened to me 4 times. My baby is now 11 and it is her last year before high school now that is like a slap in the face. How did it go so fast.

Anyway can't wait to read the end of your trip. Will you also be doing a TR on your last trip in Juin on the Fantasy? I would really like to read all about it and see pictures.

I should be writing my own PTR soon.

Thank you for your prayers for Reid. They are truly appreciated.

His first week of Kindergarten is going well so far! I hope those teenage/high school years don't come too fast. I'm already scared of those years! :eek:

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do a TR about our cruise or not. I may but I'll just have to see how busy I am once I get this one done.

Well, my little man is officially a Kindergartner!

We brought him to school Tuesday morning where we got to meet his teacher and have orientation in his classroom. It was nice that we got to spend about 1 1/2 hours at school with him before leaving him there for the rest of the day.

I am (so far) very pleased with his teacher. I was actually hoping that she would be the teacher he got. And he loves her! Actually, he loves everything about Kindergarten - uniforms, id badge, cubbies, bringing his lunch to the cafeteria to eat, etc. I'm so happy and relieved that he's enjoying it so much. Every day when I pick him up he says, "I had the best day!" and he tells me everything they did.

I'm so proud of him for not being scared, especially since they have to walk by themselves to class. I hope he continues to love it. Especially since the work will get harder - starting next week.

Needless to say, it's been a hectic week - adjusting to school, homework and still having karate 2x/week. But, overall, he is doing a great job of adjusting!

Since I didn't get to do an update this week, I just thought I would let y'all know how the start of Kindergarten is going and leave you with just a few pics from his first day of school.

All ready to go!

In his new classroom!

I promise to be back soon with another TR update!

Wow...it is amazing how a uniform can make a little boy look like a little man!:faint: I am so glad to hear he is enjoying school, what a relief for mom. Thanks for sharing that with us Amanda! We go back soon, Sept 3!

What a huge day... first day of school. Each year it is a big day... but not like that very first day. He looks very proud! I bet you are too. :goodvibes

Welcome back!!!! :yay: So glad to hear all your good news...and so happy to hear your vacation was fabulous! Hope Reid has a wonderful school year.

Heather

Hi Amanda! Back from WDW and the Fantasy and all caught up!

Reid could not possibly get any cuter - the kindergarten pics are the BEST!!! I'm so glad that everything is going so well. :thumbsup2

I have to say that I am totally impressed that you managed to go to AOA to have lunch. This last trip, I felt like we were constantly missing everything - we could never have fit in a trip to check out AOA. :laughing:

I know I have already told you how different this last trip was for us, but get THIS!!!! AK ended up being our favorite place at WDW. :scared1: Incredible how unpredictable these things are! :eek:

That is great! I'm glad that Reid is adjusting to kindergarten so well and enjoying it. Hopefully he keeps that attitude!

Reid is just too cute! Glad to hear that he is loving kindergarten so far.

I think each school year is harder on me to adjust to new teachers and routines than my girls! I guess that is why you go to school when you're young and more adaptable. Now if only figuring out homework was easier...:rotfl:

Glad to hear everything is going well!

Christine

You got some great pictures at both Pangani and the safari!! I have heard how dirty and worn the food court at AOA is... But Cars was definitely so cute!! We didn't make it to Lion King. Keith was kind enough to "allow" me to see Nemo and Cars so I didn't push it!! :laughing:

What a cute little guy on his first day!! It makes it so much better when they enjoy going and have fun!

Wow...it is amazing how a uniform can make a little boy look like a little man!:faint: I am so glad to hear he is enjoying school, what a relief for mom. Thanks for sharing that with us Amanda! We go back soon, Sept 3!

Thanks! He definitely does look older in his uniform. :sad1:

He looks so cute and proud to be in school! So exciting! He'll do great mom.

He's really loving school & is so excited to go every day!

Sooooo cute!!! Such a little man. Sniff. He will do great. It's harder on us I think!

Thanks! It's definitely harder on us!

What a huge day... first day of school. Each year it is a big day... but not like that very first day. He looks very proud! I bet you are too. :goodvibes

I am proud of him. He's a crazy boy but he's really sweet, too.

I'm so glad that Reid is loving kindergarten! Awesome news!

Thank you!!

Welcome back!!!! :yay: So glad to hear all your good news...and so happy to hear your vacation was fabulous! Hope Reid has a wonderful school year.

Heather

Thank you!! So far, he loves Kindergarten! He just needs to learn that he can't talk all day long. :rotfl:

Hi Amanda! Back from WDW and the Fantasy and all caught up!

So glad to have you back!

Reid could not possibly get any cuter - the kindergarten pics are the BEST!!! I'm so glad that everything is going so well. :thumbsup2

Thank you!!

I have to say that I am totally impressed that you managed to go to AOA to have lunch. This last trip, I felt like we were constantly missing everything - we could never have fit in a trip to check out AOA. :laughing:

I am glad we got around to checking it out. I don't see us every staying there but it was neat to see.

I know I have already told you how different this last trip was for us, but get THIS!!!! AK ended up being our favorite place at WDW. :scared1: Incredible how unpredictable these things are! :eek:

That's crazy! I can't wait to hear how that transpired!

That is great! I'm glad that Reid is adjusting to kindergarten so well and enjoying it. Hopefully he keeps that attitude!

He really loves it! I just wish he could contain his excitement a little and not talk so much. :rotfl:

Reid is just too cute! Glad to hear that he is loving kindergarten so far.

I think each school year is harder on me to adjust to new teachers and routines than my girls! I guess that is why you go to school when you're young and more adaptable. Now if only figuring out homework was easier...:rotfl:

Glad to hear everything is going well!

Christine

Thank you!!

You got some great pictures at both Pangani and the safari!! I have heard how dirty and worn the food court at AOA is... But Cars was definitely so cute!! We didn't make it to Lion King. Keith was kind enough to "allow" me to see Nemo and Cars so I didn't push it!! :laughing:

What a cute little guy on his first day!! It makes it so much better when they enjoy going and have fun!

I'm definitely glad we got to check out the Cars section. They did a great job there!

Thank you! It really does help that he's happy to go every day.

Saturday, October 6th - HDDR!

For our last dinner, we were headed to Fort Wilderness for the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. This was our first time experiencing this dinner show & we were really looking forward to it. We decided to finally utilize Disney transportation on our last night.

We left our room @ OKW around 4:40 pm and got on an MK bus pretty much as soon as we got to the bus stop. We arrived @ MK about 5:10 pm and headed to the boat launch. The line for the Fort Wilderness boat was L-O-N-G! They ended up utilizing another boat to help the line clear up. Once we finally got onto a boat, we arrived at Ft. Wilderness at 5:50 pm. We checked in and got our picture taken then headed for the line to get inside. And that’s when the downpour started. We were able to find cover while we waited and got inside around 6:20 pm.

We had a table on the first floor, in the middle of all the action. Our waitress was really nice and the food was very good. The only thing we didn’t care for too much were the ribs. They were just ok. We all enjoyed the show. Even Reid was laughing hysterically at some points.

When the show was done, the rain was gone. We made our way back to OKW where I put Reid to bed and then finished getting us packed.

Sunday, October 7th - On the Road Again!

I woke up at 4:30 am and got ready. Ed was up at 4:45 am and started getting ready and loading up the car. We were in the car for 6 am. We had to stop at the Hospitality House @ OKW because our bill was not on our door when we left.

When I walked in, no one was at the front desk so I rang a bell. Two staff members came out and I informed them that I needed our bill. They were two of the most unfriendly Disney cast members I have EVER encountered. They were downright rude & snippy about me asking for my bill.

But, we were still able to be out of there and on the road for 6:15 am. Our trip home was, thankfully, uneventful. We drove the whole way home. And Reid did not fall asleep until we crossed the Louisiana state line! We made it home for 4:15 pm.

Final Thoughts

I won’t say this trip was bad but it was definitely different. Towards the end of the trip, I think we were all just worn out and not enjoying ourselves as much as we normally do. I think the races and my sickness prior to the trip really affected all of us. I don’t think I would plan a long park trip right after a race again. It’s just too much. The heat was beyond horrendous. It made all of us much grumpier and tired.

I think my family has decided that, for the time being, the Disney cruises suit us a little better. It has a nice mixture of fun and relaxation, family time and adult time. I hate to say that we are burnt out on the parks but I think that may be the case. Well, I know it is for Ed.

We will definitely be back at the parks in the future. We do all love Disney. I just think it’ll be a few years. I’m thinking of maybe 2016. I would like to hit up Star Wars weekend and Reid would be at a good age then.

I thank you all for hanging in here with me. Again, I apologize for being gone for so long.

HDDR sounds really fun! Someday, we will have to give it a try.

I totally understand the draw of DCL! ;)

Thanks for hanging in there and taking us all the way through your trip. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter