Well, this trip was....different. UPDATE - 9/1!

I'm glad to hear that Reid enjoyed the HDDR! We're thinking about doing it for the next trip, I'm glad to know that it will be fun for the little one.

I'm sorry the trip wasn't that great. I think DCL sounds awesome. Thanks for finishing up the TR Amanda!:goodvibes

I love HDRR!

Sorry it wasn't the best trip. I think crowds and heat can definitely affect the overall vibe of a trip. I know I have come home after some trips and thought "maybe I need a break" and then my next trip is fabulous.

Thanks so much for sharing with us and I look forward to reading future TRs!

Sorry to hear the end of your trip was less than magical :sad1: At least the HDDR was fun for both of you and Reid. We've always loved that show. Bill's a big cruise fan, too. In fact, he has been trying to talk us into a 7 day cruise instead of the WDW trip :upsidedow....not gonna happen :laughing: You will get the fever again for a park trip...after a few cruises, Reid will be older and you can enjoy the parks on a whole other level. It's definitely different when the kids can actually ride everything and can stay up super late without being tired the next day. The cruises sound like they are a better fit for yall right now. Enjoy planning the next one:thumbsup2

Heather

I am sorry check out was less than magical. I think they have gone away from the standard and started doing the "express" where they email you... so the cms are just a tad weird now about being asked to check out.

I envy your "short" trip home.

2016 will be here before you know it! Meanwhile, enjoy your more relaxing cruise if that suites you better. :goodvibes Just make sure to write about them so we can all enjoy your adventures still. ;)

I can understand how life get hectic and other things take priority over DIS time. Thanks for coming back to finish the TR though! :thumbsup2

I'm sorry to hear that your family feels a little bit burned out on the parks. I can understand how that might happen though. As long as you enjoy doing the DCL trips together, I think that sounds like a lot of fun as well.

So happy you enjoyed HDDR!! It is one of our favorites! I understand how heat creates the grumpies since my family has been there in the past! We are planning a trip for the holidays since it is something we want to do/experience. But we really have other places we want to see so next year our vacation may be out west somewhere...so I understand! I am lucky, though, that with Keith having retired from the military, a cheap/short trip is always an option if I need a fix!

Thanks for finishing up the report!! Life can be chaotic sometimes!!

Thanks for this TR! Sorry my comments were scarce at the end of it, but I currently don't have a computer (I'm not sure if you saw that post on my current TR or not), but I always enjoyed reading along!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

HDDR sounds really fun! Someday, we will have to give it a try.

I totally understand the draw of DCL! ;)

Thanks for hanging in there and taking us all the way through your trip. pixiedust:

I think it's definitely worth a try!

Thanks for sticking around for the end of the TR!

Thanks for the update Amanda, I hope we love DCL as much as your family. Wish us luck!:goodvibes

I'm sure y'all will! It's such a great combination of fun and relaxation. And, of course, you still get your Disney fix!

I'm glad to hear that Reid enjoyed the HDDR! We're thinking about doing it for the next trip, I'm glad to know that it will be fun for the little one.

I'm sorry the trip wasn't that great. I think DCL sounds awesome. Thanks for finishing up the TR Amanda!:goodvibes

Reid really thought it was funny. I think it's the best of the dinner shows.

Thank you for sticking around for the end!

I love HDRR!

Sorry it wasn't the best trip. I think crowds and heat can definitely affect the overall vibe of a trip. I know I have come home after some trips and thought "maybe I need a break" and then my next trip is fabulous.

Thanks so much for sharing with us and I look forward to reading future TRs!

Thanks! I'm sure our next trip (whenever it will be) will be much better. I think we just had a lot of negative factors stacked against us.

Sorry to hear the end of your trip was less than magical :sad1: At least the HDDR was fun for both of you and Reid. We've always loved that show. Bill's a big cruise fan, too. In fact, he has been trying to talk us into a 7 day cruise instead of the WDW trip :upsidedow....not gonna happen :laughing: You will get the fever again for a park trip...after a few cruises, Reid will be older and you can enjoy the parks on a whole other level. It's definitely different when the kids can actually ride everything and can stay up super late without being tired the next day. The cruises sound like they are a better fit for yall right now. Enjoy planning the next one:thumbsup2

Heather

Y'all should definitely try a 7 night on the Fantasy!

I'm sure we'll be back to the parks before we know it. I am quite excited for the Mine Train coaster to open so I know I have to go back for that. :rotfl:

I am sorry check out was less than magical. I think they have gone away from the standard and started doing the "express" where they email you... so the cms are just a tad weird now about being asked to check out.

I envy your "short" trip home.

2016 will be here before you know it! Meanwhile, enjoy your more relaxing cruise if that suites you better. :goodvibes Just make sure to write about them so we can all enjoy your adventures still. ;)

I'm sure I'll be ready to hit the parks up again before I know it. By this time next year, I'll probably have the "itch" to go. :rotfl:

I can understand how life get hectic and other things take priority over DIS time. Thanks for coming back to finish the TR though! :thumbsup2

I'm sorry to hear that your family feels a little bit burned out on the parks. I can understand how that might happen though. As long as you enjoy doing the DCL trips together, I think that sounds like a lot of fun as well.

Thank you for hanging in there with me!

Yeah, I think DCL is just working well for us right now. It's a good compromise for everyone's wants & needs. And once we've had a break from the parks, I'm sure we'll be ready to go back.

So happy you enjoyed HDDR!! It is one of our favorites! I understand how heat creates the grumpies since my family has been there in the past! We are planning a trip for the holidays since it is something we want to do/experience. But we really have other places we want to see so next year our vacation may be out west somewhere...so I understand! I am lucky, though, that with Keith having retired from the military, a cheap/short trip is always an option if I need a fix!

Thanks for finishing up the report!! Life can be chaotic sometimes!!

It's definitely nice to mix up the vacations every now & then. And I know I'll always try to make our big vacations centered around something with Disney since I do love it so.

Thanks for sticking with the TR to the end!

Thanks for this TR! Sorry my comments were scarce at the end of it, but I currently don't have a computer (I'm not sure if you saw that post on my current TR or not), but I always enjoyed reading along!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank you for sticking with me! And no worries on the comments...I definitely understand! :thumbsup2

You snuck this in when we were in our way home from our trip.

HDDR sounds fun (in over 25 trips we have never done it).

I'm sorry the trip wasn't as magical for you, but you know what suits your family best.

It's good to see you again, Amanda.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter