We're ALL Mad Here - March (Hare) Exercise Challenge

Lots of color changers today! Congratulations to courtneybeth, galaxygir76 and MochaDrinker for reaching 10% of their goal and turning Alice Blue! And congratulations to snels and sophy1996 for reaching 25% of their goal and turning March Hare Orange!

March Hare trivia - The March Hare was based on the popular singer, songwriter, and trombone player, Jerry Colonna. Colonna’s gift for improvisation helped him riff along with Ed Wynn (the voice of the Mad Hatter). Jerry’s voice can also be heard narrating two Disney shorts, “Casey at the Bat” (1946) and “The Brave Engineer” (1950). You can find his Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, awarded for his radio work.

tumblr_lymos1y1VC1qg35tio1_250.gif

Have a great rest of your weekend, and get in some minutes!

I was not very motivated this weekend. Thanks, DH, for turning on The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings! I guess it was a deserved break to stare mindlessly at the TV for most of the weekend!

3/5 - 20minutes shoveling snow
3/6 - 60 minutes - riding, driving, brushing ponies

245/950

Tons of minutes reported yesterday! (Not by me, I had a rest/clean my condo already day.) Congratulations to lilkimmyk for achieving Alice Blue! Congratulations to BumbleB, dylans mommy, Saphire5742 and SarahDisney for reaching 25% of their goal and March Hare Orange!

Both Alice and the March Hare are featured in the Alice in Wonderland ride in Disneyland. This classic dark ride opened on June 14, 1958. It is the only dark ride to feature an outdoor section. Guests ride in caterpillar cars through Alice's adventures down the rabbit hole, including encounters with the Cheshire Cat, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, the flowers, and of course, the Queen of Hearts and her croquet game. The ride is narrated by the voice of Alice herself, Kathryn Beaumont (this narration was added in 1983). The March Hare appears in the tea party scene, singing A Very Merry Unbirthday, of course! Other updates to the ride were made during the refurbishment in 1983; the Upside-Down and Oversized Rooms (scenes not shown in the film) were eliminated and the aforementioned unbirthday scene was moved to the very end of the ride. Further updates were made to the ride in 2014, with many scenes being updated with digitally projected images and effects (some of which include footage taken from the film, as well as some new animation). In addition, the Cheshire Cat figures received new special effects, and new figures of Alice were added to the Tulgey Wood and Mad Tea Party scenes.

Tea Cups 03.jpg

This is one of my all time favorite rides!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter