We're back early

You never really know people until you travel with them.:( Why not plan a pre-Christmas trip with your DD to see all of the Christmas decorations and do some shopping. If you feel guilty about leaving someone behind - bring them home something, but don't ever take them. I cannot believe the selfishness and ungratefulness of your friend!

Try to get your DD excited about a future trip and have fun planning it:)

I agree with you Cottontail: EE is sooo great in the heat of the summer. I was also frustrated that MGM closed at 9 pm (and they start shutting everything down at 8 pm) and EPCOT at 7 pm & 9 pm - it didn't give you much evening time to do the parks. I like to go early for a few hours then head back to the resort & then back to the parks for the evening, but when they shut so early, it's hardly worthwhile. I do feel that attendance was down though while we were there, so I can't imagine them bringing EE back any time soon.

And we are getting excited about planning another trip already PoohBWV...we're thinking of a 3 or 4 day Disney Cruise followed by a week at the Poly. That should be a fun mother/daughter trip.\:D. It's so frustrating now when I think of the things I had wanted to do (there was a short set I wanted to buy at one of the stores at the GF, go to MK one day just to walk around, etc.) that I couldn't because we left so suddenly. DD & I have agreed that we are going to focus on seeing & doing as much as we can on this next trip....I think everything should be much easier with just 2 people.

I can't believe I'm getting excited about my next trip when I've only been home from this one for less than 2 days...only people on the DIS Board can understand that I'm sure ;).

I knew what you mean about folks here understanding our love of Disney. It confuses me the way some of my friends make fun of my love of WDW. They ask, why go there? You've been a few times, why go back? Why stay at WDW? It's just an amusement park? That one gets me!!!! AAAUUUGGGHHH!

It's funny, because most of those people are ones who either never go any where, golf all the time, shop all the time, or do something else all the time.

You folks are all very special! S

Hi Lisa:

Glad you will try the polynesian, it's grounds are so beautiful. I really missed the two scarlet macaws that would greet you in the lobby of the grand ceremonial house, they moved them to animal kingdom park, maybe they are happier there.

Sandra:

I agree, people say the same thing to me, and you know those are also the people who will stay on one of the coast's and drive the whatever the distance to the wdw park, sometimes a couple of hours and go back to the coast the same day. How can you enjoy it that way. Well we all know the secret that the wdw resorts are so beautiful and almost as much fun as the parks.

Just my 2 cents.

Bye,

Deb.

I tell friends that WDW is a

RESORT

not just an amusement park.

One of my friends said to me, "You know, there are other things to do in Florida." I've done them all! WDW is my fav.

Oh those non-believers GEEESSS! S

Oh Lisa, I am sooo sorry to hear about your trip. I know how much you were looking forward to it. I can definitely relate to your pain though. Last fall, we went to WDW with another couple and it was a complete disaster. They didn't like WDW but similar to Sandra's story above, they wouldn't go off on their own when I suggested it. We just ended up resenting each other. I just wish we had come home early too.

The good news is that I can now laugh about it. Now, 8 months later, I can't even believe how inconsiderate our friends were! Maybe a movie should be made on how crazy travelling with friends/family can really be! ;)

I agree with others. Enjoy planning your next trip with just your DD. At least this time, you know that the two people involved will genuinely appreciate your work and preparation and WDW in general. Happy planning!!

Wow! Sorry to hear about your trip ... at least you and your daughter have another Disney trip to look forward to. I had a similar experience, although not at Disney ... Now, whenever I go on a trip, my friends and I just plan on spending a few days together ... So for my next Disney trip, everyone is going to be there on different days/different length of stay but we're going to have a few days that overlap where we can hang out :)

A good news story about meeting friends in Florida. In 1991, dh and I were staying 3 nights in Orlando and 4 nights in Daytona. Our friends were staying a week in St. Pete's. Universal Studios had just opened about 6 months early and we all wanted to see it. Having gone to Wonderland for a few hours with these people, and knowing how different we are at theme parks, I set my mind for the worst. It wasn't too bad at all. They are usually soooooooooo late. If you asked them to meet at 8am, expect them at 9:30am. We asked them to meet us for breakky in our Orlando hotel for 8am. I knew we only had to get up at 8am since they are ALWAYS late. WELL! This was the exception , they were right on time! I was still in bed! We had a nice buffet breakky and off to Universal Studios. We mostly wanted to do the same things with a few expections. But this gal is the type that gets "headaches" when things don't go her way. She got a headache. We had a nice dinner and separated. It wasn't too bad at all. They are the "never plan, always late, slooooooooooooooooooooow people" we are "planoholic, chronically early (or at least on time), must see/do everything with a giant smile on our faces!" S

What a shame Lisa, that you ended your vacation so suddenly and didn't get to do all that you wanted, especially since you paid for it all! I can understand how frustrated you must have been and I admire your strength in enduring the trip back home with your friend. I would probably have just taken her to the bus station and gone back and enjoyed the rest of my vacation!! ;)

It does sound like you are well on your way to planning a wonderful trip back in the future with your daughter, though! Have fun planning! :D

Hi Lisa

My heart goes out to you!
Thanks for the info. I am also feeling bad
about not taking someone on our next trip but
after reading what happened to you and your DD,
I Know that is exactly what would have happened.

Better luck next time.

You must have a heart the size of the world!
Enjoy your next trip.

Scratch

:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter