We're having a girl! HELP with name

emmababy

DIS Veteran
Ok- so our third little one is a girl! Yippee!!! Now I need help with a name. Our other dd is Emma and our ds is Nash. Knowing Emma is so popular, I am really steering clear of any names in the top 10 for popularity. But I am really stuck. I read thru books and there are some crazy names in there.

Thanks Dis'ers!

wowwee, this should be interesting! The perfect baby name is so subjective, but I hope you get lots of suggestions because it will be fun to see what everyone comes up with!

I have one DD, Lily (a name that has gotten surprisingly common lately, especially when you include Lilliana, etc). I always thought that if I had another girl I would name her Violet. :flower3: I'm *fixed* now, so you can have my name if you want it. :laughing:

Edit -- by the way, CONGRATS on your new baby girl!!!!!!

We didn't want any top 10 names either, also din't want something people would have difficulty spelling or pronouncing. We went with Rachel for our DD princess:.

I always wanted an "Anna" but our last name is Anderson and my husband said it sounded like the Saturday Night Live skit "Rosanna Rosanna Dana"!

Okay I am game! I too wanted something unlike "Jennifer" or "Heather" from when I was a kid and there at least 4 of each in classes and they always need and initial or decide who would be Jenn, Jenny, and Jennifer.

**Not that there is anything WRONG with Jennifer and Heather ~ they were just SO common when I was a kid**

We ended up with Melina ~ nicknamed Mena or Mimi and Zoe ~ nicknamed Z or ZZ

Zoe was going to Amaya until DH told me at Disney when I was 7 months pregnant that he didn't want her to be Amaya but Zoe as I was about to have her first Mickey Ears embroidered with her name.

So I LOVE the name Amaya still and that is my suggestion. :)

I have one DD, Lily (a name that has gotten surprisingly common lately, especially when you include Lilliana, etc).

LOVE the name Lily! Was going to be 2nd DD middle name but when we switched to Zoe ~ Zoe Lily sounded funny.

By 2005 Lily was uber popular ~ otherwise DD1 would have been Lily Grace.

We are a week and a half from finding out the gender of our little bun-bun and I've been trying to come up with some names myself... I'm so stuck! I am sure you'll get some great suggestions!

Hmm...with Emma and Nash, I think classic American with a slight country twist. Not sure if that's what you were going for, but that's just how they strike me. There are some popular names that I think work well with them (Gracie, Hannah), but I'll give you some slightly more unusual, but still common names.

Here are my suggestions:

Clara
Audrey
Juliana
Carissa
Nora
Callie
Halle
Daisy
Quinn
Mollie

Maybe one of those will spark something in you!
Congratulations and best wishes for a healthy and happy baby.

I have always loved the big names, that could have a nickname. My ODD is Lilliana Catherine (Lily), My YDD is Charlotte Mae (Charley or C). In my case my ODD is adopted from Guatemala she was a premie and fragile... like a Lily flower. Her middle name is an american version of her birthname. We changed it only because it would be misspronounced her whole life. For my YDD when we first found out we were pregnant I loved Eveyln Mae, that was all the way up to the end when I asked my Mom if we could name her after my Grandma- Charlotte, we kept Mae as the that is the middle name of my FIL's birthmother's name- he was also adopted. If we were to have a third girl her middle name would be Marie for me. Right now I love Shilo Marie :love:

Congrats to you on your new baby girl! :hug:

I named my oldest Kathryn (Katie) - because that had not been in the top 10 for years...until the year that she was born! Now there are Kate, Katie's Kathryns (of all spellings0 everwhere. Oh well, so much for that idea!

My youngest is Meredith - which still has that classic feel to it, well known but not too common. She is our Mere-bear for short!

I also liked more unusual names, but could never convince dh - Ellory, Ellison, Alston, Emory, Morgan, and Taylor.

Good luck!

Congratulations!

My DD's name is Lucinda and we call her Lucy. We also considered Daphne, Wren, and Juliet.

congrats!!! I had my first daughters name picked out years before I had her - it is Deanna Marie. pronounced Dee-Anna. I had not even met my DH when I had this name picked out, so needless to say, he didn't have a say in our first born's name.... Oh well that was almost 30 years ago.

If I'd have had girls I would have used the names Brigid (Bree) and DeLain (Lainey). Neither are very common.

Alright here are a few that I like:

Jayla - this my DD's name :)
Briar - think Briar Rose from Sleeping Beauty, all the DISers have to appreciate this one
Isla
Indigo -nickname Indie
Samantha

Congrats on the upcoming addition! Another princess to love and spoil.

I just had a little girl and we named her Molly Catherine. We have 3 kids and she's our only girl. It was sooo easy to come up with boys names but for a girls name it took us until I was about 8 months pg.

Here are a few that have been used by our family/friends recently.
Anna
Carley
Kate
Ellen
Sophie
Leah
Paige
Ava

Here are some older family names that I considered:
Elaine
Susan
Gail
Debra
Rose
Ryan (yep, I thought about this for a girl)

George Costanza would suggest "Soda" as a name for your child. Just don't name her "Seven". He likes that name for himself.

:thumbsup2

Congratulations!! Our baby #2 is due in October and we don't have any idea which names we like yet either

Congratulations! I have boys, but some of my favorite girls' names are:

Sydney
Parker
Ava

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter