• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Were you ever on TV

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
yes, but it was local, we were on strike and they interviewed me on picket line

Yes. When I graduated college.

Of course, I worked in the newsroom, so they only covered the graduation because I was in it. :)

Also when our oldest was born (one of those "welcome to the family" things).

Yes - on an episode of "I didn't know I was pregnant." No, I wasn't the the one who didn't know I was pregnant. I was the paramedic who delivered the baby in the back of my ambulance.

On a side note, I hate seeing and hearing myself recorded. So I have never watched the episode.

Yes - on an episode of "I didn't know I was pregnant." No, I wasn't the the one who didn't know I was pregnant. I was the paramedic who delivered the baby in the back of my ambulance.

On a side note, I hate seeing and hearing myself recorded. So I have never watched the episode.

how cool is that, do you have a link to that show

Yes, I was on a local Philadelphia show called Happy the Clown back in the 60's. Happy selected random boys and girls from the audience to ride on his train:). Also, my mom was a game show contestant..it was some kind of trivia game back in the day and she won the grand prize and they called me on stage to sit on her lap...

Yes, I was on a local Philadelphia show called Happy the Clown back in the 60's. Happy selected random boys and girls from the audience to ride on his train:). Also, my mom was a game show contestant..it was some kind of trivia game back in the day and she won the grand prize and they called me on stage to sit on her lap...

awww, do you have a pic of that ? what was the grand proze ? and what was the question ? did Judy get to come up to

Yes. Several times during school at UF and once on AFV for a quick pan shot of a line for Dumbo.

Also on the last episode of the season our house was on This Old House. They filmed the wrap party.

I'm not famous. And my 15 minutes are up.

Twice. A long time ago.

Once when I was a child I was on a children's dance program called "Hop, Skip and Dance". And once when Lady Bird Johnson came to dedicate a national seashore in our county. I was on the news with others waiting for her to walk by.

My closest claim to fame was in 1968. Ed Muskie was the Democratic candidate for vice president, and he visited our heavily Polish neighborhood to campaign. The local TV news was there and I was in the crowd when they showed part of his speech. Before that day I had no idea who he was; several classes in our school were selected to go to the campaign stop.

how cool is that, do you have a link to that show

No. But you can probably look it up. The episode was called "Ambulance Baby".

I've been on the news a bunch of times, too...well, my back side has been on the news a bunch of times. Every time I saw news cameras on one of my ambulance scenes, I made a point to keep my back turned. And, as luck would have it, they seemed to always record while I was bending over taking care of my patient. I really hate to be recorded while working.

I may have told this story here before, but I was in the WDW INSIDE OUT special for the 25th anniversary. I was at the Studios coming out of the Hunchback show they had at the time with some other guests, when someone from the crew told us to go back and take the walk again for a background shot while Brianne Leary:lovestruc was talking about the attraction. She was standing at a lightpole on the NY Street with a hand puppet of one of the gargoyles. After they taped the scene I got to meet Miss Brianne; I hugged her, we chatted a little and she gave me her autograph. I have since found out that that full INSIDE OUT episode is on YouTube. When you see Brianne in that scene a little over 20 minutes in, there are a group of people waking by; I am the one in a white shirt carrying I guess it was a blue bag. :)

I am in the background of every newsroom live shot from 430 am to 1130 am Monday through Friday.

Bozo the Clown.

The PBS Auction; at the end of the last night, they had all the volunteers on the floor singing whatever the closeout song was and I was mouthing the words - until I realized the microphone was in my face.

Tom Bergeron used to host a local show, "People Are Talking", that aired live. I thought they said the theme one day was old fashioned tips and went dressed for the August day off it was. Nope. Fall fashion tips. I got to go up on stage and be critiqued :rotfl:

No. But you can probably look it up. The episode was called "Ambulance Baby".
/QUOTE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEuSjnlTWCg

Okay-that is so cool!

But I couldn't help but want the stretcher reclined more.:laughing:

And all the women on this show amaze me that they have term or near term babies and no signs they are pregnant. Meanwhile, I look like I ate a basketball with 10 weeks to go.:rotfl2:

Mrs Muffin-a local TV kids show back in the stone ages

http://www.neworleansradioshrine.com/mem-mrs.-muffin.html

Mom practiced saying our names-because EACH child did this on the show-our last name was hard to say and I was 5 and my brother 4

BUT when Mrs Muffin got to my little brother she asked him-"Who do you look up to?"

Brother proudly said his name
Mrs Muffin incredulously asks-WHO is Alexander Whatchamacallit???

My little brother says "That's ME!!"

The whole place starts laughing:goodvibes

Okay-that is so cool!

But I couldn't help but want the stretcher reclined more.:laughing:

And all the women on this show amaze me that they have term or near term babies and no signs they are pregnant. Meanwhile, I look like I ate a basketball with 10 weeks to go.:rotfl2:

I still haven't watched it. But I can assure you they didn't ask for any of my input on the dramatized segments. :rotfl: Most TV shows get plenty wrong when attempting to depict medical care. (Don't even get me started about the time Dr House used an AED with manual paddles to shock someone in a moving elevator. For those not in the know, AEDs don't have manual paddles and don't have a screen...so you can't declare dramatically "he's in V-fib! I need to shock him!")

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter