We've FALLen for WDW...An October 2010 PTR! New 10/14 TR Link Added

DisneyCrafter

DIS Veteran
When? October 2-10, 2010

Where? Coronado Springs Resort (CSR)

Why? I'm a member of DIS, do I really need to explain myself? :lmao: I am ADDICTED to WDW! (I'm serious! :lmao:...really, I am!) && Thanks to my cousin and BFF (same person, she's just so awesome she gets two titles) who was accepted into the CP and who will be spending the fall in WDW as a Cast Member, we have a reson to go! (I am SO excited to live vicariously through her this fall!) I could NOT bear to let her go that long without seeing me! So nice of me, right?! :lmao:

An Interview with the Vacationers
We Booked the Trip: It's Official!
Can you help me make my ADR choices?
A Look Back to my very FIRST trip to Disney World!
A Look Back to my December 2006 Family Trip!
Finally, I bring to you our dining choices!
A Look Back to OUR Disneymoon!
Disneymoon Scrapbooking Pictures!
Making the ADRs
A Look Back to OUR Christmas Time 2009 Trip!
I need to think of things besides Disney!
Park Bag
Why I love visiting Disney World.
Must Do Attractions
Food & Wine Wonderfulness
Snacks, Snacks, Snacks!
Homemade Mousekeeping Envelopes!
Day One Plans!
Day Two Plans!
Daily Three Plans!
Trip Binder!
Day Four Plans!
Day Five Plans!
I made a MICKEY tote bag!!!!
Day Six Plans!
Day Seven Plans!
Day Eight Plans!
Day Nine Plans! The End! Boo!
What I WON'T do on vacation!
Top Ten List: Number 10
Top Ten List: Number 9
Top Ten List: Number 8
Top Ten List: Number 7
Top Ten List: Number 6
Top Ten List: Number 5
Top Ten List: Number 4
Top Ten List: Number 3
Top Ten List: Number 2
Top Ten List: Number 1 See Ya Real Soon!

So, I hope you join in. popcorn:: I am excited to share my excitement with you. :cool1: I also hope that you will share your advice, opinions, and experience with me! :grouphug:
:)

An Interview with the Vacationers

RuthsChris.jpg

That's me and DH at my birthday dinner.​

Q: So what do you do for a living?

A: Well, I am a Nanny and I love my job. I consider myself a SAHM in-training! :lmao: I have my degree in Early Childhood Education but after 4 years of school and a short time spent teaching, I decided the education field wasn't for me. Oops! :confused3

DH works as a Design Analyst for a insurance software company. He is also going to school part-time for his MBA and will graduate in December of this year! :cool1:

Q: What do you enjoy to do in your free time?

A: My main hobbies are scrapbooking, vacation planning, and reading. I also enjoy cooking and baking, watching movies, and I have recently begun a adventure in sewing (more on that in my GAD project).

DH loves video games. He is a Nintendo loyal. He even recently began a blog about his adventures while playing. He doesn't have much free time between working full time and taking classes and any free time he has is usually spent playing the Wii. I've never met anyone as good at playing video games as him but then again, he has had 20+ years of practice. :laughing:

We Booked the Trip!

:banana::cool1::banana::cool1:

I was over on the CSR board today and saw 2 posts about CSR being booked for the times they were wanting to go. I wasn't taking ANY chances! I called and they only had king rooms available but that's exactly what I wanted so :thumbsup2. The CM made it seem like there weren't very many rooms left at all! Phew!

DH walked in the door from work while I was on the phone with Disney and I quietly whispered to him that I was booking our trip and he got a big smile on his face! :love: Oh the reasons why I love him...:laughing:

Disney actually had a fantastic deal on the airfare. It was $40.00 less than what I saw on AirTran's website. Plus, because I purchased Trip Insurance as well, if we need to cancel or reschedule the trip because of the weather (which can be unpredictable at that time) it is covered! :thumbsup2 Plus, if a special comes out (I.E. FREE Dining, it can still be applied! :banana: )

Now, I have just a little over a month to get my ADR's in place. April 5 is my 180 mark! :banana: Any suggestions would be wonderful!! I have many places in mind already and I will be posting my selections as the time draws nearer.

Congratulations on booking your trip! :woohoo:

You and your DH make a cute couple. :hug:

Thanks and Thank You! I saw pictures of your baby boy and he is so adorable I showed a few of your favorites to my DH and he said "Awwww". You are so close to your trip, I am excited to hear how it goes!

I just thought I would share a quick story. This morning we met DH's parents and aunt & uncle for breakfast. We told them that we were going to Disney again in October and my DFIL just shook his head and said "Why don't you go to Disneyland or something?" :confused3 He just DOESN"T understand! I did say "...but we are going to Michigan in June!" I don't want to have to explain myself. No one in my family has the Disney Bug like I do, at least I DIS!:love:

Oooh! I have recently just discovered PTRs and TRs and needless to say - I'm hooked! We are probably going in October as well, so your title caught my attention for sure! :woohoo: We will be traveling with my cousin and her family as well, so as soon as I read your first entry, well, I knew we'd have a lot in common - now if I could just nail them all down with dates, we could book! ;) We are soooo hoping for Free Dining to come around as well, that would be awesome.

Keep up the good work!popcorn::

Oooh! I have recently just discovered PTRs and TRs and needless to say - I'm hooked! We are probably going in October as well, so your title caught my attention for sure! :woohoo: We will be traveling with my cousin and her family as well, so as soon as I read your first entry, well, I knew we'd have a lot in common - now if I could just nail them all down with dates, we could book! ;) We are soooo hoping for Free Dining to come around as well, that would be awesome.

Keep up the good work!popcorn::

Thanks! When I first found out about the DIS, I went BONKERS! Free Dining would be amazing! It just ends up being the best deal. The percentage off the room would be great but you can't beat FREE food! :)

:cheer2: I'm rooting for you to get some dates set! GO girl!

P.S. Epcot is my favorite too! I can't wait for Food & Wine Festival!

Hey there! Thought I'd come on over since you posted on my PTR. :)

I just thought I would share a quick story. This morning we met DH's parents and aunt & uncle for breakfast. We told them that we were going to Disney again in October and my DFIL just shook his head and said "Why don't you go to Disneyland or something?" :confused3 He just DOESN"T understand! I did say "...but we are going to Michigan in June!" I don't want to have to explain myself. No one in my family has the Disney Bug like I do, at least I DIS!:love:

Grrr, isn't that frustrating when people say that? My grandparents used to say that all the time..."you're going to Disney World AGAIN? Don't you get sick of it?" Ummm, no!

Hey there! Thought I'd come on over since you posted on my PTR. :)

Grrr, isn't that frustrating when people say that? My grandparents used to say that all the time..."you're going to Disney World AGAIN? Don't you get sick of it?" Ummm, no!

Thanks for stopping by! I know! I don't feel I should have to explain myself. It's something I enjoy doing, I look forward to it and I enjoy every minute of my time when I am there!

P.S. The WDW shirt your parents and sister picked up for you on their trip is the same shirt I bought for DH for Christmas! Also, read my next post. Thanks! ;)

Thanks to wdwgirl03, I stopped at Borders this morning and picked up a new book. :cool1:

hiddenmagicbook.jpg

I am SO excited to begin reading it.

I have been trying to keep myself busy with doing some decorating around the house. Well, actually just browsing through websites and ordering catalogues. We have had our house almost a year and it is looking more and more like a home but now I have more of an idea what style I like and such. This Saturday DH and I are going to paint our main level bathroom. It is a small bathroom (half bath) so it shouldn't be too big of a project. We are going to paint it blue. I will try to remember to post pictures! :)

I hope everyone is enjoying their Wednesday and I will try to work on a post about the trip sometime in the very near future!

ADRs

This topic has turned into (for me) one of the biggest indicators of where my trip fill fall on the awesome scale. :) BUT-I go crazy trying to decide what to choose and when to go. I thought I would share with you my breakfast, lunch and dinner choices and any input you could offer would be great!

I also should mention here that we have the Disney Dining Plan (the one that includes 1 QS and 1 TS per night).

BREAKFAST

Boma
We :love: with this place! We went here on our last trip in December and I discovered the goat cheese & chive eggs as well as the banana bread. :cloud9: I really think this a must do every trip. I know we'll regret it if we don't do it.

1900 Park Fare
The bacon was the best I have ever had on WDW property. The sticky pecan buns are amazing. The strawberry soup screams comfort to me (my mom makes a jello mold that tastes very similar). I really think I will miss it if we don't return here.

Kona
I really want to try the Tonga Toast, if only for the strawberry syrup. Well, and the sugary goodness that appears on the outside. Plus, I really think that DH will enjoy the macadamia-pineapple pancakes.

Crystal Palace
I want this ADR for 2 reasons. 1. To get into MK before the park actually opens and 2. Puffy French Toast. We had dinner here on our honeymoon and I wasn't impressed but the breakfast appears to get better reviews and the ability to get into the park before opening with an ADR=Score!

Total Credits Used: 4

LUNCH

Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre
DH loves burgers and I love onion rings. I want to try one of the cookies & cream milkshakes. I also think the atmosphere of this place is awesome.

San Angel Inn
I regretted not trying this last time. The atmosphere of the pavilion is really neat. Plus, the soup looks great! The lunch menu seems to be more appealing and from what I've read here on DIS, get better reviews than dinner. Plus, I want to spend our evening at EPCOT sampling all the food the F&W festival has to offer.

Plaza
The fries look delcious. Again, DH likes burgers and I would like him to get his fix as I only make them about once a month here at home. Another good reason is to have a TS on our MK day.

Total Credits Used: 3

DINNER

Narcoossee's
This is the signature restaurant I found something on the appetizer, entree, and dessert menu that I wanted to try (the hearts of romaine salad, the filet, and the almond-crusted cheescake). Plus, I saw pictures and it looks as though it has a great romantic atmosphere! Now, if I could get DH to agree to get the Maine lobster as his entree I would be on :cloud9:.

California Grill
The only other signature restaurant (besides Citrico's which we have already had) that I found an appetizer, entree, and dessert that I wanted to try (the triple cheese or BLT flatbread, oak fired filet, and valrhona chocolate cake). The ability to see Cinderella Castle and possibly wishes from our table is another things to add to the awesome scale for the vacation.

Le Cellier
I don't think I even need to explain this one. I just hope it lives up to all of the hype!

Ohana
I like that it is a take on a brazilian steakhouse. The food looks like something both DH and I would enjoy

Beaches & Cream
I want ice cream from here soooo bad. Also, another burger joint for DH.

Total Credits Used: 6/7 (I don't know if Beaches & Cream accepts the DDP)

COUNTER SERVICE:

Flame Tree BBQ
I really enjoy the food, they really do make great BBQ ribs. If only those DARN birds would GO AWAY!

Earl Of Sandwich
I can't wait to try a different sandwich and DH will be very disappointed if we do not return here.

Wolfgang Puck Express
Another place DH will be disappointed in if we do not return. I really enjoyed their flatbread pizza.

Total Credits Used: 3

That makes 14 credits and that's not even covering every meal. I know I have entirely way too much planned!

I'm willing to give up California Grill and uh....nothing else. Places like Sci-Fi, San Angel, Beaches&Cream, Plaza and Kona would be OOP. Now, I just have to be realistic and figure out approximate costs. Free Dining would definitely help but I am already expecting at least a room discount to come up and do not want to be spending as much on the trip as is now anticipated. (Unless we magically come up with more money. Wait it's Disney, Magic Happens right??? :lmao: If that happened I would love to upgrade to DxDP just for the flexibility and snack credits for F&W)

Now, if you haven't fallen asleep or clicked away from this post by now, PLEASE HELP! "Talk" out loud with me. Thoughts? Would you do it differently? What are your favorites? HELP! :grouphug:

Hi! I saw that you started a PTR and popped over! Your plans look great so far! I'm sure there will be some kind of discount... when do they usually announce free dining? If I were on an adults only trip with my DH I think I'd consider going with the Deluxe plan!

Hi! I saw that you started a PTR and popped over! Your plans look great so far! I'm sure there will be some kind of discount... when do they usually announce free dining? If I were on an adults only trip with my DH I think I'd consider going with the Deluxe plan!

Thanks for stopping by! Free Dining, from what I've read, is usually announced a little less than 6 months before. Deluxe Dining would make the most sense for all of the restaurants I want to try and return to. We did the DxDP on our honeymoon and it was nice but A LOT of food! We didn't really snack very much at all. But b/c we are going during Food & Wine we'd be able to use those snack credits easily. I also am more up to speed on what is actually a snack. On our honeymoon I thought it was popcorn, pop, and icecream pretty much!

Hi, just joining in :)

You guys sound sooo excited to be going, bet you can't wait. Hey maybe we'll bump into each other as we will be there when you guys are :)

CSR is a lovely resort, are you going to request a building?

The Hidden Magic is awesome, I read it super quick and there is so much info in there. I am going to reread again soon and put stickies on the pages I want to defo look out for when we are in the parks.

Your ADR's look good, which one are you looking forward to the most?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter