We've FALLen for WDW...An October 2010 PTR! New 10/14 TR Link Added

Yay for getting the book! I'm reading it through a second time so I can highlight all the stuff I want to look for. I feel like I'm back in college only this is so much more fun. LOL.

I am going to be no help when it comes to ADRs. :sad2: We don't usually make a lot of ADRs and have only eaten at a handful of places. I do like the Sci-Fi, Prime Time, Whispering Canyon Cafe, and Mama Melroses. The Crystal Palace seems like it would be neat.

Hi, just joining in :)

You guys sound sooo excited to be going, bet you can't wait. Hey maybe we'll bump into each other as we will be there when you guys are :)

CSR is a lovely resort, are you going to request a building?

The Hidden Magic is awesome, I read it super quick and there is so much info in there. I am going to reread again soon and put stickies on the pages I want to defo look out for when we are in the parks.

Your ADR's look good, which one are you looking forward to the most?

Thank you for joining in! For the past few days I was getting sad that no one wanted to read my PTR! :grouphug: Maybe we will bump into each other in October! Where are you staying? Are you doing the DDP? What restaurants are you looking the most forward to? (Lots of questions! :laughing:)

As far as CSR, yes I plan on making a room request. I want to check out the CSR Info Thread in more detail to decide which building to request. Definitely not the Ranchos, though.

Hmm...I have no idea which ADR I'm most looking forward to. There are reasons why I am looking forward to each one! That's what makes choosing so hard. My next task to keep me busy from constantly trying to pick which days to go to each restaurant is to price (using allears.net) the approximate cost so I know roughly how much the food is going to cost us. :) I love number crunching!

About the Hidden Magic. That is what my plan is, I am reading it now all the way through without making any marks and then I plan on reading it again shortly before our trip, making notes and flagging the things I want to check out, then I'll bring it to the park with me.

Yay for getting the book! I'm reading it through a second time so I can highlight all the stuff I want to look for. I feel like I'm back in college only this is so much more fun. LOL.

I am going to be no help when it comes to ADRs. :sad2: We don't usually make a lot of ADRs and have only eaten at a handful of places. I do like the Sci-Fi, Prime Time, Whispering Canyon Cafe, and Mama Melroses. The Crystal Palace seems like it would be neat.

If you read what I just posted to Stefy, that is my plan as well for the Hidden Magic. Now, I just need to find a comfortable park bag that I can fit the book in!

DH and I took a very last minute trip in December and couldn't get very many ADR's and choose not to do the DDP. I love eating out (and not just at QS) so the DDP definitely makes the most sense for us! However, we did discover many new QS places that we enjoy b/c of it! What are your favorite QS places?

Thank you for joining in! For the past few days I was getting sad that no one wanted to read my PTR! :grouphug: Maybe we will bump into each other in October! Where are you staying? Are you doing the DDP? What restaurants are you looking the most forward to? (Lots of questions! :laughing:)

As far as CSR, yes I plan on making a room request. I want to check out the CSR Info Thread in more detail to decide which building to request. Definitely not the Ranchos, though.

Hmm...I have no idea which ADR I'm most looking forward to. There are reasons why I am looking forward to each one! That's what makes choosing so hard. My next task to keep me busy from constantly trying to pick which days to go to each restaurant is to price (using allears.net) the approximate cost so I know roughly how much the food is going to cost us. :) I love number crunching!

About the Hidden Magic. That is what my plan is, I am reading it now all the way through without making any marks and then I plan on reading it again shortly before our trip, making notes and flagging the things I want to check out, then I'll bring it to the park with me.

Would be cool if we did bump into each other. I might wear some Lime Green Mickeys on my bag that we got from a fellow Diser.

We are staying at the Poly and cannot wait as it is our first time staying at that resort. We are doing the DxDP for the first time also. Restaurant we are most looking forward to would be, I think, Cali Grill. You should check out my PTR we can compare notes :goodvibes

Ranchos looks ok, but I must admit it wouldn't be my first choice, being so far out.

Number crunching is not my forte, am terrible at maths :teacher:

Whereabouts are you up to in the book?

Looking forward to reading more :)

Would be cool if we did bump into each other. I might wear some Lime Green Mickeys on my bag that we got from a fellow Diser.

We are staying at the Poly and cannot wait as it is our first time staying at that resort. We are doing the DxDP for the first time also. Restaurant we are most looking forward to would be, I think, Cali Grill. You should check out my PTR we can compare notes :goodvibes

Ranchos looks ok, but I must admit it wouldn't be my first choice, being so far out.

Number crunching is not my forte, am terrible at maths :teacher:

Whereabouts are you up to in the book?

Looking forward to reading more :)

I'm torn between requesting Cabanas or Casitas. We may go to the Dig Site once or twice (maybe more to use the hot tub depending on the weather) but I think the majority of our pool time will be spent at one of the quiet pools.

In the book I am almost through with Epcot, so about halfway. It is amazing to me that all of that planning went into WDW. So magical. :cloud9:

I am going to work on a post right now (my laptop AC adapter decided to break this weekend and I was sharing DH's computer which he needs for school so I wasn't able to use it for very long) but I just thought I would quickly share some information.

So I got a piece of mail from Disney today. Well, I guess I should say my house did. It was to the previous owners. Guess what it was? A PIN CODE!!!! For FREE DINING!!!!! Let's not get excited b/c it is only good for travel dates from June-July. If it was applicable for the time we were there I would call and try to use it.

DH and I took a very last minute trip in December and couldn't get very many ADR's and choose not to do the DDP. I love eating out (and not just at QS) so the DDP definitely makes the most sense for us! However, we did discover many new QS places that we enjoy b/c of it! What are your favorite QS places?

Hmm, my favorite QS places, let's see...in no particular order:
-Casey's
-Cosmic Ray's
-Pizza Planet
-Pizzafari
-Electric Umbrella
-don't know if it counts as QS but the bakery in France!
-Earl of Sandwich at DTD
-Backlot Express

I'm torn between requesting Cabanas or Casitas. We may go to the Dig Site once or twice (maybe more to use the hot tub depending on the weather) but I think the majority of our pool time will be spent at one of the quiet pools.

In the book I am almost through with Epcot, so about halfway. It is amazing to me that all of that planning went into WDW. So magical. :cloud9:

I can't speak for Cabanas, but Casitas is in a really good location. We walked by the quiet pool for that building and, even though it was closed, it looked like it would be quite peaceful. We were in building 4A and the walks to Pepper Market were, I would say, about 5-8mins. We went to the Dig Site once and that took us about the same amount of time (depends on your pace too hence 8mins).

I think that book is really cool, I remember reading it and thinking, gosh I had no idea that was there, or thats what that means etc :laughing:

I am going to work on a post right now (my laptop AC adapter decided to break this weekend and I was sharing DH's computer which he needs for school so I wasn't able to use it for very long) but I just thought I would quickly share some information.

So I got a piece of mail from Disney today. Well, I guess I should say my house did. It was to the previous owners. Guess what it was? A PIN CODE!!!! For FREE DINING!!!!! Let's not get excited b/c it is only good for travel dates from June-July. If it was applicable for the time we were there I would call and try to use it.

Aww its a shame you couldn't use that pin code. Hopefully you will get one soon. How cool is it though that the previous owners of your house were also Disney fans :goodvibes

Just joining in! You are going to love CSR especially those new rooms!

Welcome! I am very excited to stay at CSR. I really think I am going to like it a lot. Especially because we are planning two "relaxing" days during our trip. We will spend the other 4 days in the parks.

Hmm, my favorite QS places, let's see...in no particular order:
-Casey's I got corn dog nuggets from here and they were enjoyable. At the time I thought they were okay (maybe too much breading) but I would love some right now!
-Cosmic Ray's I think DH and I just ordered the wrong things (ribs and chicken).
-Pizza Planet The last time I ate here was 2004. I do want to have it again, because I remember it being good!
-Pizzafari
-Electric Umbrella
-don't know if it counts as QS but the bakery in France! This is my FAVORITE bakery EVER!
-Earl of Sandwich at DTD DH is obsessed with this place!
-Backlot Express

I can't speak for Cabanas, but Casitas is in a really good location. We walked by the quiet pool for that building and, even though it was closed, it looked like it would be quite peaceful. We were in building 4A and the walks to Pepper Market were, I would say, about 5-8mins. We went to the Dig Site once and that took us about the same amount of time (depends on your pace too hence 8mins).

I think that book is really cool, I remember reading it and thinking, gosh I had no idea that was there, or thats what that means etc :laughing:

Aww its a shame you couldn't use that pin code. Hopefully you will get one soon. How cool is it though that the previous owners of your house were also Disney fans :goodvibes

I didn't think of the pin code that way! That is pretty neat that they loved Disney too! I want to request Casitas but then I think of the beach atmosphere of the Cabanas and I second guess myself. :confused3 Oh well, I'll get it figured out!

I was the same when it came to requesting a Long House and I ended up doing a 1st Choice and a 2nd Choice, maybe you could do that too :)

Hello! :wave2: I found your PTR and have subbed in to join the fun. I love to scrapbook too! I am venturing into sewing as well. I am looking forward to making a few things for DD and baby blankets for Project Linus. We are heading down to Disney in September, just a couple weeks before you. :woohoo: We are hopoing for free dining too! We should know in a few weeks what deals they will be running during that time frame hopefully.

:yay: for booking!! It makes it so very real and then with ADRs fast approaching, that made if feel even more real to me. :goodvibes:

Where in Michigan are you visiting?

I have Hidden Magic on my bookshelf to be read too. I am hoping to get to it after I finish this semester, but I may save it for our drive down. :thumbsup2

ADRs: We have eaten at Sci-Fi and found it ok but I guess we are unusual because of this opinion. Le Cellier--we loved! It was really good. We are not eating there this go around--trying other places! I would love to pop into Beaches and Cream one night for a treat but that will depend on how we are doing. I cannot wait to try EOS--all the reviews just seem to glow about it so it is on my definite list for when we are in DTD. If Disney offers free dining, are you going to upgrade? I might ask to see how much it would cost and consider it. Free dining should be announced sometime around the end of March since the current promotion booking time period expires on 3/26. The dates go through August 14th, and typically free dining starts on August 15th. So the signs are there!!! :cloud9:

Hello! :wave2: I found your PTR and have subbed in to join the fun. I love to scrapbook too! I am venturing into sewing as well. I am looking forward to making a few things for DD and baby blankets for Project Linus. We are heading down to Disney in September, just a couple weeks before you. :woohoo: We are hopoing for free dining too! We should know in a few weeks what deals they will be running during that time frame hopefully.

:yay: for booking!! It makes it so very real and then with ADRs fast approaching, that made if feel even more real to me. :goodvibes:

Where in Michigan are you visiting?

I have Hidden Magic on my bookshelf to be read too. I am hoping to get to it after I finish this semester, but I may save it for our drive down. :thumbsup2

ADRs: We have eaten at Sci-Fi and found it ok but I guess we are unusual because of this opinion. Le Cellier--we loved! It was really good. We are not eating there this go around--trying other places! I would love to pop into Beaches and Cream one night for a treat but that will depend on how we are doing. I cannot wait to try EOS--all the reviews just seem to glow about it so it is on my definite list for when we are in DTD. If Disney offers free dining, are you going to upgrade? I might ask to see how much it would cost and consider it. Free dining should be announced sometime around the end of March since the current promotion booking time period expires on 3/26. The dates go through August 14th, and typically free dining starts on August 15th. So the signs are there!!! :cloud9:

Yay! Another subber! :banana: I think this PTR so far has more posts than my last one (which was also my first). Welcome! :grouphug:

:cloud9: If Free Dining does come out and is good for the time that we are there, I will be SO happy! I did the math this week and it does make sense to upgrade as our $$ spent on meals OOP (b/c we will exceed TS credits given with DDP) exceeds the difference it would be to get the DxDP (and that's not even including snack credits-which WILL be used as we plan on visiting the F&W Festival for our dinner one evening! (P.S. I believe the DxDP is 71.99 a person as opposed to the 41.99 it costs for the DDP (that's per person, per night). You really just have to sit down and figure out if it's worth it or not. The DxDP is A LOT of food. I spent a good few hours on allears.net going through menus and such and picked what I thought I would want and priced it. I'm glad I did though because I didn't want to get the DxDP and be being too much.

We are going to visit Saugatuck I believe. We want a beach getaway that's not too far from home and I believe it takes about 2.5 hours to get there from our house in IL.

Have a great time on your beach vacation! The only area I have been on that side of the state is the Holland area.

I really do think the DxDP will ultimately be too much food for us and I do not think I will be able to get my four year old to want to sit still for that much time! :rotfl:

Have a great time on your beach vacation! The only area I have been on that side of the state is the Holland area.

I really do think the DxDP will ultimately be too much food for us and I do not think I will be able to get my four year old to want to sit still for that much time! :rotfl:

I nanny for a 4 year old and I know she would NEVER be able to sit through 3 TS meals a day, well maybe she could but I couldn't handle it. Sometimes it takes her an hour just to eat lunch b/c she gets so distracted! :) However, I enjoy the break from the park and since we will be spending 6 days in WDW world, I am not worried about seeing everything, I know we will have more than enough time!

Home Remodeling

So, I know I promised a post a few days ago but we have actually been pretty busy around here! I finished painting the bathroom last weekend and have been decorating it. Also, I have been purchasing various items and decorating other places around the house.

The big thing we have going on is that my Dad is building a "built-in" entertainment center of sorts. We told him that we wanted him to build a custom fireplace because we have 20 foot ceilings in the livingroom of our townhouse and we thought it would make a great impact. Well, this is the outcome so far...

(well, actually this is what it looked like yesterday, today the entire thing is framed out and the fireplace is in place as well as the recessed lighting-I will post a picture of that sometime soon)

100_2170.jpg

I am very excited for it to be completed! I know it is going to look great. We are going to mount our TV above the fireplace too.

Now a little information about our trip...

I think that we will be upgrading to the DxDP if FD comes out for the dates we are there or if a room discounted is offered that matches or exceeds the difference we would pay. There are just too many restaurants I want to try and I really enjoy sitting down to meals, it gives me a break! I figured out the cost, using allears.net, and found that the amount we would be paying OOP exceeds the difference between the DDP and the DxDP and I wasn't even including snacks! If no discounts are offered (and I highly doubt this) than I will be deciding which ADR's not to do b/c I want to keep this trip within the budget we have already set aside.

I hope you get FD *** then you can upgrade. I know what you mean about wanting to dine at so many restaurants, its great that the DxDP can give you that option.

How do you guys get FD over there? For us, its just there when we start going through the booking/reservation.

I hope you get FD *** then you can upgrade. I know what you mean about wanting to dine at so many restaurants, its great that the DxDP can give you that option.

How do you guys get FD over there? For us, its just there when we start going through the booking/reservation.

If it is attached to your name in the form of a pin code (they also could mail you a pin code or email you one) then you will find out when you call. Otherwise, we wait for a special to be announced through WDW. The website will have it posted and there are usually commercials on the TV. Also, if you are a Disney Visa Rewards member, sometimes you can find out or take advantage of the specials sooner. The current specials end March 26th I believe, so most are anticipating FD to be announced that the end of this month. My dates may not qualify for the first release of FD, but they may extend it. I would be happy with a room discount as well, as long as it allows me to break even if I choose to upgrade to the DxDP.

Wow! That was a lot of information, haha. :)

I would LOVE to try the DlxDP, eating out is one of my favorite things to do, especially since I'm the one who does all the cooking for may family - I want to try new things, that I didn't have to make! ;) Plus making all of those ADR's would be so fun. Maybe sometime if DH and I can go without the kids... :)

Your built-in is going to be nice, your high ceilings are so cool!

You will love Saugatuck, it's a great little resort/beach town. Also if you are into wine, there are several nice winerys in the area. We live about 35-40 minutes north of Saugatuck in Grand Haven, it's a great little town as well if you are feeling like exploring! :goodvibes

I would LOVE to try the DlxDP, eating out is one of my favorite things to do, especially since I'm the one who does all the cooking for may family - I want to try new things, that I didn't have to make! ;) Plus making all of those ADR's would be so fun. Maybe sometime if DH and I can go without the kids... :)

Your built-in is going to be nice, your high ceilings are so cool!

You will love Saugatuck, it's a great little resort/beach town. Also if you are into wine, there are several nice winerys in the area. We live about 35-40 minutes north of Saugatuck in Grand Haven, it's a great little town as well if you are feeling like exploring! :goodvibes

I also love to eat out and that is probably why I want to upgrade to the DxDP. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks for the comment about the built-in. We can't wait for it to be finished! :)

I went to Saugatuck for an afternoon about 10 years ago while I was staying in South Haven with a friend's family. I don't remember much about it. We just want to go somewhere and sit by the pool/on the beach and relax, do a little shopping, and eat! :laughing:

Vacation News!

Notice how I didn't say trip news...that's because I have caved and booked a Las Vegas trip for DH and I in June. It will be a two week late anniversary trip! So Michigan is cancelled...at least for that weekend. DH loves Vegas, he's been twice (once when he could gamble). I'm very excited, we don't gamble much but I am excited to see the strip at night and visit the stores and such. We will be taking a late flight out and spend 3 full days there!!! We are staying at the Treasure Island. Has anyone reading been to Vegas? What are the best shows to see, places to eat, etc.??? I am so excited to start planning that trip too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter