"We've gone too far"-A sister trip with surprise guest Irma! Sept 2017 - Completed 4/16

I had heard Boma was the best breakfast buffet at WDW, so decided to give it a try. I also really wanted to check out AKL.
It did not disappoint, and I loved it all, so much so that I booked it for my March trip!

Yum!! We're eating here for breafst in May for the first time ( we've eaten dinner there several times and loved it) ... it all looks so good!

There ended up being so many people, at one point the line extended all the way to our table!

Busy! Not sure I would like people around me like that while eating, but hey, its Disney! lol!

I feel that Alex & Ani struggle so hard. You don't just want one. You want THEM ALL, which reminds me need a new one hehe

Awww, I'm sorry about the Zebra Domes. Hopefully the next time you get them you have much better luck than your first two opportunities.

I'm loving all these purchases especially all the Peter Pan stuff. And that Simba baby plush is so cute. What a lovely gift. (*eye roll at parents who are anti-Disney princess tho*)

All the resorts along the river look so pretty! I go to school in the real Saratoga Springs so I'm mad I haven't seen that resort yet to check for authenticity (for the record, we aren't all into horses).

YAS TO STAR WARS DAY! (That was originally what Raven & I had planned for our last day before unfortunate circumstances.) I love the outfits and all the themed photos. LOL @ the Vulcan sign on ToT. Talk about throwing all the fake fans for a loop. Omg, you're getting me so hype about all the Star Wars stuff Disneyland is getting. I'M SO HYPE TO MEET REY, IT'S GONNA BE WORSE THAN ME MEETING VADER AND CALLING HIM DADDY VADER.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your night! :mickeyjum

YKgkVxK.jpg
This is too cute!!! Definitely would've worked for MNSSHP, but your Belle costumes were awesome!

Love your homage to Dr. Spock on ToT :)

RIP Zebra Domes :(

I love Alex & Ani too. Funny that your sis originally didn't want to stop and then ending up buying 3!

I bought that same photo album! Still need to print out the pics to go in it, it's hard narrowing them down!

I love that DHS has Stitch dressed up in different forms.
Oh, I know! That's why I had to buy a second album!

We never got to see Indiana Jones Stitch though!

It amazes me how many people don't do this! Especially when it's men!

Your sister and Morgan, Morgan has really cure Narwhal slippers and a giant plush narwhal that she got for Christmas.

Is it because you guys are slow moving? I feel like that should be ours (minus me).

This is hilarious! Why do you hate K2SO so much?
Yeah, if I see a kid or parent or old person I definitely offer to get up.

Haha about Narwhals! If my sister shows up at Disneyland I'll have to get them together!

Yeah, growing up we always visited my Grandma/uncle in Vancouver and because my uncle didn't have a family he could get annoyed at how much time it takes to get prepared to go anywhere with kids, so he'd call us a "herd of turtles". Then, when my mom tracked down her "family crest" it had turtles on it! So, they've become our symbol!

I totally didn't see it as me going to hit him until you said so!

Loved reading about/seeing your productive morning at Disney Springs. For some reason I usually think of it as a PM option, but I like how you worked it in here - and bonus points for hopping on that boat! Glad you caught it with no wait.

Peter Pan Forever. Great pillow. I wonder if they have much Peter Pan merch in the parks...

::yes:: You should DEFINITELY print the TR. It's great, and having a hard copy for the album will feel good, I'm sure!

Cool photo setting!
Yeah, it just worked out well that morning to head back there since there was so many places we didn't get a chance to see on our previous evening. I do love Peter Pan-they still have the plate and bowls and pillows in the park. I got another pillow which shows the Neverland map (I think Peter Pan's backdrop at WDW) and is really pretty.

Yum!! We're eating here for breafst in May for the first time ( we've eaten dinner there several times and loved it) ... it all looks so good!

Busy! Not sure I would like people around me like that while eating, but hey, its Disney! lol!
Yum! Have fun! It was a bit awkward, but at least we had a half-bench, so it didn't feel as awkward as just sitting at a table surrounded by people.

I feel that Alex & Ani struggle so hard. You don't just want one. You want THEM ALL, which reminds me need a new one hehe

Awww, I'm sorry about the Zebra Domes. Hopefully the next time you get them you have much better luck than your first two opportunities.

I'm loving all these purchases especially all the Peter Pan stuff. And that Simba baby plush is so cute. What a lovely gift. (*eye roll at parents who are anti-Disney princess tho*)

All the resorts along the river look so pretty! I go to school in the real Saratoga Springs so I'm mad I haven't seen that resort yet to check for authenticity (for the record, we aren't all into horses).

YAS TO STAR WARS DAY! (That was originally what Raven & I had planned for our last day before unfortunate circumstances.) I love the outfits and all the themed photos. LOL @ the Vulcan sign on ToT. Talk about throwing all the fake fans for a loop. Omg, you're getting me so hype about all the Star Wars stuff Disneyland is getting. I'M SO HYPE TO MEET REY, IT'S GONNA BE WORSE THAN ME MEETING VADER AND CALLING HIM DADDY VADER.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your night! :mickeyjum
We'll have to do a Star Wars day when you get over here! I can't wait to meet Rey, though I shudder a bit at the wait times! Remember-Disneyland Summer Saturdays are your friend for crowds; so many of the lower passholders have saturdays (or the entire summer) blocked out, its better to go then rather than another day of the week!

I think I'm working on the princess stuff! I would get them princess dresses but that'd probably be pushing it too far! But I got Alice a Belle toy for Christmas, and Maya a set of princess bathtoys, so I'm making inroads!

This is too cute!!! Definitely would've worked for MNSSHP, but your Belle costumes were awesome!

Love your homage to Dr. Spock on ToT :)
I love mixing genres! :P

Day 10, Part 5 Up close and personal with a stormtrooper!

After Star Tours it was about 10 minutes away from the next March of the First Order. I decided to go and get a front row view, while Lauren was hungry, so she stopped to get nachos from Min & Bill’s Dockside Diner. She was very nice and took a photo for the TR and texted it to me without me asking! (Of course in the months since then I've tried to clear out space on my phone and ended up deleting text message photos without saving hers... so just imagine a big plate of Nachos! :confused3)

f3fYyBb.jpg

I didn't realize they come up so close, so two of the troopers got within a few inches of my face! But the whole thing was fun, despite being in the beaming sun!

Y7mLyAN.jpg
BTC9HNT.jpg
Ewv1pEq.jpg
J5awEyP.jpg
6wromH8.jpg
9NyP9Zx.jpg

I then joined Lauren while she finished eating.

ikKYXZu.jpg

I was getting hungry too and felt like I needed A/C, so we decided to head down to Backlot Express for a Star Wars inspired lunch/dinner (it was about 4:15). Unfortunately when I got in there I decided I didn’t feel like the dark side chicken and waffles, so instead got a Caprese Sandwich.

cBUbmm8.jpg
6piGTEj.jpg

The sandwich was good, not ground breaking, but basic and appreciated on that hot day! There was also a family there who was being so noisy and annoying and then they left all their trash everywhere even though they had to pass 3 trash cans to get out the door! So inconsiderate! :furious:

Now we were thoroughly refreshed, we decided to check out Walt Disney Presents. I definitely liked all the exhibits, and they had just installed the Toy Story and Star Wars Land models a few days earlier (we had actually been there that day and seen them, but didn’t realize it was the first day)! I’m big into models and miniatures, so was excited to see all the ones for Disneyland too. I did overhear a CM giving the wrong information about Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge (that there would be 3 rides, etc), so stepped in to correct him :rolleyes:!

4bXwgHF.jpg
RnOyoo3.jpg
5XmNrP8.jpg
GwyonTO.jpg
PAhUv7p.jpg
Vre4fNY.jpg
awDv9Ea.jpg
FeIWJMy.jpg

Looking at the design for the Alien ride I realized it’s going to be the same ride mechanism as Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree. That’s one of my sister’s favorite rides so she was excited (though I don’t know when she will get back to WDW).

Cont... Magic Shots Galore!

Day 10, Part 6 All of the Magic Shots!

It was then time for the Frozen Sing Along. Originally I didn’t plan on doing this, but we had time to kill before our FP (and DHS was getting busier, with no way to move the FP to earlier).

SpSGr1t.jpg
LbqhLbf.jpg
cnDLGk6.jpg

I thought it was fine, but wasn’t too impressed as I’ve seen the Frozen show at DCA which is spectacular! I also didn’t think the jokes were too funny, and the audience in my section wasn’t singing along! That snow storm at the end was cool though! And it was a nice A/C and seated respite!

Of course, we had to stop to get a few more PP!

p09QaDn.jpg

And of course, requested several specific Magic Shots (but I felt bad when the photographer took us over to the fountain, as a family was just walking up to try and get photos and he abandoned them without realizing it!) The photographer did appreciate though that I knew which photos I wanted as that made it easier on him!

bJDGXky.jpg
sk8zeWG.jpg
qyZYLjz.jpg

Finally, it was time for our FP for RnRC. And we were able to check out Rocker Stitch on our way out

RKmT6wN.jpg
veB7Q1g.jpg

I haven’t decided yet if I like this ride or not. I like the idea of it, but still got a headache from the intensity. I rerode Screamin to see if it was the same, but I think Screamin is a) less intense, and b) you can see where you are going, so know how to brace yourself. Screamin is also a larger in square footage so it doesn’t need as many sharp turns!

Cont... Dessert from outer space!

Now we were thoroughly refreshed, we decided to check out Walt Disney Presents.
So, just want to say thank you (to you and others) for taking and posting photos from this area. We'll have to skip this on our trip, and it's nice that I've still been able to see it.

I thought it was fine, but wasn’t too impressed as I’ve seen the Frozen show at DCA which is spectacular! I also didn’t think the jokes were too funny, and the audience in my section wasn’t singing along! That snow storm at the end was cool though!
Glad to hear your thoughts. My little cousin loves Frozen (well okay I like it too!), and I assumed we'd do this - until I read about the narrator couple! In any case, I'm glad you thought the snowstorm was cool!

I like the idea of it, but still got a headache from the intensity.
Ugh, I'm sorry! I hope you had some Advil with you. Do you think weather was a factor? I have a theory for myself: Sun + Roller Coaster = Headache. But it has to be a certain kind of coaster...I'm going to be annoying and ask how you'd compare RnRC, which I haven't done, to Space Mountain (DW) and Expedition Everest. On one hand, there's what I would call intensity (EE) and on the other, there's 'unsmoothness' (Space Mountain)...:scratchin

ETA: Explanation.

Last edited:

Ha, I never even realized anyone but Captain Phasma got in your face during the March of the First Order. Stormtroopers are just so fun. I wish they were more around at Disneyland because the way they interact with guests in Studios is just great.

Backlot Express is by far the perfect place to get quick, satisfying meals. You'll definitely have to go back and get the Star Wars themed food because it is really good and filling (a bit weird to look at as food though).

MJJ at Disney World but with Toy Story aliens??? Interesting. And lol, you knew more than me a former CM and that CM. I don't even have that information about how many rides there are going to be in Galaxy Edge. Pixar Pier is def more my focus as is Toy Story Land.

If only you had been around when the Frozen Sing-A-Long was the American Idol Experience. That was WAAAAYYYY better. I haven't even done Frozen because of the change (and because of my exponentially growing disdain for Frozen anything), but I just know AIE was better because it was legit like being at an AI screening.

I love all the magic shots! Looks like you were having a blast with that photographer. Sorry to hear you're not a big RnRC fan! It's funny you find it so rough since I've yet to hear that from anyone even those who complain constantly about MK's Space Mountain. It'll be interesting than to see how I feel about Incredicoaster/Screamin'.

Can't wait to read more about your day! :mickeyjum

I just binge read your entire TR and now I'm caught up... But when I saw your sisters shirt here, I literally screamed out loud. I absolutely LOVE Carousel of Progress. Her shirt is amazing!! I'm officially on a hunt to find it.

Love love love the way you write your TR though. I've never been to DL or DCA so I love the little side stories about your visits there...ha! Someday I'll go :)

Ugh, I HATE when people leave their trash at QS restaurants!! Seriously, how hard is it to just walk your tray over to the can!?

Love all the Magic Shots! I guess I just need to get bolder about asking for what I want. I do miss the days when they were just truly magical and ended up in your account without knowing exactly what the PP photographer was setting you up for. They have so many cute ones now, and we always seem to end up with just Tinkerbell!

So, just want to say thank you (to you and others) for taking and posting photos from this area. We'll have to skip this on our trip, and it's nice that I've still been able to see it.

Glad to hear your thoughts. My little cousin loves Frozen (well okay I like it too!), and I assumed we'd do this - until I read about the narrator couple! In any case, I'm glad you thought the snowstorm was cool!

Ugh, I'm sorry! I hope you had some Advil with you. Do you think weather was a factor? I have a theory for myself: Sun + Roller Coaster = Headache. But it has to be a certain kind of coaster...I'm going to be annoying and ask how you'd compare RnRC, which I haven't done, to Space Mountain (DW) and Expedition Everest. On one hand, there's what I would call intensity (EE) and on the other, there's 'unsmoothness' (Space Mountain)...:scratchin

ETA: Explanation.
That's too bad you have to skip it, though it is more like a museum, not really exciting. They have some great models, plus some recreations of things from Walt's past, so his drawing desk, etc. We didn't end up sticking around for the movie.

I guess for the singalong, if you have time to kill, might as well go and see it, but otherwise, meh. But Frozen at Disneyland-wow! Like seriously Broadway caliber!

And I always carry Advil with me! I don't think it was weather but more because my head would just ping-pong back and forth between the restraints, so once it was done I started to feel icky, before we even got released from the car. I think I will try to give it a second chance in December though.

For comparisons, I would prefer RnRC over Space (DW)-Space is even worse for a jerkiness. RnRC is also cool inside with lots of black lights and twists. But Everest is definitely my favorite WDW coaster. So much smoother and just fun! Even with the going backwards (which can cause my stomach to jump into my throat if I ride too many times in a row), it worked better. I loved doing it at nighttime in March-sort of a great compromise to the dark Space or RnRC!

Ha, I never even realized anyone but Captain Phasma got in your face during the March of the First Order. Stormtroopers are just so fun. I wish they were more around at Disneyland because the way they interact with guests in Studios is just great.

Backlot Express is by far the perfect place to get quick, satisfying meals. You'll definitely have to go back and get the Star Wars themed food because it is really good and filling (a bit weird to look at as food though).

MJJ at Disney World but with Toy Story aliens??? Interesting. And lol, you knew more than me a former CM and that CM. I don't even have that information about how many rides there are going to be in Galaxy Edge. Pixar Pier is def more my focus as is Toy Story Land.

If only you had been around when the Frozen Sing-A-Long was the American Idol Experience. That was WAAAAYYYY better. I haven't even done Frozen because of the change (and because of my exponentially growing disdain for Frozen anything), but I just know AIE was better because it was legit like being at an AI screening.

I love all the magic shots! Looks like you were having a blast with that photographer. Sorry to hear you're not a big RnRC fan! It's funny you find it so rough since I've yet to hear that from anyone even those who complain constantly about MK's Space Mountain. It'll be interesting than to see how I feel about Incredicoaster/Screamin'.

Can't wait to read more about your day! :mickeyjum
Oh, there are definitely plenty of stormtroopers around in Tomorrowland; you may have missed them though. They also are bringing March of the First Order this summer, so maybe even more! And for a while last fall they had roaming droids, but I think they may have paused that because annoying kids started beating them up and they didn't have a "character handler" to help control anyone (it wouldn't have been as immersive).

Haha about the CM! Star Wars will have 2 rides - Battle of First Order and Millenium Falcon. The battle ride is insane-sort of like an amped up dark ride combined with Great Movie Ride (I don't remember if there will be live people or holograms) combined with Star Tours for screens, plus more interactive story and crazy detailed queue that will truly be part of the ride. Millenium Falcon will be sort of like Mission Space, though without the same intensity, where you have tasks and push buttons...but it will actually impact the outcome of the ride; they say the outcome of how you perform on that ride will impact the rest of your experience in the park - so, you crash the Falcon, then the bartender at the restaurant/quick service will give you a hard time, while First Order people will congratulate you!

I can say for your first time in Incredicoaster, you need to request Row 1! Wow-just awesome with the launch start but in the outdoors next to the pier where you can wave at people.

I just binge read your entire TR and now I'm caught up... But when I saw your sisters shirt here, I literally screamed out loud. I absolutely LOVE Carousel of Progress. Her shirt is amazing!! I'm officially on a hunt to find it.

Love love love the way you write your TR though. I've never been to DL or DCA so I love the little side stories about your visits there...ha! Someday I'll go :)

This is the etsy shop we got that shirt from: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CarolinaMagnoliaDes?ref=l2-shopheader-name
It looks like she is on vacation right now, but hopefully will be back!

Thanks for the response! I hope people like the DLR insight, since I know these boards have a lot of WDW-only people!

Ugh, I HATE when people leave their trash at QS restaurants!! Seriously, how hard is it to just walk your tray over to the can!?

Love all the Magic Shots! I guess I just need to get bolder about asking for what I want. I do miss the days when they were just truly magical and ended up in your account without knowing exactly what the PP photographer was setting you up for. They have so many cute ones now, and we always seem to end up with just Tinkerbell!
Seriously! And what sort of example are they showing their kids? Meanwhile, in March, when I was on Wild Africa Trek, there was a family, and the boys (elementary/middle school age) actually helped the CMs clear all the tables without even being asked!

For the MS, Photopass has a facebook page with an album for each park and all of the available shots and where you can request them! Though for March they hadn't updated to include Flower and Garden, so they all ended up being a surprise, which was nice! Including one I hadn't even heard about beforehand, so that was a definite surprise (I'll get to that eventually in the other TR)

Great magic shot pics!

I am not the biggest fan of RnRC, always gives me a headache too!
Thanks!

I like the idea of it, but still got a headache from the intensity. I rerode Screamin to see if it was the same, but I think Screamin is a) less intense, and b) you can see where you are going, so know how to brace yourself. Screamin is also a larger in square footage so it doesn’t need as many sharp turns!

I always want to like RnRC too, but get a bad headache! I agree that it’s bc of my head pinging back and forth between the headrest! Whereas I never had that problem with Screamin! It’s prob my fave rollercoaster from all the Disney parks!

I'm going to be annoying and ask how you'd compare RnRC, which I haven't done, to Space Mountain (DW) and Expedition Everest. On one hand, there's what I would call intensity (EE) and on the other, there's 'unsmoothness' (Space Mountain)...:scratchin

I know you didn’t ask me, but I’ll contribute my 2 cents as well :laughing: I have zero problems with Space or EE, but RnRC definitely shakes my head around a lot! I know plenty of people have no problem with it, so maybe it’s a height thing? And of the 3, I’d say EE is by far the best :)

We finally got checked in and then waited 45 minutes to have our names called and let through the gate, then another 10 minutes for us to actually get escorted to our table!

Wow, that is a really long time to wait to be seated when you have a reservation. Even when you're "the restaurant" to eat at, you shouldn't leave people waiting that long.

After that ride, Lauren and I both vowed to never ride again! It really felt like the rocket was going to fly off the tracks. I was honestly thinking, well I hope one of my PP photos turned out well because that is what they will use on the news story! I think it needs a refurb badly to replace the track with something smoother

I've heard that Disneyland's Space Mountain is million times better than WDW's!
(DLP's is so completely different it's hard to even compare them.)

I haven’t decided yet if I like this ride or not. I like the idea of it, but still got a headache from the intensity.

Forewarning: I love WDW's version of Rock N Roller Coaster and tried the Disneyland Paris one, and it kicked my butt! I walked away with such a headache, so it's definitely way more rough than the WDW one.

Glad you loved Animal Kingdom Lodge so much you booked it for your March trip. It is such a gorgeous resort and has some tasty restaurants. Definitely give the fresh zebra domes another shot! They really lose something after sitting awhile...

Your time at Disney Springs sounds like it was really fun. Love how your sister walked in not intending to buy anything and left with 3 bracelets...that's how it goes, sometimes.

Forewarning: I love WDW's version of Rock N Roller Coaster and tried the Disneyland Paris one, and it kicked my butt! I walked away with such a headache, so it's definitely way more rough than the WDW one.
Oh boy-thanks for preparing me! I'll give it a try and see if it's a one-and-done or repeatable!

Day 10, Part 7 Droid Smuggling!

We had the Star Wars Galactic Dessert party coming up that evening so headed in the direction of the Launch Bay because we wanted to take a photo with BB-8 first. We did end up splitting up because Lauren decided she wanted to get a medium-sized Stitch for her boyfriend (and he loves it). I went ahead and entered the launch bay to get in line since the BB-8 time was displayed as 40-minutes, which freaked me out! :sad2:

As I walked in, one of the CMs complimented my shirt, and I told her R2-D2 was coming behind me, she just needed to stop and pick up Stitch (when Lauren came up about 5-10 minutes later, that CM made sure to give her a hard time about being a droid smuggling in an illegal alien)! When I got to the BB-8 line the custodial CM assured me that posted time was wrong and it was a max 15 minute wait, which let me breath a sigh of relief! There also ended up being a CM switcheroo and the one who joked about our shirts was now showing us into the photo area, so she made a big announcement that some familiar droids were coming to visit BB-8! :teeth:

The BB-8 animatronic was very cool. The meet was basic, as much as you can have with a machine! When we were leaving I said I was going to have a cupcake with BB-8 on it and he got very worried until I assured him it was a compliment! :duck:

R29umqX.jpg
PHhAKmd.jpg

When we got out they were letting people into the dessert party. We ended up grabbing a table near the roped off entrance/exit against a wall. I understand the standing room only so they can fit more people in, but it is very tiring, so I would end up sitting on the floor behind the table occasionally (I wasn’t the only one doing that)

(Also, sorry for bad quality of photos; this was before I got a camera that could actually take decent low light photos!)

Here's what we had available:

Savory Table: Smoked sea-salted flatbread with Roasted Red Pepper and Black Bean Dip w/Siracha Sauce; Cheddar and Green Olive Saber; Provolone and Tomato Saber; Grape Saber; Seasonal Melon

plHmXNI.jpg
cdSSMLc.jpg
mOPQBj8.jpg

Sweet Table: Vanilla and Chocolate Sugar Cookies; Blue Milk Panna Cotta; BB-8 Lemon Cupcake, Mini Chocolate Cake, Citrus Financier, Pistachio Morella Cherry Bites, Rice krispy bon bons, R2-D2 Vanilla Cupcake, Darth Vader Peanut Butter Cupcake

HsVoVpv.jpg
gObGw4H.jpg
EusdYMY.jpg
DXuIazp.jpg

Ice Cream and Baked Table: Space Junk Bread Pudding (had cake, marshmallows, pretzels, M&Ms, and other random stuff), Red Velvet Brownie, Nutella Freeze Dried Ice Cream (I missed a photo of this and I think it was actually with the larger sweet table), Regular vanilla ice cream with whipped cream, fruit, space dust, and vanilla sauce

PsZoXw8.jpg
37MYAr1.jpg

My Plate 1

piVzOCL.jpg

“Plate” 2-bread pudding with ice cream and space dust. I asked if there were nuts in the bread pudding (I’m not allergic, just picky), and they brought over the chef because I guess it changes every day depending on who makes it. She confirmed there were large walnuts that night, but I decided just to eat around them!

PgwSyh2.jpg

Plate 3 (I actually ended up having to replace this plate, as we stepped away to go get character photos and someone thought we were done!)

C9ya6mL.jpg

Lauren’s Plate 1. She said “this dessert party is a sham, there’s no chocolate covered strawberries”. Once she had the Nutella ice cream, she was a bit more satisfied!

QHIPVjH.jpg
QnhPcQk.jpg

Lauren returning with Plate 2 and very proud of her balancing skills. She also found a grape skewer BB-8

OCPzACI.jpg
j0nBgLA.jpg

We did end up sharing 2 drinks but they were too alcoholic for me. I think it was the Galactic punch and light speed margarita, but maybe it was the Cosmic Citrus Twist :confused3. We did get a couple sodas though (and the CM working the rope kept making sure we knew there was alcohol available)…

qi6GOoF.jpg
T2FC7vA.jpg

Stormtroopers came through occasionally and were not happy when I yelled, “join the resistance!” :darth:

oVqVJeS.jpg

My favorites were the mini financiers. I also got a bunch more cheese skewers, but wish they had just the blocks of cheese like at HEA. I didn’t hate this party, but didn’t like it as much as I thought. I think if there had been seats it would have been a slam dunk for me though!

Day 10, Part 8 "Knock knock knock"

After stuffing ourselves, we decided to take photos with Chewbacca and Kylo Ren. Chewie had a tiny line (more because some other people beat us to the line when they realized there was no one in it). But his meet was very much a roar-take a few photos-wave goodbye! No hug or anything! Sort of disappointed there.

2SddZDM.jpg

For Kylo, there was literally no one in line, so we were worried he was “closed”. But the CM was able to knock on the door and we were escorted in, with a tiny delay (I think the friend of Kylo may have taken off his mask for a bit). He definitely tried to be intimidating, but yeah, I wasn’t having any of it!

aibIIkv.jpg
KgDaWwQ.jpg

Eventually everyone from the dessert party gathered at the bottom of the stairs for the stormtrooper escort…and waited…and waited. The CMs were even looking around, like, um, whats the hold up. It was less than 10 minutes before the fireworks! Finally the stormtroopers came rushing out. You see, the fireworks were normally at 9pm. But this was the first evening they had switched to 8:30. So the stormtroopers weren’t prepared and didn’t realize they needed to be out earlier than before! We made it out just fine though and picked up our tie-fighter popcorn bucket on the way.

Turns out the fireworks were definitely not as busy as I thought they would be. People could come up about 5 minutes before it started and still find a spot in the center right near the dessert party! Oh well, at least we had elbow room! I did like the show, but agree there was not enough pyro. Like they should have more during the projections not projection – pyro – projection – projection -pyro , etc

hDnH6tb.jpg
NRJHjLM.jpg

After the fireworks, in theory we could have rushed to another ride, as the park wasn’t closed for another 10/15 minutes, but we were tired and decided to head out with everyone else. It was very nice though that POFQ had a very near bus stop and we were able to get on the first bus out (can’t remember if we had to stand or not).

We got back to the resort and spent a while packing up everything! It definitely sucked when I thought I was good and turned around and realized I still had some purchases left! But we got everything put away. We also packed up all the unopened food into a different (paper) bag and decided to take it to the front desk in the morning in case they wanted it for the break room.

Cont...saying farewell to Disneyworld!

BB-8 looks like such a cute meet and you sounded like you really had a fun experience just waiting to meet him. I love when character attendants really have fun with their job. UGH I miss that character meeting life so much.

I'm sorry to hear the Dessert Party was lackluster. It looked well themed, but not much to offer besides roaming Stormtroopers and adult drinks. Honestly dessert parties just seem such an excuse of an upcharge, but hey you got to be escorted to the fireworks by Stormtroopers!

Awww, I'm sorry to hear Chewbacca was lackluster. He's usually so fun. Well, luckily you probably had gotten in some good meets with him back at DL. And your reaction to Kylo Ren is such a mood. They need to bring Daddy Vader back to DHS, he's much more fun than Ben Solo.

I'm so shocked you didn't like the Star Wars fireworks. I personally think they're the best at WDW. I cried every time I watched them during my program and was so sad when Jingle Bell Jingle Bam replaced them for a bit. But I guess to each his own. I'm hearing really cool things about the Pixar fireworks so I'm ready to be snatched by those.

Oh no, it's your departure day chapters next. Sadness :'(

BB-8 looks like such a cute meet and you sounded like you really had a fun experience just waiting to meet him. I love when character attendants really have fun with their job. UGH I miss that character meeting life so much.

I'm sorry to hear the Dessert Party was lackluster. It looked well themed, but not much to offer besides roaming Stormtroopers and adult drinks. Honestly dessert parties just seem such an excuse of an upcharge, but hey you got to be escorted to the fireworks by Stormtroopers!

Awww, I'm sorry to hear Chewbacca was lackluster. He's usually so fun. Well, luckily you probably had gotten in some good meets with him back at DL. And your reaction to Kylo Ren is such a mood. They need to bring Daddy Vader back to DHS, he's much more fun than Ben Solo.

I'm so shocked you didn't like the Star Wars fireworks. I personally think they're the best at WDW. I cried every time I watched them during my program and was so sad when Jingle Bell Jingle Bam replaced them for a bit. But I guess to each his own. I'm hearing really cool things about the Pixar fireworks so I'm ready to be snatched by those.

Oh no, it's your departure day chapters next. Sadness :'(
Oh, I don't think I disliked the dessert party or fireworks. The desserts were actually very good and it was fun being in the launch bay. I just wish there was seating available! I think someone said you can occasionally find benches around the area, but we didn't see them, so just stood at the table. And the CMs were great, really cheerful and helpful, giving tips on what to try.

For the fireworks themselves, I mean they were good, but not as amazing as I was hoping for. I knew people said there isn't enough pyro, and I agree. I watched Symphony in the Stars on youtube, and I wish they had just added projections to that show, since it looked really awesome! I know Lauren got to see that version, and didn't realize they had changed it, so she was confused as to why she remembered more actual fireworks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter