What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Well, you'll be happy to know that I bought both versions and hadn't decided which I was going to use. I read that the flour ones seem to get soggy and the corn seems to hold up a bit better. I wasn't sure which way to go so I bought both just to be safe until I actually make them. I guess I should be leaning towards the corn then?
I'm Mexican, please believe me when I tell you there is no real Mexican enchilada recipe on earth that uses flour tortillas. What a gummy, gloopy mess they make.

Enchiladas are made with corn tortillas that are lightly fried before being stuffed/rolled with filling. Anything made with flour tortillas and called enchiladas is not enchiladas.

True story: I had a boyfriend in college that I was waffling about breaking up with. Then he took me to a relative's house for dinner. She served enchiladas made with flour tortillas. I broke up with him shortly after that. The enchiladas pushed me over the cliff. 🤣

Last edited:
When I have stale flour tortillas, I fry them up and coat with a cinnamon sugar mixture for a shortcut bunuelo.

Probably similar to the bunuelo chips we have in the market. Hubby actually brought some fresh bunuelos home the other day from a new sandwich shop that opened in our neighborhood.

IMG_0953.jpeg

(horrible pic- I was too close!)

We haven't been eating out very much lately, but tonight we're doing the early bird 3 course meal at a local restaurant. Date night!

We have been under the weather for a week with not much appetite so tonight we are just having the other half of the deli sandwiches we had for lunch. No energy to cook.

I'm going to try to make enchiladas for the first time in my life. I just got home from the grocery where I bought all of the needed ingredients. My cooking skills are very limited so wish me luck.
Just find a recipe that makes sense to you and follow it precisely. Anybody can cook, if they have decent reading comprehension. :goodvibes You'll do great.
Anyone else here for inspiration?
No, quite the opposite. It's making me envious and I sort of regret reading it all. I'm longing to both cook and eat. We're enduring an endless kitchen reno and all I've got to work with is a toaster and a kettle. So much horrible fast food and so, so much sandwiches and cereal. :( Tonight we had a deli roast chicken (still a little warm when I got it home) with buns and a bagged salad, which felt like a big upgrade.

Just find a recipe that makes sense to you and follow it precisely. Anybody can cook, if they have decent reading comprehension. :goodvibes You'll do great.

No, quite the opposite. It's making me envious and I sort of regret reading it all. I'm longing to both cook and eat. We're enduring an endless kitchen reno and all I've got to work with is a toaster and a kettle. So much horrible fast food and so, so much sandwiches and cereal. :( Tonight we had a deli roast chicken (still a little warm when I got it home) with buns and a bagged salad, which felt like a big upgrade.

I hate that mid-reno, tired of take out and appliance improv place. Last time we did it, we were putting our home on the market. I didn’t want to touch anything so we really didn’t do any kitchen cooking again until we moved. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer for you guys.

Why am I envisioning a 9 minute egg (like for Ramen) in a homemade rice noodle bowl with shredded carrot, marinated ginger, shredded english cucumber, edamame (Trader Joe's has this so easy), and/or avocado and a little smoked salmon with a soy/hoisin glaze...

I figure the kettle could do the egg and the rice noodle softening...and then everything is raw. But if you need an idea for an amazing meal:)...

Friday’s dinner is some type of shrimp. Most likely my combo of sautéed red peppers and onions with a can of diced tomatoes, seasoned with Old Bay. Maybe over rice or noodles.

No space for a electric fry pan? Or it is you don't have a fridge to keep any food?

Not cooking sounds great for about three days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter