What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Pizza tonight! Our grocery store sells pizza dough balls, so I take the easy way and keep a couple in the freezer to pull out when I want something easy. I just use plain tomato sauce that I add a bunch of oregano, basil, and garlic to for sauce. Whatever veggies, meat, cheese etc. I have finish it off.

Last edited:
Going out with a number of other couple in our neighborhood for dinner. We’re going to another neighbors’ restaurant - a sushi/hot pot restaurant.

Tonight is salmon, Alfredo noodles and broccolini. Might also do a salad. I skip the noodles, but DH requires noodles/rice/bread/potatoes at every meal and preferably more than one.

We’re ordering pizza tonight. I even asked my husband to stop on his way home & get some Cokes to go w/ the pizza… it’s been awhile since I’ve had a really good cold Coke w/ a slice of pizza.

For DW tonight I grilled the tenderloin from a Porterhouse steak and served it along with sweet green peas and quinoa.

For myself I sautéed a can of sardines in EVOO with onion, garlic, black pepper, cayenne powder, curry powder, ginger powder then simmered in a bit of apple cider vinegar + beet juice + ketchup. Added some peas and quinoa and good to go.

This week, I made some taco chicken in the slow cooker. 2 lbs of chicken, a large onion, 4 bell peppers, a large can of tomatoes, taco seasoning, adobo sauce, garlic, and some cumin. Tonight I ate it over rice, but you can also use tortillas.

For myself I sautéed a can of sardines in EVOO with onion, garlic, black pepper, cayenne powder, curry powder, ginger powder then simmered in a bit of apple cider vinegar + beet juice + ketchup. Added some peas and quinoa and good to go.
I loveeee fresh sardines but honestly never thought of cooking canned sardines.
Thanks for putting my brain to work and helping to use up all the canned fish pantry goods!

Last edited:
For DW tonight I grilled the tenderloin from a Porterhouse steak and served it along with sweet green peas and quinoa.

Just curious. Any time I've eaten sardines I have had them just out of the can on crackers. One thing I learned to do from my mom was removing the spines before crushing them all up together. I'm assuming you don't do this with this recipe? Just curious because it looks like something I'd like to try but I wasn't sure about the bones.

My SIL is Italian and wanted to do a pizza night with us. So he’s bringing over the homemade dough and I’m providing all of the sauce/toppings/cheese.

It should be a yummy Saturday night dinner!

Just curious. Any time I've eaten sardines I have had them just out of the can on crackers. One thing I learned to do from my mom was removing the spines before crushing them all up together. I'm assuming you don't do this with this recipe? Just curious because it looks like something I'd like to try but I wasn't sure about the bones.
Open can and into pan as is. Spines are not an issue following heating.

Pizza tonight! Our grocery store sells pizza dough balls, so I take the easy way and keep a couple in the freezer to pull out when I want something easy. I just use plain tomato sauce that I add a bunch of oregano, basil, and garlic to for sauce. Whatever veggies, meat, cheese etc. I have finish it off.

We’re ordering pizza tonight. I even asked my husband to stop on his way home & get some Cokes to go w/ the pizza… it’s been awhile since I’ve had a really good cold Coke w/ a slice of pizza.

My SIL is Italian and wanted to do a pizza night with us. So he’s bringing over the homemade dough and I’m providing all of the sauce/toppings/cheese.

It should be a yummy Saturday night dinner!

another vote for pizza! dh has an errand to run so i hit him up to do a pickup at mod pizza (LOVE their family size salads-they last us several days :thumbsup2 ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter