What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Leftover salmon tonight. It’s one of the few things I prefer not to have leftovers of, but it happened so DH and I finished it off. I just think it doesn’t reheat well. I can eat it cold on a salad, but DH would never go for that.

Leftover salmon tonight. It’s one of the few things I prefer not to have leftovers of, but it happened so DH and I finished it off. I just think it doesn’t reheat well. I can eat it cold on a salad, but DH would never go for that.
Maybe useful for a different time?
I use leftover cooked fish to make a type of pate that’s nice for oh right, SuperBowl Sunday, a charcuterie night- you get the idea. Can also be used in tacos.
HTH!

Someone earlier posted a sushi bake that involves precooked salmon with (imitation) crab (for holding the price down) - it warms the salmon bake up in a wet mix, so it might be a nice compromise between you and spouse - warm/hot for him, but not overdone/dried as all get out for you...(I also don't like to cook salmon a 2nd time - I prefer it cold or in a wet mix b/c it gets SO dry)...

Trying out a new shumai recipe today for a change of pace. Just making the filling and wrapping in cooked lasagna noodles as it’s easier for a taste test or when I just don’t feel like doing tiny wrappers. Lay the finished product on a bed of thinly sliced green and yellow squash and I’ll be happy. Assuming I like the filling that is, LOL.

Someone earlier posted a sushi bake that involves precooked salmon with (imitation) crab (for holding the price down) - it warms the salmon bake up in a wet mix, so it might be a nice compromise between you and spouse - warm/hot for him, but not overdone/dried as all get out for you...(I also don't like to cook salmon a 2nd time - I prefer it cold or in a wet mix b/c it gets SO dry)...
I’ve mostly gotten around the fish leftover conondrum by telling the fishmonger to cut filets the size of a deck of cards For me. He hears that now and knows it’s for me, LOL. Now if I could just get my food shoppers to realize I only want center cut, all would be well.

Using leftover pizza topping ingredients to make a chicken soup today. I roasted a whole chicken, so this worked at perfectly!

☔🍗 🍲

We had barely warm Mac and cheese with salad. My oven is dying and I had the Mac and cheese in for an hour and half. It’s 18 years old and I’ve replaced the thermostat and some other things over the years so I think it’s time for a new one.

Last night, my husband & I went out, & the kids fended for themselves (2 adults & 1 almost adult… they were fine & made some kind of tortellini sausage thing…).

Tonight, it’s scrambled egg sandwiches on English muffins w/ tator tots & fruit.

Tonight I am making a huge pot of chili for my little family. No matter how much I make, it never seems to be enough. My three grandchildren will devour it.
Your grands undoubtedly know a good thing when they taste it 👍🏾

Made Texas red chili last month but only about 1 lb. Think you’ve inspired me to make chili with chopped meat and beans- it’s so comforting and it’ll use up some of the ground beef I bought on sale last month. Thanks!

Made a nice very healthy chili this weekend with black beans, peppers, 99% ground turkey (plus other stuff), ds21 appreciated the protein and low fat. Tonight is tabbouleh and chicken sausage (my go to is quinoa salad but my 2 celiacs aren’t here and I haven’t had it in so long).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter