• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What’s for Dinner Tonight?

It’s National Margarita, but my husband has either flu or Covid (first test was negative) and I’m feeling yucky now too. So no margaritas for us. Whomp Whomp.

I made tortellini soup, salad and cheese bread.

Tonight it’s time for a burger topped with tomato confit, a coupla avocado slices and a side of cottage cheese and a half sour pickle.

Almost want a Cherry Coke with it but I’ll settle for OJ and seltzer.

Fish sticks and tater tots. I’m a bit embarrassed to type that out.
I always keep a box of fish sticks in the freezer….maybe my youngest son will stop by and I’ll have his favorite ”chicken nuggets” on hand 😂

Tonight, I’m off kitchen patrol. Some friends are taking me out for dinner and I’ve been looking forward to this date for ages. My hair stylist will Be here in another hour or so ( love him, nice of him to make a home visit but he has problems telling time) so off to do some extra beauty routines,lol.

Just chopped up some celery, pickled onions and put together tuna salad for tuna melts tonight. Still have this cold hanging on a bit and don’t want to go out to the grocery. Saving my energy since we leave for Maui soon and I want to feel better for that trip!!!

Hibernate and absolutely feel better for Maui.

I had a strange cold with only a stupid serious annoying cough. Cough lasted 3-1/2 week but felt totally fine. Weird.
Fisherman’s Friend Lozenges were lifesavers. Grown daughter had exact same stupid cough and her friend suggested fisherman’s. If you EVER need, they come in a box and buy the usual bag. Took me so long to find.

Have a great trip in Paradise!

Tina melts sound great. Love Tuna.

Hibernate and absolutely feel better for Maui.

I had a strange cold with only a stupid serious annoying cough. Cough lasted 3-1/2 week but felt totally fine. Weird.
Fisherman’s Friend Lozenges were lifesavers. Grown daughter had exact same stupid cough and her friend suggested fisherman’s. If you EVER need, they come in a box and buy the usual bag. Took me so long to find.

Have a great trip in Paradise!

Tina melts sound great. Love Tuna.
Thank you so much! and I will look into the Fisherman's lozenges. Sounds like a winner!

I always keep a box of fish sticks in the freezer….maybe my youngest son will stop by and I’ll have his favorite ”chicken nuggets” on hand 😂

Tonight, I’m off kitchen patrol. Some friends are taking me out for dinner and I’ve been looking forward to this date for ages. My hair stylist will Be here in another hour or so ( love him, nice of him to make a home visit but he has problems telling time) so off to do some extra beauty routines,lol.
I hope you had a fantastic evening.

We had dinner last night at a Night at the Races fundraiser for our daughter’s sport. I was complaining on the way there that the only thing I recalled about the night from a previous year was that the food was horrible and the parking was worse. They must have changed caterers because the food was more than decent although the parking was still a nightmare. Some kind of thinly sliced beef, chicken parm, a nice salad, rolls, etc.

Yesterday was a long driving day to go to my great nieces 1st birthday party 💓 they live in northern Wisconsin, so it was about 3 hours each way. By the time we got home, I wasn't in the mood to cook, so I had an avocado and a bagel with cream cheese.
Tonight, we are meeting youngests girlfriend for the first time... taking them out for sushi. Eek!

Last edited:
More "out of the box" dinners :teeth:

The first picture was last night and the second will be tonight:

1708875827758.png1708875868271.png

I did round out the tortellini recipe with garlic bread and a Caesar salad because we're not used to eating pasta as a "stand alone". The chicken meal tonight looks like it will do just fine without anything added on, but I may swap the rice for mashed potatoes as the menu items I've picked this week are pretty rice/pasta heavy. I try to mix it up when I'm ordering but somehow it escaped me this week.

Tonight will be sauteed sausage, peppers, and onions as a sandwich for DH. I don't care for that so I'll also make myself probably a grilled cheese with tomato soup. Plenty of leftovers for a couple of lunches for him during the week.
Great minds think alike. :) I'm going to have grilled cheese and tomato soup tonight as well.

Tonight is sticky chicken (whole chicken in the crockpot), baked potatoes, and asparagus. I planned this meal before I knew I’d have an oven and stuck with it because the chicken is cooking while I’m running errands and cleaning today.

Last night’s meal was “fantabulous” in every way. Haven’t eaten in a restaurant since 2020 and re united with a “back in the day“ person who has been on the outs with me for too long. And what a worthy meal for the occasion! The restaurant specializes in fish and each course was..well I’m a bit at a lost for words right now. Suffice to say it was lovely and worth the four year drought.

Tonight’s meal will pale in comparison but as Dorothy said “there’s no place like home “ 🙂

cream of carrot soup (base was already frozen just add cream to reheat)
butter poached bass and steamed asparagus with green beans.

Just came back from a stroll and a shopping spree at our local book store. Stocking up on reading material for our upcoming trip. After our purchases, hubby and I stopped at Fennel which is a Parisian/Mediterranean restaurant and had a late brunch. Delicious!

Will probably lay low for dinner. Maybe a sandwich?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter