What’s for Dinner Tonight?

We had our big meal for lunch today. Hollywood Brown Derby. We both had Cobb Salad ...and DH got a slice of grapefruit cake because it's his birthday.

We're eating dinner in our villa. I think I'm having Garlic Parmesan chicken and DH said he's having tamales

Pad Thai. I'm taking 10 before actually cooking it, but everything is prepped. I think I need an outdoor kitchen. I cook a lot of dishes that don't smell so great while being made, and this is one of them. Our house smells like fish sauce right now. :scared:

We had our big meal for lunch today. Hollywood Brown Derby. We both had Cobb Salad ...and DH got a slice of grapefruit cake because it's his birthday. , , ,
We're having cobb salad tomorrow (wish it were at Hollywood Brown Derby, but we'll just be at home.)

Acme's "cheep chicken deal" - 8 pieces for $6.99. Fries from the air fryer- sweet potato for me and regular for DH. Plenty of chicken will be leftover for another meal.
Ha. The other night we also had an 8 piece $6.99 chicken dinner from our store (Jewel….the name, not that it’s a jewel). Funny thing is I’m crazy about sweet potato fries and DH wouldn’t touch one if you paid him so he gets regular fries.

Pad Thai. I'm taking 10 before actually cooking it, but everything is prepped. I think I need an outdoor kitchen. I cook a lot of dishes that don't smell so great while being made, and this is one of them. Our house smells like fish sauce right now. :scared:

We're having cobb salad tomorrow (wish it were at Hollywood Brown Derby, but we'll just be at home.)
I make Cobb salad at home too.....using the Brown Derby recipe in one of the Disney cookbooks

Made it for a late lunch since my kid works so early...4...and doesn't get home until 310. So, I marinated shrimp all day in lime/garlic and then threw it on an indoor grill. Also marinated sliced zuchini in a similar marinade. Also grilled those.

Served with warmed corn tortillas, chopped onion and cilantro, some lime wedges, and some shredded cabbage. Also made a spicy mayo to go with it. Tastes like summer!

We had our big meal for lunch today. Hollywood Brown Derby. We both had Cobb Salad ...and DH got a slice of grapefruit cake because it's his birthday.

We're eating dinner in our villa. I think I'm having Garlic Parmesan chicken and DH said he's having tamales

I have never had the grapefruit cake, but man it sounds soooo good right now! Happy birthday to your DH!

Tonight was a Maple Walnut Bourbon Brown Sugar Salmon with a baked potato and cooked carrots. The recipe calls for green onions but I usually use shallots . I also skip the bacon in the recipe. I vary between walnuts and pecans.

DH & I have been traveling for two days, so our meals were on-the-go. Last night, we were desperate & stopped at Subway a little after 10:00, while we got gas & had a bathroom break.

Tonight we were looking for drinks for the hotel. There was a fast casual Halal restaurant next door. We picked up two platters to share. One was lamb the other was kofta kebab. Both were served over rice with salad & white sauce.

Speaking of eating on the road, the last time we were on the road, I took a break from posting. I didn't want to share in case you guys are mostly interested in home cooked meals. That would be totally understandable. We'll be on the road for at least three weeks this time, so no more home cooked meals for awhile. If you aren't interested in dine-in, take-out & the occasional nuked frozen meal, I'll be happy to just read for inspiration, but not post. Just let me know what you think. It won't offend me at all, if you mostly want to focus on meals cooked at home.

DH & I have been traveling for two days, so our meals were on-the-go. Last night, we were desperate & stopped at Subway a little after 10:00, while we got gas & had a bathroom break.

Tonight we were looking for drinks for the hotel. There was a fast casual Halal restaurant next door. We picked up two platters to share. One was lamb the other was kofta kebab. Both were served over rice with salad & white sauce.

Speaking of eating on the road, the last time we were on the road, I took a break from posting. I didn't want to share in case you guys are mostly interested in home cooked meals. That would be totally understandable. We'll be on the road for at least three weeks this time, so no more home cooked meals for awhile. If you aren't interested in dine-in, take-out & the occasional nuked frozen meal, I'll be happy to just read for inspiration, but not post. Just let me know what you think. It won't offend me at all, if you mostly want to focus on meals cooked at home.
I’d still like to hear what you are having. I am always looking for inspiration!

Food is a weird favorite subject for me - whether it is from your kitchen or someone else's. Please share ...and safe travels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter