What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Last night was haddock w/ritz cracker crumb topping, garlic roasted fingerling potatoes, and... can't remember the veg, mustn't have been too inspiring!

Tonight will be "Kid Night." Kraft dinner, either red hot dogs or homemade chicken fingers (depends on when I get home from work), and watermelon. This is a huge treat as we don't designate a difference between kid food and regular food, so the 7year old is pretty excited to get what he refers to as "kid junk!"

Tonight was going to be steak, but called an audible. So DH & I went to Carrabba's. I had lasagna and DH had spaghetti & meatballs. My lasagna was huge so DH had some. That left us enough spaghetti ( no meatballs though) to use as a starch side Sunday. Will do steak tomorrow.

Used up the rest of the ground turkey by making chili with carrots and kale added. Most was portioned and stored in the freezer but left a bit out for tonight’s dinner. Had a clementine for dessert.

Skipped the pho last night and went to Chilis cuz I wanted chips and salsa. Got the Santa Fe salad, with shrimp, too

Dh is grilling 8 steaks and 4 burgers right now. For 2 people. But, I threw some asparagus, green peppers, mushrooms on there. Made deviled egg pasta salad, and then guac for some tortilla chips I picked up last night. This will be our big meal today

Tonight was Ribeye steak cooked on our grill. As sides baked potato and our 1st corn on the cob in 2024. The local farm market/garden center had fresh corn from Southern states ( that's what the sign said). Far too early for Jersey corn , but it was very good.

Last edited:
I’ve no true idea why but I’ve been in the mood for comfort food this week.
Had some leftover tuna salad but no bread so I heaped it on Boston lettuce leaves, sprinkled with a little lemon juice, rolled and done.
Made a fresh Campbell type tomato soup with 1/4 can of whole peeled tomatoes and a bit of chicken broth and it’s official : no cooked leftovers in the fridge except a cup of tomato soup.

We were touring Salem, MA today. We're always looking for local favorites, so I googled "What food is Salem, MA known for?". (I do this everywhere we go.) The answer was seafood & Turner's Seafood was the recommendation. We hadn't eaten all day, so this was going to be our only meal for the day. Once again, we ordered several things. We had their bread basket, raw oysters, 2 apps (lobster cakes & bacon wrapped scallops) & 2 cups of lobster bisque. We were freezing, so the lobster bisque really hit the spot.

Edited for typo.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter