• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What’s for Dinner Tonight?

We had grilled Turkey burgers with cheese, avocado, and bacon on brioche buns with pasta salad for lunch. The plan for dinner is chicken fried rice, but if we aren’t hungry I’ll push it to tomorrow.

Update: I ended up making the chicken fried rice. I used up the last of a Costco rotisserie chicken, a half bag of frozen peas, and the last two carrots in the bag. It was a good fridge clean out meal.

Last edited:
Last night we ordered takeout from DH's favorite restaurant in his hometown. We shared a 5 piece chicken tender meal with mashed potatoes w/gravy, green beans, biscuit, an extra side of okra & ordered a side of country gravy to dip the chicken tenders in. I know..... I thought dipping chicken tenders in gravy sounded gross too :p , but that's what this place specializes in. That's the reason DH keeps wanting to go back, whenever we're in town.

Dinner tonight is to be determined.

Last night we ordered takeout from DH's favorite restaurant in his hometown. We shared a 5 piece chicken tender meal with mashed potatoes w/gravy, green beans, biscuit, an extra side of okra & ordered a side of country gravy to dip the chicken tenders in. I know..... I thought dipping chicken tenders in gravy sounded gross too :p , but that's what this place specializes in. That's the reason DH keeps wanting to go back, whenever we're in town.

Dinner tonight is to be determined.
That sounds divine. Fried chicken and cream gravy is one of my favorite guilty pleasures.

That’s so interesting. Being from Texas, I just assumed everyone dipped chicken tenders in cream gravy. We put cream gravy on everything.

What do you dip your chicken tenders in?
When I was growing up, our fried chicken was always bone-in. DH was the first person I knew who ate tenders, specifically at this particular restaurant. That is pretty much the only place I eat fried tenders to this day. If I'm going to eat fried chicken, it's almost always bone-in. Other people I know all dip their tenders in ketchup or ranch dressing.

Revisited the pork chops I ate earlier in the week and this time I made a grilled chop served with a hot cherry peppers, vinegar and wine sauce with spaghetti.
When I was growing up most every Italian American restaurant had it on the menu.

Finished off the naked Boston lettuce dressed with a lil lemon juice. Never saw that on any menu but was certainly from my past. Sometimes the best food memories are the simplest 🙂.

What do you dip your chicken tenders in?
I don’t think chicken tenders had been thought up when I was growing up. Maybe they were around when my kids were little but just another food I “deprived” them of 😂.

I would practice my knife skills and make poultry breasts (or veal) into scallopini/scallops which is essentially the same thing as nuggets and fingers. But they didn’t tend to be breaded, were thinner and weren’t served with a sauce on the side.
That would be fish sticks and the easy house sauce was basically mayo and ketchup mixed together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter