What’s going on the first week of December?

GaryDis

DIS Veteran
We were looking to book three nights that week at one of the DLR hotels for the first week of Dec. They were pretty much all booked up until mid-week, but we did get rooms that we wanted at that point. I’m surprised at that, and assume there‘s something going on.

But my real question is which days we should reserve for which parks? Single day tickets aren’t even available for Saturday the 9th, but two day tickets seem available. We want the 7th and the 9th, with a trip to Universal on the 8th. Ordinarily, we’d just pick arbitrarily, but with something going on, we’d like to know what gives before picking the days.

(Aside: are discounts available anywhere? It’s been several years but I remember getting discounted WDW tickets, while I don’t know about discounted DLR tickets.)

I hope nothing is going on! I am there the 7th-10th, but I booked my package a year ago through Disney. The Candlelight Processional is the weekend before so I was hoping this one would be a little less busy.

I show single day tickets available for the 9th. In fact I show all tickets types availabe for all of those days. Hoppers, multi day, single day, etc...

It looks like there's a convention at the convention center from 12/3-12/7 where they expect 20,000 attendees. That usually causes hotels in the area to fill up.

It looks like there's a convention at the convention center from 12/3-12/7 where they expect 20,000 attendees. That usually causes hotels in the area to fill up.
American Society of Health-system Pharmacists. I'm surprised their conference is so big.

Currently it's showing no availability for the 8th, 10th, and 11th.
Where are you seeing this? I see reservations available for both parks all of those dates for 1 day tickets or parkhoppers.

There are several reputable sites that sell discounted tickets. I have used getawaytoday, aRes, and I think I may have also used undercovertourist.

Where are you seeing this? I see reservations available for both parks all of those dates for 1 day tickets or parkhoppers.

There are several reputable sites that sell discounted tickets. I have used getawaytoday, aRes, and I think I may have also used undercovertourist.
Go through the standard purchase path at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/admission/tickets/, select Standard tickets, One Day, 2 Adults, One Park per Day, then hit continue, then go to December.

And I just did it again, and now they’re all showing up. Sigh. Their AI that controls how many they sell must be drunk.

I go to this conference every year but Anaheim is my favorite. The 20,000 is pretty accurate. The conference has 48 hotels listed. Most attendees (like me) arrive Sunday afternoon and the opening session will be Monday. The vast majority of people leave Wednesday but it officially ends Thursday. Hard to say if people prefer to arrive early or stay late to do the Parks. My colleagues are a mix of both.

On top of the 20000-25000 pharmacists at the convention center with discounted DLR hotels. (we have a discounted rate at the GCH, see my handle for the DIS), the Candelight Processional is also that weekend. It’s possibly the most popular event at DLR each year. I hope this helps.

On top of the 20000-25000 pharmacists at the convention center with discounted DLR hotels. (we have a discounted rate at the GCH, see my handle for the DIS), the Candelight Processional is also that weekend. It’s possibly the most popular event at DLR each year. I hope this helps.
The Candlelight Processional is the weekend before, the 2/3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter