What’s something you’re weird about..

OMG, :lmao: You guys are hilarious. So if i sang to you (loudly) all night long, you would be sound asleep? Lol.

Well, at most weddings, when I am tired, I pull up a chair near the DJs speakers and doze.off. Loud music soothes me! Many pics.of me, as a kid, sprawled out in front of speakers, or passed out at loud sporting events. The louder, the better I sleep!

The ONE thing I found, noise wise, that I cannot sleep through/to? That damn old game show, Sale of the Century. 🤪🤪🤪

I have a new one, and I might be the only one for this one.

It bugs the HECK out of me when someone wants to emphasize a word and they exaggerate the wrong sound.

For example if someone wants to emphasize get out, they would write get OUTTTTTTTT. Right? We’ve all seen it. How to you pronounce an extended ‘t’ sound? YOU CAN’T! It should be written get OUUUUUUUUT.

Ok, I feel a little better now.

*yes, I get this one is very specific and it just a technicality, but it grates on me lol

Oh heck no! I personally can sleep with ambient light in a room but DH needs it pitch black. We even have to put a towel under the gap in hotel rooms or he can’t sleep.
When I met my DH, he said he could never sleep with a light on in the house. He quickly realized he could either sleep with me or sleep in total darkness. Both was never going to happen. We've been leaving our bathroom & living room light on 24/7 for 28 years. I guess sleeping in pitch black darkness wasn't so important after all. :laughing:

When I met my DH, he said he could never sleep with a light on in the house. He quickly realized he could either sleep with me or sleep in total darkness. Both was never going to happen. We've been leaving our bathroom & living room light on 24/7 for 28 years. I guess sleeping in pitch black darkness wasn't so important after all. :laughing:

I used to be the same way. As I’ve gotten older I’ve found it a lot easier to sleep with a little light. My sleeping pills probably help that out, though. I also like noise but not blaring music or tv.

with M&M's I like to empty the bag onto a lipped plate and eat the colors in order, its the same order each time - brown first, orange, green, red, yellow, and save the blue's for last.

:cutie:

I dump out the m&m’s, group them by color (all the blues together, all the reds together, etc) and them eat the largest group first and on down to the smallest group.

I dump out the m&m’s, group them by color (all the blues together, all the reds together, etc) and them eat the largest group first and on down to the smallest group.

I do this but eat them all to the lowest common denominator. I don’t eat the extras in any sort of order BUT when I eat all the groups it has to be in the same order.

LOL humans are such strange animals

I have a new one, and I might be the only one for this one.

It bugs the HECK out of me when someone wants to emphasize a word and they exaggerate the wrong sound.

For example if someone wants to emphasize get out, they would write get OUTTTTTTTT. Right? We’ve all seen it. How to you pronounce an extended ‘t’ sound? YOU CAN’T! It should be written get OUUUUUUUUT.

Ok, I feel a little better now.

*yes, I get this one is very specific and it just a technicality, but it grates on me lol
YES! Especially when the word ends with an "e" and they write "PLEEEASSEEEEEEEEE" which reads "pleasy"!

One more. I will not sit down anywhere in the house in pants or shorts I've worn out and about. I have house pants/shorts and "outside" pants/shorts (always jeans) and never the twain shall meet.

I didn't know I had this "quark" till I got married and had my son. My socks must match. Like the same style and color the way they came in a pack. And ...when my husband or son walk around with only 1 sock on. Literally drives me nuts.

I do this but eat them all to the lowest common denominator. I don’t eat the extras in any sort of order BUT when I eat all the groups it has to be in the same order.

I don't do this with M&Ms, as all the flavors taste the same to me. But I do this with jelly beans as the different colors are different flavors. I'll eat my least favorite first, usually yellow and green. Then purple, then onto the better flavors, ending with my favorite, red/strawberry/cherry. It's kind of like ending with dessert. Or at least knowing my last jelly bean is a good flavor. :thumbsup2 Nothing worse than ending with a bad flavor in the mouth and not having a better one to follow up with. :p

Remember this?
:rockband: When you eat your Smarties do you eat the red ones last? Do you suck them very slowly or crunch them very fast? Taste their candy-coated goodness and tell me when I ask, when you eat your Smarties do you eat the red ones last?
:goodvibes
ETA: M&Ms taste like dog food compared to Smarties!!

I have this weird hatred for weird nicknames for grandparents - Oma, Grammy, Gramps.
Ick! Yuck!

And I hate posts when people write things like "the children went to Grammy's." Ugg. I want to scratch my eyes out after reading that. Hurts to type it.
And yes I know it's weird.
Nope, not weird. Pop Pop for Grandpa is the worst. And words like brekkie or taters? I can’t even...

I have this weird hatred for weird nicknames for grandparents - Oma, Grammy, Gramps.
Ick! Yuck!

And I hate posts when people write things like "the children went to Grammy's." Ugg. I want to scratch my eyes out after reading that. Hurts to type it.
And yes I know it's weird.

Oma is grandma in German, so it's really not a weird nickname just cultural.

I have to use eggs from the carton from the middle outwards, and evenly on both sides

Nothing weird about that. It's the ONLY correct way to remove eggs from the carton. DW starts at one end and continues from that side, resulting in an unbalanced carton. I have to rearrange them the proper way.

She also loads the dishwasher wrong but I don't bother correcting her. She will, however, rearrange about 90% of the items I put in it.

Nope, not weird. Pop Pop for Grandpa is the worst. And words like brekkie or taters? I can’t even...

Absolutely!!!! My stepdaughters called both grandfathers Pop Pop. It was like fingernails on a blackboard to me. If and when they have kids, I want to be called "Grandfather Ray." "Sir" or "Your Excellency" would also be acceptable.

I'm a dinosaur who still likes paper road maps. Maps have to be refolded EXACTLY the way they were originally. In the past I would cringe when I saw how poorly people would fold maps, either their own or while browsing in a store.

How can people be so disrespectful?? :furious:

(I have about 500 paper road maps.)

When I got married I liked to listen to the radio as I was going to sleep. DW insisted the room be dark and quiet. It took some getting used to, but she finally trained me.

Fast forward years later: now she wants to go to sleep with the TV on in our bedroom. It's taking some getting used to, but she's untraining/retraining me.

Of course, I have no quirks at all. ;)

I didn't know I had this "quark" till I got married and had my son. My socks must match. Like the same style and color the way they came in a pack. And ...when my husband or son walk around with only 1 sock on. Literally drives me nuts.

Only one sock?? If I could use my emojis I’d make a cringy face!

Remember this?
:rockband: When you eat your Smarties do you eat the red ones last? Do you suck them very slowly or crunch them very fast? Taste their candy-coated goodness and tell me when I ask, when you eat your Smarties do you eat the red ones last?
:goodvibes
ETA: M&Ms taste like dog food compared to Smarties!!

I sang it in the tune lol

I like m&ms but smarties are for sure better. Different quality of chocolate.

I hate that zucchini noodles are called zoodles. Zoodles are pasta shapes where you can go hunting with your bowl and spoon LOL

Brekkie makes me cringe so hard. My dad always says it on Christmas morning. My daughter has picked it up and I glare at her every time she says it because it’s mostly to bug me.

Around here, we use Grandma and Papa. My sisters kids call my dad Papa too and the other grandpa is grandpa. It avoids confusion.

piggybacking on the cotton touching
I can't touch cotton balls, wooden spoons, popsicle sticks, velvet, or chalk
I literally can't. My hands reject it, I drop it immediately or throw it across the room lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter