What’s the most positive amazing/unexpected thing you saw/did/had happen this year?

First…..Prayers and hugs for all of you that had a rough 2023 :grouphug:. I’ll keep everyone in my prayers for a better 2024 🙏🏻

For us….,2023 had some difficult times and some joyous times. The unexpected is my DH lost his job at the end of November - he never saw it coming. The even more unexpected is with lots of faith and prayers my DH kept his chin up, never stopped one day with looking for a new job and thanks be to God was offered a new job last Thursday. He signed the papers this week, took the physical and is good to start January 2nd. I am so proud of him and despite the stresses of all this, we stayed strong as a couple and without spending any extra money we have had a lovely and memorable Christmas season.

Now we move onto to 2024 and pray that this new job is better than the last, my DD20 stays healthy and injury free (we had scares with her in 2023) and that she has a fantastic season (sophmore in college).

Hugs to everyone ❤️:grouphug:

First…..Prayers and hugs for all of you that had a rough 2023 :grouphug:. I’ll keep everyone in my prayers for a better 2024 🙏🏻

For us….,2023 had some difficult times and some joyous times. The unexpected is my DH lost his job at the end of November - he never saw it coming. The even more unexpected is with lots of faith and prayers my DH kept his chin up, never stopped one day with looking for a new job and thanks be to God was offered a new job last Thursday. He signed the papers this week, took the physical and is good to start January 2nd. I am so proud of him and despite the stresses of all this, we stayed strong as a couple and without spending any extra money we have had a lovely and memorable Christmas season.

Now we move onto to 2024 and pray that this new job is better than the last, my DD20 stays healthy and injury free (we had scares with her in 2023) and that she has a fantastic season (sophmore in college).

Hugs to everyone ❤️:grouphug:
Slo, that is amazing. I'm sorry for the trials, but excited for your future. We always think everyone else has it easy, but we all have our struggles. Wishing you the best!!

We had a good year - DH had a hip replacement in January and was diving in the Red Sea 7 weeks later (glad he got that trip in last spring!) Our Rhine river cruise was definitely a highlight, and I have my cuckoo clock on the wall as a reminder. The best of all is getting to spend a lot of time with our grandson who will be 2 in February. We sold our family home and moved here to be close by, and it has been a wonderful experience.

Met my favorite band for the first time, who hasn't done M&Gs since before COVID-19. They did a one-day M&G in NYC the day they released their new album, which I was already planning on being in the city on that day anyway. Amazing, unexpected turn of luck that I was able to get a ticket to the M&G and meeting them was a moment I'll carry with me forever.

We started off 2023 pretty terrible. 2 of my daughters classmates were killed in a car accident around noon on New Year’s Eve. Not a good start to the year and many of the kids have struggled.
Good: all of my mom’s cancer check ups came back clean. We are all happy and healthy. I can’t ask for more than that:-)

Mixed bag - got my knees replaced at the very end of 2022 so it was a year of healing. The lack of severe pain while walking and standing has been the biggest blessing. We lost our fur baby of 12 years this summer which was extremely difficult. We also adopted a new rescue baby who has brought us much joy. All in all a pretty boring year which I'll take over negative any day! IMG_3724.jpgIMG_3675.jpg

We spent another fantastic 2 weeks in Spain this spring. This time when we were in Granada you could see snow on the Sierra Nevadas, which made all the views even more amazing than last time we were there in fall 2021. I don't mind seeing snow when it's 90 degrees.

20230427_115540.jpg

Not a good year. I fractured my femur and learned there is a cancerous lesion there and in my spine. Spent 45 days in the hospital and rehab.
When I was in the hospital they told me my favorite Aunt died.
The good - I’m still alive and going to celebrate early Christmas today with my family. My faith sure helps a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter