What’s your favorite everyday face sunscreen?

I work in a dermatology office and we recommend Cerave AM face lotion. It has SPF 30 in it. I wear it myself under my make-up and I love it.
Otherwise Laroche posay has a good tinted moisturizer that has 50 in it. You can wear it on its own or with some powder.

Laroche-Posay Anthelios SPF 60 is the ONLY thing I have ever been able to find that does not burn my eyes if I sweat. I've tried everything - Cerevae, Neutrogena, no-tears baby sunscreen, etc. It's expensive as heck but a bottle lasts me a long time.

My favorite is the It Cosmetics CC+ Your skin but better. It has an spf of 50, very lightweight, moisturizing, with a little bit of color. I use it on its own and under foundation.

April, are you talking about same Melt-in that was mentioned earlier.
It sounds like you might be.
I am thinking I want to try it.
How is the smell/fragrance?

My favorite is the It Cosmetics CC+ Your skin but better. It has an spf of 50, very lightweight, moisturizing, with a little bit of color. I use it on its own and under fou

I'll second this, and if my sister were here, she'd give it a third. I love it!

Have used Olay or Neutrogena with sunscreen for too many years to count. Never have used make up, love the sun and gardening, and have very few skin issues. Love the price and the proven effects on me.

Drunk Elephant Sheer Physical Defense - caveat being that it's pricey and I personally need to mix it with a moisturizer, otherwise it dries me out. They also have a tinted version.

Runner-up would be Neutrogena.
Was reminded of other brands that PP have mentioned...I also like Sun Bum and La-Roche Posay. I think both of those have overtaken Neutrogena for me. Right now I use Drunk Elephant on my face and Sun Bum everywhere else.

It’s their face sunscreen, with SPF 50. I use their lip sunscreen, too.

I think I’ll give this one a try, thanks! It looks like they have a mineral line, which is right up my alley!

My favorite is the It Cosmetics CC+ Your skin but better. It has an spf of 50, very lightweight, moisturizing, with a little bit of color. I use it on its own and under foundation.

I'll second this, and if my sister were here, she'd give it a third. I love it!

I actually really like this product as a foundation (I personally find it thick for a CC cream), but almost nobody uses enough of it to actually get the spf benefits. You need about 1/4 teaspoon of sunscreen (or makeup product with spf) to get the stated sun protection. Note, the 1/4 teaspoon is an average based on needing 2mg/cm2 of sunscreen (so smaller faces need less but still not likely as little used in makeup application).

Have used Olay or Neutrogena with sunscreen for too many years to count. Never have used make up, love the sun and gardening, and have very few skin issues. Love the price and the proven effects on me.

Which Olay do you use? I was trying to look up ingredients, but there’s so many!

Was reminded of other brands that PP have mentioned...I also like Sun Bum and La-Roche Posay. I think both of those have overtaken Neutrogena for me. Right now I use Drunk Elephant on my face and Sun Bum everywhere else.

I think I’m going to buy some of the LaRoche Posay and Sun Bum today to test out! Both have a mineral line, which I much prefer over purely chemical sunscreens.

I would much rather just be able to go to the store and buy a sunscreen lol (I can for actual outside time and body sunscreen), but I just love my dang Biore so much! They need to come to the US market lol.

I work in a dermatology office and we recommend Cerave AM face lotion. It has SPF 30 in it. I wear it myself under my make-up and I love it.

This is the brand I use. It is the only brand I've ever tried that ACTUALLY prevents a sunburn ALL DAY. Every other brand sweats off, I guess? I can use this stuff in the morning, be out in the sun all day, and have no color change to my (pale) face. Usually, I end up with a burnt nose and forehead.

The one I have is SPF 50. It's called CeraVe InvisibleZinc Face Lotion. It's a mineral sunscreen. Comes in a 2oz bottle, but a little goes a long way.

Which Olay do you use? I was trying to look up ingredients, but there’s so many!

I use the Olay Complete. Yes, the ingredients on all of them are so confusing - why do they need so many?? :confused3

Not an expensive one by any means, but it has done the job for many years. If I were outside more than a few hours at a time, I would wash face and reapply. Otherwise I keep a light tan all summer.

I can't believe no one mentioned Elta-MD. I started having skin cancers on my face in my early 40's. Here in Dallas,I go to University of Texas Southwestern Dermos, Mohs, and plastic surgeons.
When I started getting carved on, the Dr's told me the jury was still out about whether chemical or physical barriers were better so they suggested I alternate. I researched and researched and found Elta MD. It's both physical and chemical. It's very light under makeup- I literally can't tell I have it on and it does not mess with my makeup.
Last week I had my annual skin cancer check and asked best method lately. My Dermo said the tide has turned toward physical only. In other words, micronized zinc oxide.

I'm allergic to chemical sunscreens so I'm kind of limited. I do very well with any zinc oxide sunscreen. The zinc ones actually make my skin feel GOOD.

I've been using one by Vani-Cream for a few years. I'll buy other brands too if they don't stink and they just have pure physical blocks.

For the day to day: Olay complete sensitive with sunscreen cause it has zinc. If in direct sunlight for long periods it's a $2.97 baseball like cap, sunglasses, and SPF 70.

Question for those using a zinc based sunscreen. Does the brand you use rub in really well? We have tried some zinc based ones and they don’t rub in and you have white streaks on your face.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter